Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
I know that. Just looking for suggestions.

prices will keep coming down and if u are planning to buy it in october ...i would suggest u can go for even core2quad....and better graphics card if u want to stick with nvidia perhaps a gtx260 as its now available@ about ~18k ...just keep a close look for prices ...don't know about kolkata but this is the website which keeps updated most regularly ....

*deltapage.com/

and u can rest assured prices will be + or - 100 to 300 rupees whats stated here ...so u can plan accordingly ....

as u are going for higher end system i think u should consider buying a MSI P45 neo @ 6.3k and will keep coming down ....so actually by october u could be looking for much higher system ..if u choose wisely and keep ur eyes open ...

tkin

Back to school!!
prices will keep coming down and if u are planning to buy it in october ...i would suggest u can go for even core2quad....and better graphics card if u want to stick with nvidia perhaps a gtx260 as its now available@ about ~18k ...just keep a close look for prices ...don't know about kolkata but this is the website which keeps updated most regularly ....

*deltapage.com/

and u can rest assured prices will be + or - 100 to 300 rupees whats stated here ...so u can plan accordingly ....

as u are going for higher end system i think u should consider buying a MSI P45 neo @ 6.3k and will keep coming down ....so actually by october u could be looking for much higher system ..if u choose wisely and keep ur eyes open ...
You must mean the C2Q Q9xxx ones as the Q6600 is already at 8.5k.
And about GTX260 which brand are you talking about? Most brands I know are still at 25k.:(
And as for Deltapage no gfx card links.This site lists gfx cards though-
*priceguru.in/

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
And about GTX260 which brand are you talking about? Most brands I know are still at 25k.:(
*priceguru.in/

he must be talking about ZOTAC...they have fab rates...
jus check out www.lynx-india.com :)

rishabh_s

Broken In
i need a laptop mainly for office work - internet,emails,word,excel etc.
budget upto 55k.
Pls suggest
also if possible give the prices in Jaipur

imgame2

Padawan
*priceguru.in/

yes i was talking about Q9xxx series cos intel was supposed to launch Nehalem in september ...if i m not wrong...that will push the prices of Q9xxx model lower.

and i was talking about Zotac models,tirupati can get it for u... when i asked them they said its not available right now but will be available soon ...though they said they have evga models ..and they will obviously be costlier ...and every 15 days prices are going down for both ati Hd 4800 series and nvidia 2xx gtx series...and if nvidia wants to sale any of those 260 chips they better get the price down cos hd4870 is available at 17.5k ...October is one and half months to go ..i m sure lots of prices will come down for both models.

utsav

damn busy...
budget upto 55k.
Pls suggest

even a 20k laptop is enough for ur needs. If u wanna spend 55 k then go for Dell XPS M1530 :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
budget upto 55k.
Pls suggest

You dont need to spend that much. Spend 42k and get the Dell Inspiron 1525. One the best VFM laptops in the market now. Coming to prices, Dell's prices are same nation wide :).

budget upto 55k.
Pls suggest
Office work ?
You don't need to buy an expensive laptop for that. Acer Aspire 4520 would do the job beautifully for you and its just 25K-29K. Its dual core with 1GB RAM and nVidia 7000m graphics.

But even a 20K celeron laptop would do what you want.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
MetaheadGautham said:
even a 20k laptop is enough for ur needs.
Im looking for something of the sort. Something thats a full fledged lappy and not a netbook-ebook kind. Can you enumerate some? :neutral:

Guys here's my question.
Where I stay, we get Samsung LCD monitors only. We do get other brands but the samsung one has service center here. So my choice is limited to Samsung.
I want a 19" widescreen monitor.
When I went to check out, the 19" monitor available was Samsung 920NW (D-Sub) only.
I wanted to buy Samsung 953BW(DVI-D and D-Sub both). I have to wait for more than a week to get what I want. But I want it immediately as my old CRT has gone kaput.
If I buy Samsung 920NW; which only has analog VGA(D-Sub) input; what exactly am I losing?

My usage is;
Intenet, Word Processing (Text Quality is a must)
DVDs and 720p Videos
Bit of gaming; FIFA/PES and racing sims; if that helps. :)

Urgent, have to buy it today or till tommorow...

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
If I buy Samsung 920NW; which only has analog VGA(D-Sub) input; what exactly am I losing?

In case of 1440x900 unless and untill you play some true HD you wont make out the difference, when you do you may find the response time and well as quality is better in case of DVI-D interface compare to analog.... But then again you need to have a good graphics card also to make out this difference (8600 GT at-least)

SAMSUNG is fine, only problem is their cost : performance ratio, as under that budget many better displays are available, infact one may get a dell too :lol:

But as you prefer samsung, stick with it, SAMSUNG never had much of performance issue, its just the performance : Price ratio is really high compare to other brands :)

prvprv

Journeyman
All recent motherboards support upto 2 IDE devices only.:(
How to connect more IDE devices to these mobos?? ?:confused:
Please help me :!: Wat abt IDE to sata Converters??? any idea?

chotocheeta...welcom back :).. where hav u been all these days?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
In case of 1440x900 unless and untill you play some true HD you wont make out the difference, when you do you may find the response time and well as quality is better in case of DVI-D interface compare to analog.... But then again you need to have a good graphics card also to make out this difference (8600 GT at-least)

SAMSUNG is fine, only problem is their cost : performance ratio, as under that budget many better displays are available, infact one may get a dell too :lol:

But as you prefer samsung, stick with it, SAMSUNG never had much of performance issue, its just the performance : Price ratio is really high compare to other brands :)

zOMG Choto Cheeta :shock: after such a long time :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
prvprv said:
How to connect more IDE devices to these mobos??

There are Rs. 150/- internal IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE converters available, so incase of HDD / Optical driver either use internal converters or you may use external USD casings also !!!

But the questions, is 1 IDE port would allow you to use 2 optical drive so why would you need to use more than 2 optical drives ??

Intel Celeron 200Mhz | MSI P45 Neo | 2x8MB RAM | 20GB HDD | Floppy Drive | 10" CRT cum LCD | Riva TNT 16MB gfx card | Logitech Z5500d speakers || Crysis @ 1920x1080 with Ultra @ 100FPS average.

great Siggy by the way :lol:

prvprv

Journeyman
But the questions, is 1 IDE port would allow you to use 2 optical drive so why would you need to use more than 2 optical drives ??

The problem is I have one IDE HDD and one DVD writer
I want to connect them using two different channels as connecting them with a single data cable wil slow down their performance.
So I wil go for those IDE to SATA converters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom