Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

nil1982

what is its cost??
DELL website price is Rs.9200. I got it here in Kolkata locally for Rs.9000+tax i.e. Rs.9360.
Also add a good PSU in your config. One of the cheapest (but good) option is Zebronics platinum 500 Watts for Rs.1800 + Tax (Kolkata price).

Last edited:

niladrisde

Dhishum
Hi,

I am planning to configure a new PC with ASUS M2A-VM motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ processor, and 1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM. I am planning to install Vista Ultimate on this, and use this PC for Graphic Design etc. (Photoshop and CorelDraw mainly).

Can anyone please tell me, if M2A-VM would support DirectX10, which I believe is needed for running Vista?

Also, I chose this configuration, because of my limited budget (around 22k for the box with 17" LCD monitor, local UPS, and a wireless card). But keeping in mind the software requirements (Vista/Photoshop/CorelDRAW), do you think this configuration is OK? (I am not looking to play games or do any CAD design). If you think it isn't OK, can you please suggest any other configuration?

Thanks a lot in advance, and apologize for sounding naive...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^ M2A-VM has 690G chipset with X1250 IGP, it does not hav DX10 but u can run Vista with Aero interface without any hiccups.

But I recommend 2GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM or 2*1GB DDR2 667MHz for ur gfx designing jobs.....otherwise Vista will lag a lot.

fragrant

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I want to buy a new comp. Plz help me select the components.
I want a AMD x2 proc, 4 gb ram, any decent m0b0, no gpu, and a smps.
Help me choose these. And the latest prices also.

The VERY FIRST post by ChotoCheetah is very good one and informative

for ppl like above post- new PC config, that post can be guideline of what can be good options under which budget etc.

ChotoCheetah - any updates to that post ? any recent updates to parts?
or prices ?

All others - what u think of that 60 K Rs. high-end gaming/media center config? U ppl have any other alternatives to that? or some changes?

and one more thing - PLEASE tell me what is SLI ? and we need twins of
RAM chips or others cards or both - pls explain or give links to details. Ty:)

niladrisde

Dhishum
^^ M2A-VM has 690G chipset with X1250 IGP, it does not hav DX10 but u can run Vista with Aero interface without any hiccups.

But I recommend 2GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM or 2*1GB DDR2 667MHz for ur gfx designing jobs.....otherwise Vista will lag a lot.

Thanks a lot for the help. Sorry for the delay in response :p, I didn't check it earlier.

I need advise on one more problem. I am doing some DirectX game programming in parallel. Till now, using DirectX 9. However, will have to test (& tweak) my code in DirectX 10. Hence, I'll need one machine with DirectX 10. Any suggestion for the config (in lowest budget of course :()?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

shivamamin

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am from Mumbai and I want to assemble a computer for myself. My budget is 25 K which should include a 19" LCD Monitor (View Sonic) which will cost 9000 rupees so we have 16 K for the computer. I prefer an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and 2 GB RAM. Is the Intel DG33PR MOBO good or is there a better MoBo instead?? I will use the computer mainly for internet, making programs on C++, VB and I might use CorelDraw. Please suggest a suitable config in my budget.

Thanks in Advance

stunnerz

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to buy a cpu,my budget is 15000Rs.i want an amd processor.plz suggest a mother board with on board graphics card,sata hdd,dvd writer,1 GB RAM,CABINET..ETC.I WOULD USE MAINLY FOR WATCHIN MOVIES ,DOWNLOADS,A LITTLE GAMING...GUYZZ PLZ HELP ME

yash2006

Everything is possible
hi guys , i'm planning to buy new system for me. please suggest pc configuration for me under Rs25,000 to 30,000 (excluding mobo and graphic card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom