Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
What ?? so much problem for one PSU ??

Listen Guys, the default one which will come with local made cabi will be more than enough to RUN up to any Modarate config without GRFX card and single HDD + DVD RW and no OC...

when u plan to add 2 or more HDD and one card like 8400 GS with some oc of procy like E6750 with 4 gigs of RAM, u need SMPS like ColorSit 500 watts, comes around Rs. 1600 to Rs. 1800.

Well thats not a brand which is avilable all over India, I buy it from Kolkata..., so can go for Zebronics or such under Rs. 2k for 550 or 500 watts for that avobe confir...

now if u want to run 4 320 GB HDD with 2 or more Optical Drives, use all USB connections, run high performance RAMs and 4 gigs of it, and OC procy like E6750 or Q6600 with High end mobo and use Coolers like ThermalRight Ultra 120, think of PSU like Cooler Master 600 watts Extreme or more, Rs. 4k

now if u have a too much of Mooding in ur Cabi, i would say use 2 SMPS rather than gooing for more Higher 700 watts ones :p

Problem is the local SMPS would say 400 watts or 450 watts but in actual picture they provide 250 or MAX 300 :p

See, if u use a UPS such as APC which comes with software like PowerChute, that will give u an idea about what exact is the power provided to ur CPU :p

Hope this would help...

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
cynosure said:
@Other people: Shouldnt we recommand an AMD coz Asus M2N has a better gfx card than intel? It might save a bit of money too?

Actually.....NO.
The reason is there is hardly a graphics performance difference as compared to processors performance.
I mean if some one is having a budget for say 10K for processor & motherboard then i will suggest him E2140+650i+any GPU....rather than a good onboard display.

A 6200 gives much better graphics than any onboard display & it is almost under 2K.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
To get an idea about retail commputer hardware price in India you
can follow these websites :

*www.neotech-computers.com/
*theitwares.com/
*www.theitdepot.com/
*computerwarehousepricelist.com/
*www.deltapage.com

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
thanks a lot choto

i plan to use 4 GB RAM (initially 2GB later 4-6 GB) and a 2 fan cabinet 2 SATA hdd...No OC and 1 optical drive and also the cabinet should have 1 led fan atleast like zebronics bijli..so i guess i will have to go for a Zebronics 500 W @ 2k right ??

does these 1600-1800Rs PSUs have power supply cables to the GPU.....and is it necessary or compulsory to provide power to the GPU thru a connector frm SMPS ??

does techcomm also mislead ??
also what if i use the PSU which comes with zebronics ka bijli or antibiotic cabinet ?? they come with 400 Watts i guess..will they give full 400 W ??

local smps means what all smps ?? does it mean the techcomm one too which comes with the cabinet for 1.6k ??]
i plan to buy a new comp totally in jan 08 !! though my dad gave me the option to get it right nxt week..but i prefer to wait !!

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
aks_win said:
thanks a lot choto

i plan to use 4 GB RAM (initially 2GB later 4-6 GB) and a 2 fan cabinet 2 SATA hdd...No OC and 1 optical drive and also the cabinet should have 1 led fan atleast like zebronics bijli..so i guess i will have to go for a Zebronics 500 W @ 2k right ??

does these 1600-1800Rs PSUs have power supply cables to the GPU.....and is it necessary or compulsory to provide power to the GPU thru a connector frm SMPS ??
nope
btw for ur config as u dont have a gfx card also and also as u r not planning to oc then take the general ones.. u shd get a normal zebronics 500W at 650 bucks..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
nahi yaar.....i might add a gfx card later !!! that's why !!! i want it to be future proof.........i wont buy a new comp or upgrade (except gfx ) again for 5 years

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
aks_win said:
nahi yaar.....i might add a gfx card later !!! that's why !!! i want it to be future proof.........i wont buy a new comp or upgrade (except gfx ) again for 5 years

arre yaar,get the zeb 500w platinum psu fro arond 2k.....gr8 peace of mind8)....and if u really want all d hell of connectors....go for coolermaster xtreme power 500w @ 3.2k...gr8 deal!:)

amit_pune

Right off the assembly line
Choto Cheeta said:
Kick that 946 out :p

and 20k u may consider this, as gaming pc :p ...

E2140 @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX
XFX 650i Ultra @ Rs. 5000/- + TAX
XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX
2x1 (2) GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 3800/- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16MB @ Rs. 2700/- + TAX
Any Large Cabi with 450 watts @ Rs. 1500/- + TAX

whts this ..i asked some sellers and shops..
nobody knows ..XFX 650i Ultra..
where can i get it in pune?

Third Eye

gooby pls
Hey saurav

I am confused between 7600gt and 8600gt,the former is better in performance and the latter is DX 10 and How good is ASUS P5B Deluxe ?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
at this time, no point Buying 7600GT, always press for 8600GT :)

now for the mobo, really depends on the budget and rest of the config... P5B dlx is certainly a good mobo, but now there are other option too...

:)

Third Eye

gooby pls
1gb ddr2 ram
80gb hdd
xfx 8600gt256 mb
400 watt psu
P5B dlx motherboard
Intel p4 3.0 ghz( will soon get a E6700)

Pathik

Google Bot
@tech genius u ll need a higher psu for that config...
@sagar rather than a p5k vm u shd take the xfx 650i ultra+ a 2nd hand gfx card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom