Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
that site has some issue , otherwise MSI boards support Sli in vista..Since its Nvidia's chipsets , MSI has nothing to do with it..this point was useful 1 yr back when there were no drivers for Sli in vista..
my frnd is running 8800GT OC Sli in Vista on this board

And regarding third point-- From my own experience Nvidia chipsets are not so friendly with more than 3gb of Dynet \ Simmtronics rams.but you wont have a problem since u r not buying them

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Hi guies,
I want to buy a new sata Harddrive 4 My PC. I have intel 865 MB.is sata 2.0 H.D.D. works well with my PC?????*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/76.gif
what is Gaming Raptor H.D.D. introduce By Western Digital. What was the cost for 160 G.B. or 250 G.B.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/06a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/06a.gif

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
P7N SLI runs SLI in x8x8 and besides its just max. 1-2 months left when INTEL will launch its P45 and X48 chipsets. So its worth waiting.

No need for Raptor dude since its expensive and now days almost all HDD performs almost same as Raptor. Get a 16MB Cache HDD and it will do its best.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
some pages back i posted some links for that board's performance which clearly show that 8X bandwidth does not have any effect on gaming performance.and no card utilises full bandwidth.this board beats 780i in overclocking.gotta see its comparison with 790i.i'm sure it wont do that good but lets see how close it is

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Hi guies,
I want to buy a new sata Harddrive 4 My PC. I have intel 865 MB.is sata 2.0 H.D.D. works well with my PC?????*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/76.gif
what is . intGaming Raptor H.D.Droduce By Western Digital. What was the cost for 160 G.B. or 250 G.B.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/06a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/06a.gif

I think even Western Digital is not aware of of Gaming raptor @ 1602/250GB. May be I am wrong.;)

sivarap

In the zone
I've decided on the following.
Core2 duo 2.2ghz E4500 ----- 4600
XFX 630i 7100 ---- 3600
1GB single stick ddr2 ram ----- 900
160gb sata ---- ??
cabinet ----- 950
Logitec keyboard&mouse --- 550

Which brand/model of Harddisk and ram to buy?
Is the motherboard mentioned capable of handling 8800GT in the future?
I am going fo the onboard gfx because of the budget constraint...I want to upgrade my gfx later.

Comments please.

Renny

Padawan
I am going fo the onboard gfx because of the budget constraint...I want to upgrade my gfx later.

Comments please.

The mobo u mentioned does'nt support Dual channel memory,

Go for the Intel DG33FB if u cant buy a GPU,

If u r gonna buy a GPU go for Abit IP35-E.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
I've decided on the following.
Core2 duo 2.2ghz E4500 ----- 4600
XFX 630i 7100 ---- 3600
1GB single stick ddr2 ram ----- 900
160gb sata ---- ??
cabinet ----- 950
Logitec keyboard&mouse --- 550

Comments please.

My suggestion for this is go for a good quality board like A-bit IP-35-E or Biostar TP-35D2 and E2160. Overclock it and get the best out of best.
As far as the display related, u can buy any used PCI-E, cheapest available external graphics card. With this u can also wait for ur graphics card upgrade and u will have the best of the best config. with u!
And yes buy 800mhz RAM not the 667mhz.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
see, most of the MSI cards are factory overclocked these days. this is same with many other companies. yep, its true that, one can go with vanilla 8800GT! However, eventually the need for O/Cing arises. and that is when, XFX cards scream for new coolers. Btw, even i am a secret admirer of XFX cards. However, the poor cooling units of XFX cards are making it difficult to hold! :p
Btw, darklord mentioned this Gigabyte 8800GT card..GV-NX88T512HP! From the reviews and its built...i am very impressed!! From the quality VRAM chips to aftermarket Zalman Cooling, the card packs punch. Now, if only its available at N.P. !! errr..one more thing, what was the price??

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ my point is only to clear the dilemma of XFX overheating.its not about performance.certainly if i were to buy 8800GT it would be MSI only.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi,
I have selected this as my mid-end gaming system

Intel C2D E8200:cool:
EVGA 112-CK-NF75-A1 or EVGA 112-CK-NF77-A1 (1333MHz FSB):rolleyes:
RAM : Kingston 2GB 800MHz :cool:
500Watt PSU
----------------------

I'll add a GCard l8r :grin: Is the above mobo supports latest Cards as I have in mind EVGA 9600GT or XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition(or shud I go 4 MSI/eVGA:confused:)

the reason I've chosen EVGA coz as I'll use onboard grphcs & it has
7100/7150 chipset which is enough 4 onboard gaming 4 time being:cool:

I m bored of Intel Graphics chipset dats y chosen Nvidia Chipset....
& Is the PSU ok 4 GCard as I dont wanna OC...but wud buy a OC card
later
Wud the above setup will come under 9k
What do u think guys....:grin:

uday9484

Broken In
hi to all forum members this is uday from HYD
i want to upgrade pc(cpu,MB,RAM,gfx)
As i was midcore gamer i don’t need all that pixel monsters because I was using my old 15” monitor that wont be upgraded right now.
I will be satisfied playing games at low resolution as possible.
So my budget is ~25k I know it is low but don’t want to compromise on all parts rather compromising on some of parts which can upgrade later on
So firstly motherboard this part won’t be compromised at any cost
The requirements are: should be futuristic ie support of pci-e 2.0(right now not going 2.0 gfx card) and all latest cpu’s
And don’t need any sli or crossfire support as well
And reading all ur reviews in this forum I shootout some mobo’s
XFX 650i, Asus p5k, msi p35 platinum, Abit ip35 pro or E and my query is does all this support pci-e 2.0 are not!
And what about next gen chips x38 x48 750i does all this comes in my bracket!

And for gfx I was very satisfied by XFX 8600GT or Asus 8600GT(at least for my req)
My query is: Is it wise to go for new one or second hand for above gfx cards
Because they are a bit old in accordance with market

And lastly cpu: u guys can give me the one which will fit in this budget.

Thanks for all u r valuable suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom