Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
KPower Mania where did U get those smileys.... they are awesome

UniSmileys :)

Goto chit-chat, there is a thread based on this. You will find the link and the info to download and install this smileys *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/100large.png

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
wat ru saying giga 780G mobo has 7600GT chipset...:(

I was just comparing. Try to comprehend my post correctly. Dont confuse yourself. I was comparing the onboard GPU of 780G with 7600GT. 780G is from AMD/ATI then why the heck would they use a 7600GT from NVIDIA as its onboard GPU :| *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/71large.png

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I was just comparing. Try to comprehend my post correctly. Dont confuse yourself. I was comparing the onboard GPU of 780G with 7600GT. 780G is from AMD/ATI then why the heck would they use a 7600GT from NVIDIA as its onboard GPU :|

no man but i didnt mean a comparison 4 my config..just wanna know how powerfull is the onloard chipset is when coupled with phenom X3 :rolleyes:..which latest games can it run perfectly dats it...;-)

PS: can u pls reduce the size of those smileys....:(...they look ugly

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
no man but i didnt mean a comparison 4 my config..just wanna know how powerfull is the onloard chipset is when coupled with phenom X3 :rolleyes:..which latest games can it run perfectly dats it...;-)

PS: can u pls reduce the size of those smileys....:(...they look ugly

Well you cant play some games like COD4 because they check your system specs and wont launch if you dont have one the supported chipsets. Onboards arent supported by much games. But the 780G is quite powerful to handle new games at low and at 800x600 or even 1024x768. You cant go wrong with that mobo. But, you will have to wait till you are able to play all the games at high eye-candy *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/72.png

^^Wrong. 780G has one of the best onboard solutions ever. Meaning that it CAN run CoD4. At low to medium settings. Crysis always only looooow settings. :p

Thats why it became popular as the best chipsetfor casual gamers.

rahul777

Broken In
Hi,
I am in Lucknow and want to purchase a Desktop (including UPS) within a budget of Rs.26000/-. I intend to use it for general office work and multimedia. I tend to read a lot of e books net posts etc., therefore, TFT monitor is a must. I have initialy thought regarding the following configuration but with some doubts still in mind:
AMD X2 4850e (but unsure about availability and correct price).
Gigabyte 780G (again there is some doubt reg. heating issue and confusion regarding exact model no. and how to find the revision no. (?)
Pl. inform which monitor would cause the least eye strain for continuous viewing?

Do I need some special cooling devises with the above noted configuration?
:confused:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Wrong. 780G has one of the best onboard solutions ever. Meaning that it CAN run CoD4. At low to medium settings. Crysis always only looooow settings. :p

Thats why it became popular as the best chipsetfor casual gamers.

Read my post carefully :|. I said it CAN run but wont run because COD4 dosent support it :)(). It only runs on the card which are there in the supported list (which gets updated). No onboards there. So it wont run. But the 780G has the power to run it.

Hi,
I am in Lucknow and want to purchase a Desktop (including UPS) within a budget of Rs.26000/-. I intend to use it for general office work and multimedia. I tend to read a lot of e books net posts etc., therefore, TFT monitor is a must. I have initialy thought regarding the following configuration but with some doubts still in mind:
Gigabyte 780G (again there is some doubt reg. heating issue and confusion regarding exact model no. and how to find the revision no. (?)
Pl. inform which monitor would cause the least eye strain for continuous viewing?

:confused:

No, you dont need eXtra cooling :D.

You can get the config you mentioned. Its nice and will suffice

I will suggest some.--

AMD--

AMD X2 4850e
Gigabyte 780G mobo
1x2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
160GB HDD (Seagate/WD/Hitachi)
LiteOn LH20A1h DVD writter
Zebronics Krish cabby
Antec 400W PSU
A good 17" TFT LCD. I suggest you look at the Samsung models here.
Logitech/Microsoft/iBall/Odeyssey multimedia kbd+mouse
Creative SBS 245 Speakers

This will cost around 25k.

Intel --

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
XFX 630i mobo
1x2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
160GB HDD (Seagate/WD/Hitachi)
LiteOn LH20A1h DVD writter
Zebronics Krish cabby
Antec 400W PSU
A good 17" TFT LCD. I suggest you look at the Samsung models here.
Logitech/Microsoft/iBall/Odeyssey multimedia kbd+mouse
Creative SBS 245 Speakers

The cost will be the same as AMD (around 25k).

Both are good. The first provides a better mobo while the second one has a lower performing mobo with a more powerful processor then the above one. Now its upto you. :)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

@Kpower mania: if i use C2D E7200 + EVGA 630i mobo ....will its IGP runs COD4
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/24.png

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Now I also need help. I OC'd my card and its running hot. I need a cooler for my CPU and GPU. Both should be different coolers :D. I had a Thermaltake BigWater SE but its gone kaput. My combined budget for CPU+GPU cooler is 3.5k. It can be any type of cooling solution (thermal paste, fan, water cooling, heatsink,etc).

@Kpower mania: if i use C2D E7200 + EVGA 630i mobo ....will its IGP runs COD4
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/24.png

No IGPs supported :).

Last edited:

Zangetsu

^ then 780G is really powerfull to run COD4 *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/59.png
Btw: how 2 increase these smileys sizes ^

utsav

damn busy...
Now I also need help. I OC'd my card and its running hot. I need a cooler for my CPU and GPU. Both should be different coolers :D. I had a Thermaltake BigWater SE but its gone kaput. My combined budget for CPU+GPU cooler is 3.5k. It can be any type of cooling solution (thermal paste, fan, water cooling, heatsink,etc).

No IGPs supported :).

lool. I oced my 8800gt just for testing to 750/1800/1975 and it runs below 60degrees at loads :D ocing the ram more gives artefacts .

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^ then 780G is really powerfull to run COD4 *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/59.png
Btw: how 2 increase these smileys sizes ^

Easy, open that UniSmieys Menu > Code > Size+ (click once to increase and again to get the normal size back).

:D

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/20large.png

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Hi,

Me too from Lucknow. :D
The price here is on the higher side.
The config KPower Mania mentioned isn't up for grab here.:(

I suggest ...(The ones which perform well and easily available)
Intel C2D E4500
Intel 945 Chipset.
1*2GB RAM @ 667 MHz
LiteON/Samsung DVD Writer.
250GB Seagate HDD (Its pretty cheap now)
At least 19" LCD .

@ OFFTOPIC ...
This is soon becoming show your UniSmileys thread.*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/10.png

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm planning to get the following system coming october.Could anyone suggest the Indian prices?
1.Intel C2D E8400
2.Intel DP35DP
3.2x2GB Kingston Ram(800Mhz,DDR2)
4.XFX 9800GTX/GTX+
5.Seagate 500GB Hard Drive
6.Corsair 620W P.S.U(CMPSU 620HX)
7.LG 20x SATA DVD Writer
8.Cooler Master Centurian 534+ Cabinet
9.Altec Lansing VS2421 2.1ch Speaker
10.APC 650va U.P.S

P.S-I live in Kolkata.So Kolkata prices and a few shop names would be nice.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I'm planning to get the following system coming october.Could anyone suggest the Indian prices?
1.Intel C2D E8400
2.Intel DP35DP
4.XFX 9800GTX/GTX+
7.LG 20x SATA DVD Writer
10.APC 650va U.P.S

1.Intel C2D E8400 @ 7.9K
2.Intel DP35DP @ 5.7K
3.2x2GB Kingston Ram(800Mhz,DDR2) @ 3.7K
4.XFX 9800GTX/GTX+ @ 19K
5.Seagate 500GB Hard Drive @ 3.9K ..... Better buy WD 640 GB priced @ 3.6k
6.Corsair 620W P.S.U(CMPSU 620HX) @ 6k
7.LG 20x SATA DVD Writer @ 1.3k
8.Cooler Master Centurian 534+ Cabinet @ 3.1k
9.Altec Lansing VS2421 2.1ch Speaker @ 2.2k
10.APC 650va U.P.S @ 3.2k

tkin

Back to school!!
1.Intel C2D E8400 @ 7.9K
2.Intel DP35DP @ 5.7K
3.2x2GB Kingston Ram(800Mhz,DDR2) @ 3.7K
4.XFX 9800GTX/GTX+ @ 19K
5.Seagate 500GB Hard Drive @ 3.9K ..... Better buy WD 640 GB priced @ 3.6k
6.Corsair 620W P.S.U(CMPSU 620HX) @ 6k
7.LG 20x SATA DVD Writer @ 1.3k
8.Cooler Master Centurian 534+ Cabinet @ 3.1k
9.Altec Lansing VS2421 2.1ch Speaker @ 2.2k
10.APC 650va U.P.S @ 3.2k
Thanks a lot.:):)

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
^^
Since I dont live in Kolkata .. Cant tell the shops .. :(
U cant contact local dealers .. Prices will vary the most by 100-200Rs.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
1.Intel C2D E8400
2.Intel DP35DP
4.XFX 9800GTX/GTX+
7.LG 20x SATA DVD Writer
10.APC 650va U.P.S

An astroleger will be able to better predict the October prices, than any of the members here!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom