Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

saisrikar

Broken In
Hey Guys ,
Need a Config for a budget of ~30K without a Monitor and Graphic Card ( as i have a 22" viewsonic and a Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB and also a dell 19" screen and 8600GT 1 GB , i can pair it up with either of the Combo).
I need the system basically for gaming and Need help as i'm totally confused about which processor im supposed to go for. ( Prefer C2D Extreme and C2Quad )
Will be buying from bangalore so need to know the places where i can get good buys. Would be thankful if people from bangalore help me out in this front.

Thanks

acewin

Point Blanc
i also purchased Mikrotek Ups 800 vA
but when the current goes my computer shuts down..
after 1 min the ups coming to life..
suggest a good UPS ..
it is very urgent..
thanks..

do you have any warranty get it repaired or replaced if you got.
Otherwise buy APC nothing is better than APC.

I got a bloody Intex 600VA one now(pretty cheap I know) just gives me time to shutdown LOL.
Have used HP 800VA and Microtek 1KVA, both gave good performance.
I used to run my wireless router or ADSL model for internet with HP one when electricity went of, ran for good long 30 mins and more.
for the system it gave almost 15-20 mins of time which is quiet good.

Microtek one is with my friend, do not know its performance very much but my frn says its quiet good keeps the system on around 20 mins when electricity is gone.

APC 650VA is good will give you almost 5-8 mins for very heavy config systems, otherwise 15-20 mins pretty easily for P4 and low end Dual core and C2D configs. UPS is just for stopping any abrupt power shutdown of your system, hence you do not need very high VA UPS.

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
hey hi!!!!!
guys i need a good gaming/entertainment PC for budget around 30000 bucks.......
i need an LCD 17" monitor.....HD not less than 160GB 80GB will also be fine....
UPS no need i've one....LG DVD-RW is compulsory....speakers 2.1 is fine....Proccy must be INTEL.....i need good graphics card.....ATI or NVIDIA...ram of 2GB...the mobo must have an inbuilt graphics card.....thats it!!!!!!.....urgent config needed!!!!!!!

acewin

Point Blanc
easy job rahul.
Proccy E7400/E5200(6/3.5 K)
mobo MSI P45 Neo-F(no-onboard gfx, why buy nything like that just to keep your price high) or P43 Neo-F
Sapphire 512MB HD4770/Palit 9800GT 1GB sonic(7-8K) or palit 9600GT sonic 5.3-5.5K
LG burner 1.1K
dell samsung 19 inch widescreen monitor 7.2-7.5K
Any good company for RAM stick 2GB DDR2 800 FSB 1.2-1.5K
altec lansing Speaker BXR1121 1.3K
PSU Corsair cx400 or VX450 3/3.8K

acewin

Point Blanc
Hey Guys ,
Need a Config for a budget of ~30K without a Monitor and Graphic Card ( as i have a 22" viewsonic and a Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB and also a dell 19" screen and 8600GT 1 GB , i can pair it up with either of the Combo).
I need the system basically for gaming and Need help as i'm totally confused about which processor im supposed to go for. ( Prefer C2D Extreme and C2Quad )
Will be buying from bangalore so need to know the places where i can get good buys. Would be thankful if people from bangalore help me out in this front.

Thanks

buy a phenom 2 based config best suited in your budget.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for that. currently using those. Amazing sound for money :p For listening music it just rocks

prvprv

Journeyman
hi i want to buy a new 18.5" or 19" wide LCD monitor. Till now im using 15" CRT monitor.

I usually watch movies ripped by axxo, fxg, fxm etc. Those are normally of around 664 * 360 resolution.

Will there be any differece in quality in these wide monitors??

can i go with Wide LCD monitor or normal CRT monitor??

hi i want to buy a new 18.5" or 19" wide LCD monitor. Till now im using 15" CRT monitor.

I usually watch movies ripped by axxo, fxg, fxm etc. Those are normally of around 664 * 360 resolution.

Will there be any differece in quality in these wide monitors??

can i go with Wide LCD monitor or normal CRT monitor??

recentle i purchase LG 18.5" Wide LCD monitor having model no. W1943S for 7.2K bucks. It is good in every aspect u can also search is features on the net.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^That's a good monitor but you can search about features of the almost all of the branded tft monitors model on the net. So how come it can be feature :confused:

@ prvprv - your query is already answered in here.
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3584&page=156

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
check out the samsung 2033 ...its a 20inch monitor at 7.9K ....good brightness and quality, no blurring and great looks ...the only downside is that its stand does not seem to be too stable ....worth checking out

ashwin.isaac

Broken In
Monitor + tuner card

Hi all,
Am planning to assemble a new system in a couple of weeks. Basic use would be to surf d net, movies nd a lil bit of gaming. And it'l also double up as my television.
My concern is the choice of monitor and the tuner card.
i have d following options
-going for an tuner card. but am not sure of the clarity with the card. dats a bit of concern i believe. plus i wuld hav to turn on the computer to view d tv. does any external cards come with the option of direct connectivity to monitor??
-or The new lg monitor with the built in tuner LG M197WA.

the budget for this(monitor + card) wuld be 11k. can u suggest somethin in that range. or ay other better options?

ashwin.isaac

Broken In
Monitor + tuner card

Thanks.. I too did some research nd saw that most external cards come with usb connectivity. Thats y i was jus sceptical.. I would like to completely eliminate d pc part of it. Nd i dont want to record from tv. I also found out that you get standalone tv tuner kits. What do you suggest.. That i go for d standalone one or a normal tuner with VGA out or d lg monitor with tv..?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom