Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benq 18.5" is a gud option. Its not that I don't hav budget for 19"...its dat my HD4670 wont handle 1440x900res with 4xAA. With 17" I can switch off AA for 1440x900res and wont know the difference. Do anyone know the native resolution for 18.5" LCD??

its 1366*768

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Can anyone post the model no.s of Dell 17" and Benq 18.5" LCDs...and their prices too?? hwz Samsung LCDs for the same range??

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^Samsung 20" 2033 is gr8.

It has a contrast ratio of 15000:1, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1600x900 high resolution.

Price - Rs. 8,250

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@compaddict
offtopic: where do u get this pricing daily man??!! am too lazy to go to my dealer ask him all the prices even once in a week....hmm let me find out the price for this Dell's Ultra thing 2moro as its weekend...btw gud luck with ur 'Latest Prices' thread...keep up the gud work :)

jiit

Right off the assembly line
I want to purchase Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz processor. Can you plz. suggest the best compatible mother board for aforesaid processor which can support 4GB DDR3 RAM and above.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^budget. why can't everyone mention budget before asking for product???

@jiit, this one's for you: MSI P7N2 DIAMOND

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
@compaddict
offtopic: where do u get this pricing daily man??!! am too lazy to go to my dealer ask him all the prices even once in a week....hmm let me find out the price for this Dell's Ultra thing 2moro as its weekend...btw gud luck with ur 'Latest Prices' thread...keep up the gud work
Just go to a few sites mentioned in the beginning of the Price List, it takes 5 mins everytime I'm online, that's all.

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
hey guys....need ur help...m a 3d visualiser....my current config consists of amd 64 X2 4200+ on Asus M2AVM, 2gb ram & 8600 gt graphix card, VIP 500w psu....now since m starting freelancing, i need a better system....so need ur help on deciding the right CPU & MB combo along with the COSTS....now most importantly i have a strict budget of rs.18k( only 4 cpu & mobo as m getting ram frm sumwhr else)...kindly help me out...as far as i know AMD phenom ought 2 suit my reqmt well, isnt it....anywz, KINDLY SHOOOOT!!!!!!!...thanx in advance

hey guys....need ur help...m a 3d visualiser....my current config consists of amd 64 X2 4200+ on Asus M2AVM, 2gb ram & 8600 gt graphix card, VIP 500w psu....now since m starting freelancing, i need a better system....so need ur help on deciding the right CPU & MB combo along with the COSTS....now most importantly i have a strict budget of rs.18k( only 4 cpu & mobo as m getting ram frm sumwhr else)...kindly help me out...as far as i know AMD phenom ought 2 suit my reqmt well, isnt it....anywz, KINDLY SHOOOOT!!!!!!!...thanx in advance

For 18k, The right Choice will be AMD PII 940 with Biostar TA790GX 128MB . Excellent VFM for ur usage and ur budget.

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
For 18k, The right Choice will be AMD PII 940 with Biostar TA790GX 128MB . Excellent VFM for ur usage and ur budget.

ok...sounds cool...but can u suggest an alternative for the biostar motherboard...maybe sumthin more common n general like ASUS or GIGABYTE??? cuz they ought 2 have gud after-sales service tooo....

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
ok...but i hope going for a GB or ASUS wont affect my budget....cud u kindly give a breakdown of the costs involving Asus, GB & Biostar???

the Biostar board is about 5.5k while the asus and GB boards (based on 790GX or FX chipsets) are priced around 8-9 k. If u choose Asus/GB, u have to select PII 920 in place of 940, and still i will be overshoot ur budget a little (around 2-3k). Wats ur location ?

healerneil

Broken In
Hi there friends. Relatively new here into the forum. And my previous 2 posts never got updated due to network failure and swear on ALMA's head (Know FEAR??) got mighty pissed off. So keeping fingers of one hand crossed, typing frantically wid the others.. Need a suggestion, having big time confusions on my head. Reading too much of a magazine called DIGIT, something l like for the past 10 years when it was known by some other name Recently went on a upgrading spree, and sold of my Dad's computer (Replaced his with my own (AMD 4200 + Asus M2avm+8600 GT). Now somehow saved sufficiently enough (How can a Final year Medical student SAVE and SURVIVE please!!) confusion is that won't buy the graphics card right now, after a 3 month gap. Aiming for the ATI radeon 4850 (no, i can't buy the 4870 and don't make my mouth water please). Aah, but the temptation when the 9800 GT comes up anywhere. Prices are bound to fall after 3 months. Looked up all reviews, all benchmarks. Still can't decide wether i should go the ati radeon or geforce. still more confusion is that i should i go for a motherboard with AMD integrated solution (Radeon 3200) or the Geforce 8200 solution. Somehow i don't feel like teeming up a Ati graphics card with a motherboard having Geforce integrated graphics. so please friends suggest me..which mobo + graphics card should i go for..please keep a reasonable budget in mind. I just game at medium resolution bt yeah, i need full eye candy! My choice is a Jetway HA 06 with crossfire + Ati radeon 4850 for a budget mid end solution..any more expert suggestions ?? DIGIT TEAM..M expecting one, you owe this!

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
the Biostar board is about 5.5k while the asus and GB boards (based on 790GX or FX chipsets) are priced around 8-9 k. If u choose Asus/GB, u have to select PII 920 in place of 940, and still i will be overshoot ur budget a little (around 2-3k). Wats ur location ?

hmm...wt ur saying is right...but tell me in case i decide 4 phenom 9850, will it rest on the biostar board??? bcoz i really have a strict budget....bcoz if ther isnt much performance diff btwn P2 & P1 then i can cut down my budget...cud u aslo suggest a site which showcases benchmarks btwn cpus....thanx...n btw m located in MUMBAI...wil b gettin it all frm lamington rd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom