Journeyman
guys the power is ok with these
+ Cooler master extremepower 500W : 2.5k with zebronics cabinet: 1.5k
+ Seagate 7200.12 or WD Caviar Blue/Green 320Gb hdd
+ APC 800VA UPS:
cause i lost 2 hdd before to a lausy smps

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
no yaar. forget about those. first they are on 65nm fab means they take more power. second, they are pretty poor overclockers. third not much L3 cache. fourth they are easily trumped by E5200.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
+ APC 800VA UPS:

A CM 600W would be a ideal choice so that u dont worry about the power resource thing after all. That costs 800bucks more than the 500W one, but its safer-side dude.

king_of all

Journeyman
A CM 600W would be a ideal choice so that u dont worry about the power resource thing after all. That costs 800bucks more than the 500W one, but its safer-side dude.
than 600 it is :), man you guys have helped me a lot, guy, i sure hope i can return the favour ( i m a movie uploader/ downloader, any movie you want tell me n i will send you the links) :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
than 600 it is :), man you guys have helped me a lot, guy, i sure hope i can return the favour ( i m a movie uploader/ downloader, any movie you want tell me n i will send you the links) :)

Thats for we're here.To help others.:)

any idea how much is Antec Earthwatts EA650?

it's 80 PLUS certified too and I think it is around 3.5k.

Its around 3.5k as u guess rumors also coming close to it.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a buy a new processor, motherboard and RAM for a office system.
Usage will be typically Word Applications, Internet Browsing and some movie watching, no gaming. As it will be running for long hours(approximately 10 hours per day) it must be power efficient.
I haven't being able to decide on the processor and the mother board.

My choice is:

Intel Dual Core 2.5 GHz E5200 - 800 FSB/2MBCache 3375
Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 Intel® G31 + ICH7 Chipset 1600 OC FSB 2450
Kingston DDR 2 2 GB /800 Mhz 1275

My budget for the 3 components is Rs. 7,000

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi,

I have a buy a new processor, motherboard and RAM for a office system.
Usage will be typically Word Applications, Internet Browsing and some movie watching, no gaming. As it will be running for long hours(approximately 10 hours per day) it must be power efficient.
I haven't being able to decide on the processor and the mother board.

My choice is:

Intel Dual Core 2.5 GHz E5200 - 800 FSB/2MBCache 3375
Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 Intel® G31 + ICH7 Chipset 1600 OC FSB 2450
Kingston DDR 2 2 GB /800 Mhz 1275

My budget for the 3 components is Rs. 7,000

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Get Transcend Jet Ram instead of Kingston, as it has a 5 year warranty. Just my 2 cents. Rest is fine.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Get Transcend Jet Ram instead of Kingston, as it has a 5 year warranty. Just my 2 cents. Rest is fine.

I am going for Kingston as my friends have found some problems with the Transcend warranty service in Bangalore. I think that even Kingston has 5 years warranty and the service is pretty good ( I had a good experience with Kingston pen drives).

what you mentioned is good config. go for it.

What about Intel Atom based systems? How powerful are those for multimedia applications?

I checked their price, it is just around 3k for both the processor and motherboard. Also, they have very low power requirement.

Has anyone had experience with Atom based machines?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I am going for Kingston as my friends have found some problems with the Transcend warranty service in Bangalore. I think that even Kingston has 5 years warranty and the service is pretty good ( I had a good experience with Kingston pen drives).

What about Intel Atom based systems? How powerful are those for multimedia applications?

I checked their price, it is just around 3k for both the processor and motherboard. Also, they have very low power requirement.

U r right - the pen drives from transcend are the only big problem because of the marketing people some of the distributor sold lately the old model pendrives & the cap type . because the stock was over in the pendrive section so before a year manufactured drives are sold thats y its a big problem .

As for RAM - TRANSCEND immediately gave the new RAM next day i given for RMA & its has higher latency than corsair & Kingston

AFAIK the best RAM in the world is Transcend & Corsair first next OCZ & GSkill

Atom based system are only used for net purpose - While u have E5200 is 50 times better than the atom system

tkin

Back to school!!
U r right - the pen drives from transcend are the only big problem because of the marketing people some of the distributor sold lately the old model pendrives & the cap type . because the stock was over in the pendrive section so before a year manufactured drives are sold thats y its a big problem .

As for RAM - TRANSCEND immediately gave the new RAM next day i given for RMA & its has higher latency than corsair & Kingston

AFAIK the best RAM in the world is Transcend & Corsair first next OCZ & GSkill

Atom based system are only used for net purpose - While u have E5200 is 50 times better than the atom system
Corsair & Transcend in same level, higher than G-Skill & Kingston? Anyway I think you mean lower latency.

Latency isn't everything, Zion RAMs have lower latencies than most RAMs out there, but try OCing it, same with Transcend, AFAIK when OCing and buying memory above 1066MHz, its best to go for Corsair for reliability, and the extra margin it gives in its products, remember HX450, it's actually a 550w PSU, same analogy here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Corsair & Transcend in same level, higher than G-Skill & Kingston? Anyway I think you mean lower latency.

Latency isn't everything, Zion RAMs have lower latencies than most RAMs out there, but try OCing it, same with Transcend, AFAIK when OCing and buying memory above 1066MHz, its best to go for Corsair for reliability, and the extra margin it gives in its products, remember HX450, it's actually a 550w PSU, same analogy here.

Actually Latency is not big deal but when it comes to customer satisfaction ! though transcend AXE RAM DDR2 is not available in INDIA in most of the places try OCing that one i had 2 of them which i given to my friend ! just OCed gr8 & the performance is cool i do trust Corsair - u ask many of them TRANSCEND or KINGSTON ?? which is best also Gskill or Corsair ??

acewin

Point Blanc
+ APC 800VA UPS:

the prices for 800VA and 1KVA will be almost same, so check while buying the UPS.
I called up APC customer care today and the fella said BR1000Y-IN and another one of 1100VA are available here. will get to know more about these tomorrow, as I am to buy a new UPS tomorrow.

I will suggest you to mark on PSU and UPS, keeping a 20-30 margin is better if you wanna keep your rig running for long(long means 3+ years without changing to new HW). my dad bought an intex UPS at home for the computer just because he wanted to plug in with inverter, they are real shitty.

Have used HP 800VA Premium and microtek 1KVA UPS, no problems, but think HP one is better than the microtek.
zebronics 600W Pro is equally good or better than coolermaster extreme power 600W in same price

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

You mean Atom. E5200 is 10000000 times better than Atom. Even for the purpose you mentioned its too weak to serve. A friend of mine having a PC which is having a 900MHz Atom proccy, 1GB RAM and it took around 2-3 mins to load XP. He doesn't have anything at his startup.

I woudn't even consider Atom if i buy a PC for my office needs. It looks cool by start, but time goes on, you get mad and hit your PC with a baseball bat. :D

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Need a suggestion for a computer upgrade. My friend's computer went kaput. Now he wants the following parts and the price range is around 15000 Rs.
#1 Motherboard(onboard graphics preferred)
#2 Processor
#3 DDR2 RAM
He has HDD and maybe he won't change the cabinet. But then too feel free to give suggestion on cabinet too.

rajiv.bandi

Right off the assembly line
Suggestions for New System

Friends,
I am planning to buy a new assembled PC.
Please let me know your suggestions.
I have shortlisted a few products
Cabinet : CoolerMaster 690
SMPS: Corsair HX620 / TX 750
Processor: E8400 or a Quad Core
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H (looking for Intel G45 or later, no amd)
RAM: 2GB / 4GB (depending on price) (Transend)
Harddisk: Seagate 500GB
Monitor: Dell 2209WA
Also please give suggestions for UPS.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom