Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

surinder

Tech addict
How much the Home UPS costs ?? , i dono much abt the electrical appliances i dono even the brands could u suggest me some things which is @ the budget of 7K for home Ups ?? only 2 hrs back up is enough
Don't know updated prices but two years earlier it cost me 11K and still going great.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some mobo donot unlock the 4 cores in PII 550 !! cause many bios are updated prevents unlocking !

Get Biostar mobo

It depends mainly on mobo chipset. As far as I know 790 series mobos allow you to unlock all 4 cores ( though some mobo manufacturer may block it in their bios option )

blackbird

Journeyman
@topgear; @damngoodman999
yet any mobo confirmed to unlock it ?

and which mobo you are suggesting TA790GXB or the TA790GX 128M A3+ and why ? according to power consumption ?

And if it comes to choose from gigabyte which mobo should i get ? and why? according to power consumption ?
Gigabyte GA-78GPM-DS2H
Gigabyte GA-78GM-US2H

Why i opted to Gigabyte is because if u see closely they have a Easy Energy saver technology in place and that will save my electricity bill.. (i don't know how much) do you think biostar will do it ? i do not see any Green tech in them or never read a review over green graphic...

Unlocking the core
*www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=226366
*valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=591038
*www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1184444/phenom-ii-x2-550-black-edition-surprise
*www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=187125
*www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1155746
*www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1034282323

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Gigabyte 780G mobos are far better than Biostar 790 mobos mentioned above. The Biostar 790 mobos hav never unlocked cores for anyone so far...other than in some chinese or korean reviews with the help of some unexplained cooling solution.

blackbird

Journeyman
Gigabyte 780G mobos are far better than Biostar 790 mobos mentioned above. The Biostar 790 mobos hav never unlocked cores for anyone so far...other than in some chinese or korean reviews with the help of some unexplained cooling solution.

I too think so...
I never heard much abt oc on bio.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

and which mobo you are suggesting TA790GXB or the TA790GX 128M A3+ and why ? according to power consumption ?

And if it comes to choose from gigabyte which mobo should i get ? and why? according to power consumption ?
Gigabyte GA-78GPM-DS2H
Gigabyte GA-78GM-US2H

Why i opted to Gigabyte is because if u see closely they have a Easy Energy saver technology in place and that will save my electricity bill.. (i don't know how much) do you think biostar will do it ? i do not see any Green tech in them or never read a review over green graphic...

Unlocking the core
*www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1184444/phenom-ii-x2-550-black-edition-surprise

Some Biostar & asrock mobo can unlock all four cores though I'm not sure about model name but I do know that they use 790GX chipset.

BTW, if you don't want to enable all four cores ( I think it's a risky thing ) just get Gigabyte mobo. Yup they have some techs to reduce power consumption & quality wise gigabayte mobos are far more better than Biostar.
I've never recommended any biostar mobos as they have some heating issue.
So go for Gigabayte ( forget about unlocking all 4 cores ) & be safe & save power & save the world :p

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Gigabyte GA-78GPM-DS2H
Gigabyte GA-78GM-US2H

Unlocking the core

Its not mobo u considered - Its the latest Bios

tanvir_87

Broken In
hey guys ! i m new in this forum.....i am purchasing a new pc and i need ur help
the basic requirements are :-
graphic card - ATI 4850/4870(which ever is better)
ram - 4 GB
processor - 2.66 core2duo
hard disk - 500 GB
it will be a one time investment so i need the best ?

tanvir_87

Broken In
hey guys ! i m new in this forum.....i am purchasing a new pc and i need ur help
ram - 4 GB
hard disk - 500 GB

niladrisde

Dhishum
Hi,

I want to assemble a new budget PC, in which I want to setup a Linux server. Budget is a constraint, as less as possible. For Mobo+Procy+RAM, not willing to spend more than 6k, if possible. Also am looking for a cheap LCD monitor, which supports minimum 1024x768, if possible @6k or less - need suggestions.

No big processing requirement, would mainly be running CVS code repository on it, and occasionally would be running PHP/MySQL, for doing some code testing. No strong graphic requirements, onboard enough. Everything at stock, no OCing.

This machine would be left on, for days at a stretch. Hence energy-efiiciency is a must. Also, it'll be placed in the corner of a bedroom, hence need it to be as quiet as possible.

I am big fan of ASUS and AMD, however please suggest as you feel appropriate.

Thanks in advance...

blackbird

Journeyman
Hi,

I want to assemble a new budget PC, in which I want to setup a Linux server. Budget is a constraint, as less as possible. For Mobo+Procy+RAM, not willing to spend more than 6k, if possible. Also am looking for a cheap LCD monitor, which supports minimum 1024x768, if possible @6k or less - need suggestions.

No big processing requirement, would mainly be running CVS code repository on it, and occasionally would be running PHP/MySQL, for doing some code testing. No strong graphic requirements, onboard enough. Everything at stock, no OCing.

This machine would be left on, for days at a stretch. Hence energy-efiiciency is a must. Also, it'll be placed in the corner of a bedroom, hence need it to be as quiet as possible.

I am big fan of ASUS and AMD, however please suggest as you feel appropriate.

Thanks in advance...

For your requirement i think Atom will fit the need

You need to buy exactly this product
Intel D945GCLF2 Motherboard which consist on board processor
It is Mini ITX and will be silent because it uses a small fan and ATOM processor is low on heat...
Power consumption will be BETWEEN 30-50 watts (without Monitor) with one SATA HDD, DVD ROM.......

If you add lcd it will consume the same amount as motherboard (unless it is LG Energy Efficient Monitor VERSION) can give suggestion about LCD
so it will consume Less than 100Watts guaranteed

Ram you can use Transcend/Kingston = 2GB / 4GB 667mhz (which is max) single Stick For this mobo..
Intel D945GCLF2 (it also have a tv out) = 4950 (from deltapage.com) can be less
Processor ATOM 330 1.6 Ghz (Inbuilt)
Transcend/Kingston 2GB / 4GB 667mhz = ?

You can also look for some Zotac Models for this Atom...
Why i choose this is because of energy efficiency and it can play anything you throw at it
The size is VERY SMALL... MiniITX
this is good..mobo...

For AMD
many will suggest
SEMPRON AMD 64 LE 1250+ 2.2 GHz, 512KB,AM2 1575
and 780G or less mobo...
Depends on you

parag1985

Broken In
Hello friends

I wont waste any time of urs and coming straight to the point .Considering the following points suggest me a GOOD rig.

BUDGET-Rs 15,000
Requirement-Only CPU (Processor+Motherbrd+Ram+HDD+Cabinet)
Usage-Gaming +Movies+Music+Surfing etc.
Preference-AMD,Min Ram 4gb and Min Hdd 500 Gb rest of ur choice.
Query-My dad is going to Singapore next month and i just want to ask u ppl that should i buy above things from here or tell him to bring them from there.Suggest me guys what should I do.Thanks in advance:)

niladrisde

Dhishum
Intel D945GCLF2 (it also have a tv out) = 4950 (from deltapage.com) can be less
Processor ATOM 330 1.6 Ghz (Inbuilt)
Transcend/Kingston 2GB / 4GB 667mhz = ?

Thanks for the suggestion, sounds excellent!

What is the cabinet I should buy for this? Is the normal ATX cabinet good? I believe normal ATX would be bulky, and the local SMPS itself will consume quite a bit of power, and make good noise... but what about prices? :-? Thoroughly confused... please help.

And also any suggestions about the LCD monitor (all I need is 1024x768, reliable and cheap) and prices?

I'd be installing Linux on this PC, any red flags there?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

blackbird

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion, sounds excellent!

What is the cabinet I should buy for this? Is the normal ATX cabinet good? I believe normal ATX would be bulky, and the local SMPS itself will consume quite a bit of power, and make good noise... but what about prices? :-? Thoroughly confused... please help.

And also any suggestions about the LCD monitor (all I need is 1024x768, reliable and cheap) and prices?

I'd be installing Linux on this PC, any red flags there?

Thanks in advance...

1) I purchased a zebronics chotu cabinet it was priced (2month before) 2.3k with SMPS
*www.zebronics.net/miniitxcabinets.asp
It looks Just like a CD player in Chotu :)

Limitation -
a) You can't attach a normal DVD / CD ROM in it...it needs a slim version or better move to External dvd/cd writer.
b) You can't add a graphics card in it.. or i can say can't utilize the PCI slot...
there is a Possible way but leave it for now...
c) can't add more than 1 hdd inside the case... and no floppy drive (no one use it..)
d) A little hard to install but will do...

2) Regarding youy Linux Question if the version support Intel ATOM 330 D945GCLF2 board (i mean to say drivers) than it is okay...basically it utilizes 945 driver.. So i PERSONALLY do not think that there will be any problem (condition is new linux) same rule apply for new motherboards.

3) Regarding the LCD
Practically almost all lcd support that resolution ( 1024x768 )
You can go for LG, DELL, SAMSUNG depends on availability..
Or you can ask here
Some suggestion by this board memebers
Samsung 2033SW 20" LCD Monitor @ 7.2k
Dell E1909W 19" LCD Monitor @ 7.4k
BenQ 18.5" E900HD LCD Monitor @ 6.5k
LG 18.5" Wide LCD W1943S for 7.2K bucks

check this out *lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=197&sort=Price&direction=ASC&offset=8

Word of caution : REMEMBER that Mobo is Intel D945GCLF2 (REMEMBER THE "2") there is a version that is D945GCLF which is single core and i think it is not that great avoid at all cost. (it is priced around 3200) the second version is costly due to 1GB Lan, Dual core speed, and tv out (remember it is not that good but assumable)...

I have done this setup completely and it is stable you can play games like
Age of empires
MAX payne 2
and many old games...

This setup will not be upgradable..But will not be throwable...LOL can make a good download rig, NAS, or 24/7 pc....the power consumption is extremely low (i know there are other option but in MINIITX NONE)

You can also check Zotac ION based motherboard (ION-ITX-A-U). same processor but uses a powerful graphic inbuilt. *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/zotac-ion-atom,2300.html
Do check the zotac before purchasing the D945GCLF2...if it fits ur budget purchase it better than d945gclf2...
features like Gefore graphic on board, NO smps required(Adapter) check for more

*mini-itx.com/40933846
*www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3566
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3562
*pden.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop...category_id=15&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Last edited:

surinder

Tech addict
Hello friends

I wont waste any time of urs and coming straight to the point .Considering the following points suggest me a GOOD rig.

BUDGET-Rs 15,000
Requirement-Only CPU (Processor+Motherbrd+Ram+HDD+Cabinet)
Usage-Gaming +Movies+Music+Surfing etc.
Preference-AMD,Min Ram 4gb and Min Hdd 500 Gb rest of ur choice.
Query-My dad is going to Singapore next month and i just want to ask u ppl that should i buy above things from here or tell him to bring them from there.Suggest me guys what should I do.Thanks in advance:)
Phenom II X2 550 @5.5K
Bioster A780G @3.5K
500 GB WD SATA with 32 MB cache @2.7K
Kingston 2X2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ @1.9K
Zebronics Bizli @1.6K

Don't know about Singapur prices but just keep in mind you may have some warranty issues then. So if price difference is not so much there better buy in India.

surinder

Tech addict
ram - 4 GB
hard disk - 500 GB

my budget is around 25-30k

E7400 @5.7K (my advise Phenom II X2 550 @5.5K)
Asus P5KPL-CM @2.5K (my advise Bioster A780G 3.5@K)
500GB WD HDD with 32MB cache @2.7K
Kingston 2X2GB DDR2 800MHZ @1.9K
Samsung 22X SATA @1.1K
Sapphire HD 4850 512 DDR3 @6.5K
Corsair Cx400 @3K(yes this will do)
Zebronics Bizli @1.3K(without PSU)
Samsung 2033SW @7.5K
K+M logitech wired @0.5K

It is about 32.5K with Intel and 33.5K with AMD can't be done lower then that by going your with wishlist.

parag1985

Broken In
Phenom II X2 550 @5.5K
Bioster A780G @3.5K
500 GB WD SATA with 32 MB cache @2.7K
Kingston 2X2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ @1.9K
Zebronics Bizli @1.6K

Don't know about Singapur prices but just keep in mind you may have some warranty issues then. So if price difference is not so much there better buy in India.

Thanks Surinder for replying I just want to ask few questions regarding the motherbrd and Cabinet.
1.I got through some reviews about the Biostar A780G mothrboard n I am very much confused about buying this board is biostar really reliable ?

2. If in future i want to add a graphic card will this PSU will be useful i want to be future proof so kindly suggest me regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom