Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@ArZuNeOs

thnx for the explanation and support... really appriciate the effort to keep the thread alive...

Stick said:
But there is price reduction to date, so Choto please update the date and price too.

I do try my best... but see time I spend on forums are really limited... and that post is quite big, so it would take time for me as a single person to carrey out the process :( having said that, I and as u may see also many other helpful members do keep them self active in the back/last pages of this thread to try and provide help who ever posts their budget and purpose for the PC :)

thank you..

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Do 2 things 1st...
  • 1st and most varify from the Bill that it has a All India Warrenty :D
  • Smell the board like a dog :D if u get any doubt of even little Burnt smell, pull out... If u smell any other smell of any artificial re-agent which u may think is used to supres the smell of a burn, then also the deal should be off...
  • Inspect the board like a halk or a phd stdunt under microscope :lol:, if u find any burnt mark or any thing which may relate it to burnt and any mark which may show physical damage, deal is off :p, watch very carrefuly every place the ram slot and all other stuff :p so see any thing related to burn or physical damage :D
  • Last of all, give a practical test, run CPU Z or any other hardware identification software to make sure it is a P5N32-E SLi :D
Once all those are right, I would say go for it over a lower end P35 :D... but if u plan to buy a board like ABit IP35-Pro which is Rs. 9500/- or similer ASUS model which are over 13k in price, then u may find those boards are better than this 2nd hand one...

P.S. Dont forget to take the bill for India Warrenty

gr8 suggestions man but theres a little prob and the prob is that the guy whos selling the mobo lives bout 1800km from where i stay:D

Pathik

Google Bot
If it is from any forum then check the reputation of the seller.. And if the seller is a hardcore or ever a n00b overclocker, cancel the deal IMO :D

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Are you buying from THL because there was a P5N32-E SLI for Sale.

Yes i'm dealing with a guy on THL (Vivek Punjabi).

@Pathiks the guy is a oc'er cuz the screenshots of Everest that he has posted shows that he has oc'd his procy.

as of now i'm testing a Asus P5B Dlx WiFi which a guy is selling for 7.5k.its bout 8months old and comes with original bill.even this board has been oc'd.
now my prob with this mobo is the pci-e works at x1 if i set the fsb above 400 even with NB vCore set to 1.55v.else the board is working like a charm.

my vendor is quoting a price of 9.9k incl of taxes for Abit IP35 Pro,9.9k for XFX 680i SLi,12.5k for P5N32-E SLi.as of now he cudnt get the rates for MSI P35 Neo Platinum.

so wat do u ppl suggest sud i buy the P5B Dlx or Abit IP35 Pro??i think i can stretch my budget to 10k.

also how good will the Abit IP35 Pro over the P5B Dlx??

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
If i was u i wd get a ip35e for now. And get a 780i /x38/ x48 board after some time.

i had thought of Abit IX38 Quad GT but after reading some reviews i hav changed my mind cuz reviews hav shown that X38 doesnt hav enuf performance gains over P35 to justify price diff.

as of now i've shortlisted 3 mobos:
1>Abit IP35 Pro
2>MSI P35 Platinum
3>Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi (2nd hand) -> 6k

i'm a bit inclined 2wards the P5B Dlx mainly due to the price at which i'm getting it.if u guys can show me that P35 will hav substantial performance and overcloking gains over P965 only then shall i buy Abit or MSI.

remember that i'll be oc'ing a quad.

IllegalUser

Caution !
Hey Guys.. which onboard gfx is good? comparing to ASUS & INTEL?? Im planning to buy one PC.. Should i get DG965RY? or ASUS? Do help me !!

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
SystemError said:
Which ASUS board costs the same price as Intel DG33 Goa Price Rs 4850+ tax

there are none from ASUS at that price range which would be better for C2D... however consider XFX 650i Ultra which is Rs. 4500 + TAX :) but it needs a grfx card as it doesn come with any onboard grfx, but its a great OC capable :lol:

now if u plan not to OC then, BIOSTAR 7100 (GF7100P-M7S) or ABit 7100 (I-N73HD) would be a better deal than Intel G33 based boards :)

IllegalUser said:
Hey Guys.. which onboard gfx is good? comparing to ASUS & INTEL?? Im planning to buy one PC.. Should i get DG965RY? or ASUS? Do help me !!

if u are talking about Intel C2D processor supported boards, then what ever u buy asus or Intel, both will use same grfx chipset which could be G965 (GMA x3000) / G33 (GMA x3100) so as per onboard grfx concern, both Intel and ASUS uses the same grfx chipset :)

hellgate said:
1>Abit IP35 Pro

at Rs. 9200/- it seems a good deal to me :)

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ nope.but the product has been released in India according to Techtree and was priced bout 18k as of 21st december.
but i wanna know its present price.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ read somewhere on the net that a few of these new penryn procies wont be compatible with 680i chipset based boards (dont know bout the others like 650i,945,965 etc) due to the presence of half multipliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom