Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
@Choto Cheeta
guys sorry for being OT

as vista is eating up my system:mad:, i am thinking of getting a video card to boost it up:D :D
preferably a 8500GT 256mb ddr2....

from xfx i have zeroed in 8500GT 256 DDR2 HDCP 500/667 PV-T86J-UAHG .... *www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...ce™+8500&productConfigurationId=1385650

now as this is a silent version, i was just thinking whether it has some overheating issues or not:confused: any experience with xfx silent versions:confused:

btw.i would also look in some HDCP capable leadtek & gigabyte cards if im able to find them in NP;)

btw. have a happy new year:D ;)

thanks
vivek

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Wht might b da curent price in da market?

U can go for a used processor, and it will be available for some decent price!

@Choto Cheeta
guys sorry for being OT

as vista is eating up my system:mad:, i am thinking of getting a video card to boost it up:D :D
preferably a 8500GT 256mb ddr2....

from xfx i have zeroed in 8500GT 256 DDR2 HDCP 500/667 PV-T86J-UAHG .... *www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...ce™+8500&productConfigurationId=1385650

now as this is a silent version, i was just thinking whether it has some overheating issues or not:confused: any experience with xfx silent versions:confused:

btw.i would also look in some HDCP capable leadtek & gigabyte cards if im able to find them in NP;)

btw. have a happy new year:D ;)

thanks
vivek

Yeah 8600 GT is good option but keep in mind that it should be DDR3 version and check that the XFX model u are buying doesn't have heating issues!
I guess the UDF7 has heating problems!

Last edited:

go4saket

Brought a 19" (4:3) Viewsonic VX922 (2MS G2G response rate). Seems to be absolutely stunning, although found 1 bad pixel. Altogether, brilliant. Will post in my comments after a few days of usage.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Brought a 19" (4:3) Viewsonic VX922 (2MS G2G response rate). Seems to be absolutely stunning, although found 1 bad pixel. Altogether, brilliant. Will post in my comments after a few days of usage.

Cost? (or was it free of cost?)
Also date of mfg?

Pathik

Google Bot
Yeah 8600 GT is good option but keep in mind that it should be DDR3 version and check that the XFX model u are buying doesn't have heating issues!
I guess the UDF7 has heating problems!
The udf3 had serious heating issues..
the udf7 was released later and doesnt hav any.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^but der is still confusion.....some say its udf7 as having problem and others as udf3......so i bought asus but my friend needs one frm xfx,so which one?

go4saket

Cost? (or was it free of cost?)
Also date of mfg?

I got it for 11.1K home delevered in Mumbai from itwares.com. This model wasnt available anywhere else, so had to hunt a lot and finally got the best quote from Itwares people.

How do I check the date of manufacturing?

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
thanks for ur inputs guys:)

actually i don't intend any sort of gaming,so 8500GT 256 DDR2 seems to be a better product for me

except for gaming horsepower 8600GT is no brainer over 8500GT as currently cards 8600GTS onwards seem to be capable of doing after processing effects in h.264 decode acceleration:mad:

my question is :any sort of overheating issues with silent PV-T86J-UAHG ?? anyone??

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vivek yaar, unless you live in a AC roo or have a 120 mm fan, dont go for FAN less ones :( they get too hot, cant say about other brands but XFX ones do get too hot...

now coming back to the product, why would u want to spend extra 1k if the reason is just running vista of run apps or may be better result with riping and video encoding...

I would vote for 8400GS over 8500 as 8400GS really a vaule for money :)

thank you...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I got it for 11.1K home delevered in Mumbai from itwares.com. This model wasnt available anywhere else, so had to hunt a lot and finally got the best quote from Itwares people.

How do I check the date of manufacturing?

It will be there on the carton along with the serial no., month of import etc. BTW, dont lose the sl. no. since it will be required in case of any need for RMA. (Sl. No. should also be on a small sticker behind the monitor)

I asked about the date/month of mfg. because the later ones seem to have better quality and less problems. Mine bought during 10/2006 developed display problems during 6/2007 and it was replaced by a later model which also developed similar problems two months later and after RMA I got another one manufactured in July which seems to have better build quality and so far is is working fine. The present one or earlier ones didn't have either dead or stuck pixels. And as you mentioned, the overall display quality is very good.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wht is the price of 3200+

Wht is the ghz of 3200+
The clock frequency of AMD Athlon 64 3200+ is 2.0 Ghz not 2.2 Ghz as told by Umedra_GP. You can get it around Rs.2900. Go here *www.theitwares.com/processors/processors.htm and look at the bottom.

upendra_gp

In the zone
The clock frequency of AMD Athlon 64 3200+ is 2.0 Ghz not 2.2 Ghz as told by Umedra_GP. You can get it around Rs.2900. Go here *www.theitwares.com/processors/processors.htm and look at the bottom.
he wants AMD 3200+ XP and ir is 2.2Ghz friend.
check out here
*www.tomshardware.com/2003/05/13/high/
And please help me people. Is Acer 19" 16:10 TFT good?
And wish u all Happy New Year!!!

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
everyone thanks for ur suggestions:)

would try to stay away from xfx silent versions:p

8400GS is basically a 8500GT minus half the memory bandwidth plus a turbocache.......as far as my understanding is concerned turbocache,hypermemory or anything with shared memory sometimes screws up system performance

with current drivers 8400GS seems to be a loser for HD movies.....
here is a good page of this review

thanks everyone

And please help me people. Is Acer 19" 16:10 TFT good?

whats your budget.......???

btw. acer TFT's are crap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom