Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
But his budget is only 7-8K. 5K for the card means only 3K for Mobo and Ram. And he has already opted for 2GB. Why add one more GB.

i think 7-8k is too low for a gaming rig upgrade.

i aksed him to dump the xfx mobo and ddr2 idea he had. i suggest keeping the same mobo,proccy . add some ram and buy 8600 for the same rig .

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
i aksed him to dump the xfx mobo and ddr2 idea he had. i suggest keeping the same mobo,proccy , add some ram and buy 8600 for the same rig .i think 7-8k is too low for a gaming rig upgrade.

That is true and the suggestion is good.
The confusion would not have occurred if the second sentence was given first.;)

J

joy.das.jd

Upgrade blues

I know the budget is very low for a gaming upgrade. But i need to upgrade the motherboard as i do not have a pci-express slot on my motherboard. Moreover i need to keep the processor till july only after which i will do a better upgrade of my computer.
The only thing that i have on my mind is that i do not have to invest in the motherboard again at that time. So i wanted a motherboard which has support for both the intel P4 and the C2D processors. I think the onboard graphics nvidia 7150 should be decent for some old dx9 games such as doom 3, GTA SA.

As for the jetaway [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]M2A692-GDG , I think it is for AMD[/FONT]. So no chance of getting it.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
but the xfx 630i has only single channel memory which will certainly affect ur performance later. i dont think its a wise choice to go4 630i now and then a g-card.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Choto, how is the combination of Core 2 Duo E2140/2160 with Intel DG33TL motherboard for home use? Performance wise is it equal to Athlon64 4200+ or less? Which would be a better buy

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@gx_saurav

On stock (default inter cooler), without any heat paste, in a close uATX cabinet XFX 630i 7150 can drive an E2140 at 2.2 GHz 24x7 stable on load :)

I know you may say, you dont like over clocking, but when its done right (very simple for a tech guy like u :D), u would like it better than any one :D

I agree with pathiks, as without OC E2140 isnt a good deal as the E2140 or such is hell of over clocker, better over clocker than C2Ds :D

Pathik

Google Bot
hey choto wen do we get the read the n200 review?? and for how much did ya get it??

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hey choto wen do we get the read the n200 review?? and for how much did ya get it??

I need little time to complete the review as I like to test all capabilites :D from all possible mean so that takes a little time :D

with 1 GB RAM its Rs. 30500/- incl all :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
@gx_saurav

On stock (default inter cooler), without any heat paste, in a close uATX cabinet XFX 630i 7150 can drive an E2140 at 2.2 GHz 24x7 stable on load :)

I know you may say, you dont like over clocking, but when its done right (very simple for a tech guy like u :D), u would like it better than any one :D

I agree with pathiks, as without OC E2140 isnt a good deal as the E2140 or such is hell of over clocker, better over clocker than C2Ds :D

I hope you meant with stock/default Intel TIM.

or without anything between the processor/heatspreader and HSF?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@gx_saurav

On stock (default inter cooler), without any heat paste, in a close uATX cabinet XFX 630i 7150 can drive an E2140 at 2.2 GHz 24x7 stable on load

Cool, means with my 450 W VIP SMPS, I can safely reach 2.2 GHz, not bad....i will over over clock :D

Any idea how much Asus P5K-VM costs?

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I hope you meant with stock/default Intel TIM.

or without anything between the processor/heatspreader and HSF?

Yes, Default Intel HSF... nothing extra used :)

Cool, means with my 450 W VIP SMPS, I can safely reach 2.2 GHz, not bad....i will over over clock

:D :D :D

GX said:
Any idea how much Asus P5K-VM costs?

8k without bargain in Kolkata :( way out of ur budget as far as I see :(, it would be better to buy IP35-E + 8400 GS than same priced P5K-VM :(

mehaman

Banned
how is xfx630i mobo?,what about india price?Is it a choice for a faster system?I mean I dont want gaming thing :p

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

read, this,

*www.chotocheeta.com/2008/01/20/qui...or-a-budget-yes-performance-quad-core-system/

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi guys....
Suggest me a good Motherboard comparable to AbiT IP35 Pro but has onboard gfx.
Budget till 13k.
Thanx.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I was in the market today to inquire about the price myself. I am getting Intel Pentium E2160 + Intel DG31PR motherboard for a combination price of Rs 6,400, is it worth it?

I may not be able to over clock, but that's not a necessity anyway. Intel DG31PR has most of things I need. It lacks Intel clear video technology but if I start to look at those things then it is better to buy a GeForce 8600 instead. I m not much into HD Movies, & GMA X3100 should suffice for my "OS only" needs. What say you guys?

One more thing, I am also buying a new Harddisk. 160 GB SATA 2.0 with 8 MB Buffer & 5 years warrenty, the brands are Seagete & Western Digital, which one to go for?

Last edited:

mehaman

Banned
@choto:well,Is this board(630i) available for buy online :? I asked dealers in coimbatore today,they dont have any idea :?

I was in the market today to inquire about the price myself. I am getting Intel Pentium E2160 + Intel DG31PR motherboard for a combination price of Rs 6,400, is it worth it?

I may not be able to over clock, but that's not a necessity anyway. Intel DG31PR has most of things I need. It lacks Intel clear video technology but if I start to look at those things then it is better to buy a GeForce 8600 instead. I m not much into HD Movies, & GMA X3100 should suffice for my "OS only" needs. What say you guys?
not worth it, as the mobo is rather expensive. I would suggest an AMD based solution instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.