Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
630 is a LGA 775 any motherboard supporting LGA 775 will work... :) if you have a grfx card, then opt for XFX 650i Ultra of Abit / BIOSTART x38 :D

if you need onboard solution, then go for BIOSTAR 7100 (GF7100P-M7S) / ABit 7100 (I-N73HD) based motherboard... both are at Rs. 4 to 4.5k mark :)

As u said I got Biostar 7100 @ 4450 Rs...

Anyway my stock fan still is noisy & the proccy emits loadsa heat...i know this one does.....can i control this

Should i

1) Replace the stock fan...if so what model or
2) Add a coating of silver artic....I am planning to get antec

Which one is beneficial keeping in mind of lower costs

My other 4 coms dont emit this much of heat ,I am worried .Help me out

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Anyway my stock fan still is noisy & the proccy emits loadsa heat...i know this one does.....can i control this

loook in the BIOS see if any option such as CPU Fan cotrol is there or not... if yes then disable any fan control and let the Procy fan run at full speed :)

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Yes done it...But still she runs @ 67C to 76C....normal times

I am worried When Antivirus Scan & Video Editing Takes Place

Should i go another Stock Fan or add silver Compound

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Yes done it...But still she runs @ 67C to 76C....normal times

I am worried When Antivirus Scan & Video Editing Takes Place

Should i go another Stock Fan or add silver Compound

Reinstall HSF after cleaning the surfaces and heatsink fins and applying thermal paste like AS5 or MX-2. Clean inside of cabinet and fan blades. Tidy up cables to ensure better airflow.Install front inlet and rear outlet fans if not already there.

If possible get an after market HSF.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Thank u

My cabinet is Zebronica Antibiotic .I cleaned out Everything ....even then the problem persists

I am going to purchase Silver compound....Confused & what to buy ..Whether AS5 or MX2..Just tell me

or should i go to purchase another HSF...

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
A new HSF will cost more than Silver compound. You can get some silver compound for less than 500 bucks, whereas a good HSF will cost you more than 1500bucks for sure if you want a good one :)

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Yeah Thanks man...U made think twice.....
I was like a cat on the wall Confused @ what to buy

The thing was with the earlier Mb i used AS5 And the proccy used to run @ 62C on video editing......then after 2 years the mobo died.....

dats y i wanted to go for second opinion

Anyway the final Question is

AS5 or MX2
Bcause My brother is gonna get me some goodies when he comes to india...included is thermaltake cooling solution

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Choto How if you can ...

Hi Choto,

How if you can Write a basic guide for upgraders and new system buyers?

Like for Upgraders (Intel + Amd) for price slot like 5000/8000/10000/12000/15000

For Complete System Buyers (Intel + Amd) price slot : Minimum budget, Ecnomical, Medium budget & Highend System.

PS: You Inbox is FULL :(

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
yeah Choto

Ur Inbox is full....

@ Stick ...Ur idea is common to all...but Choto tries to give a good combination & a Competitive price thus getting an upgrade @ 5000 ,8000 Rs was not possible ....Also Users on a upgrade on Ram saw better performance ...or maybe a new Graphics Card....

Also Ur idea on complete sys.....It also figures in the guide ...the thing is only Items inside the cabinet figured ....as Monitor & Input devices were so personal that it depends from a person to person....So Choto sticks only to items inside dabba (cabinet)...U can use this asa general idea on Upgradation....Read the page 1 Well buddy

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
For prices refer itwares & deltapage for the approx prices [ Refer these as a guideline only] prices may vary a lot

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Yeah Thanks man...U made think twice.....
I was like a cat on the wall Confused @ what to buy

The thing was with the earlier Mb i used AS5 And the proccy used to run @ 62C on video editing......then after 2 years the mobo died.....

dats y i wanted to go for second opinion

Anyway the final Question is

AS5 or MX2
Bcause My brother is gonna get me some goodies when he comes to india...included is thermaltake cooling solution

Get MX-2. It is non conductive, non capacitive, doesn't have a break in period and considered to perform slightly better. Further it is not likely to set hard and the next time you want to disassemble the HSF, it will be easier.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i'm looking for a good mobob to oc my Q6600 to 4GHz and beyond.currently i'm using my frnds spare mobo cuz my MSI P965 Platinum is damaged.
budget is 7k,extendable if suggested mobo is good.
so plz suggest accordingly

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
U'll need water cooling for that.
XFX 680i LT SLI with water Cooling blocks installed is what you should look for.

Don't think about P5N-E SLI.Though it did 471FSB with me it'll surely fry up with the Q6600.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i've an offer of 7k for a yr old P5N32-E SLi.sud i go for it???
any other mobo (based on P35 or X38 chipset) that u wanna suggest.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hellgate said:
i've an offer of 7k for a yr old P5N32-E SLi.sud i go for it???

Do 2 things 1st...

• 1st and most varify from the Bill that it has a All India Warrenty :D
  • Smell the board like a dog :D if u get any doubt of even little Burnt smell, pull out... If u smell any other smell of any artificial re-agent which u may think is used to supres the smell of a burn, then also the deal should be off...
  • Inspect the board like a halk or a phd stdunt under microscope :lol:, if u find any burnt mark or any thing which may relate it to burnt and any mark which may show physical damage, deal is off :p, watch very carrefuly every place the ram slot and all other stuff :p so see any thing related to burn or physical damage :D
  • Last of all, give a practical test, run CPU Z or any other hardware identification software to make sure it is a P5N32-E SLi :D

Once all those are right, I would say go for it over a lower end P35 :D... but if u plan to buy a board like ABit IP35-Pro which is Rs. 9500/- or similer ASUS model which are over 13k in price, then u may find those boards are better than this 2nd hand one...

P.S. Dont forget to take the bill for India Warrenty

Stick said:
Hi Choto,

Hello Stick...

stick said:
How if you can Write a basic guide for upgraders and new system buyers?

There is already one in the 1st page mate... aslo if some one posts his budget and purpose for the system, I try my best to provide upto date info, so look in the last pages of the thread :) u may find what u need, or simply post ur budget with purpose for the system :)

stick said:
Like for Upgraders (Intel + Amd) for price slot like 5000/8000/10000/12000/15000

Stick said:
For Complete System Buyers (Intel + Amd) price slot : Minimum budget, Ecnomical, Medium budget & Highend System.

it all depends on the need of the person, as what he intend to do ?? like some who would prefer entertainment there, more than Procy + Mobo, its the storage and video card performance would matter :) where as who out be more in encoding or such, there one may need for better procy power... so its all on the user to let us know about his choice :D

Stick said:
PS: You Inbox is FULL

Sorry for the incoviniance, but I do clean but what can i do, Volume is too high now days ;) so fills up real quick :p, if u are in hurrey u may use my Yahoo IM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom