Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@tech_lover

Hello, can you please brief us on the fact, that why are u in need of a external 3rd party CPU cooler ??

@dare_devil

Try for ABiT IP35-E and couple that with a XFX 8400 GS till u can get a better grfx card :) if not possible then I vote for XFX 630i 7150 :)

@GX

Bro, XFX 630i 7150 is Rs. 3450/- + TAX at Kolkata :) where as the processor E2140 is Rs. 2400/- + TAX :D (not there wont be any dual channel support for 630i 7150 :p)

tech_lover

Journeyman
@tech_lover

Hello, can you please brief us on the fact, that why are u in need of a external 3rd party CPU cooler ??

While playing cricket 2004 with billinear rendering on, PC conked off. Posted it on
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80652
Changing PSU brought it back to life. Started monitoring temperature as per amitash's advice
Motherboard: 36. I/O controller hub: 62 Memory Cont Hub: 67
Proccy: 33 Proccy Fan: 972 RPM
Machine is at complete idle state for 1/2 hour. Room temp is 22

But the processor temp rises to 57-60 while playing rise of nation within 10 mins. moreover got Corsair 450 PSU where the fan is facing down right at the Processor and there seems to be no fan at the back of the PSU. After putting Corsair with its thick covered wires, the Zebronics elegance has become crammed. There is no fan at the back though 2 side cooling fans are there. I am very worried that my 20 days old PC should not get spoiled.

Thanks
tech_lover

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
85c is tjnk temp with C2D models so I do think heating is the issue :( 60c is a quite safe !!!

as while over clocking we reach around 70 to 75c :lol: when we think of stoping our self :lol:
moreover got Corsair 450 PSU where the fan is facing down right at the Processor and there seems to be no fan at the back of the PSU. After putting Corsair with its thick covered wires, the Zebronics elegance has become crammed. There is no fan at the back though 2 side cooling fans are there. I am very worried that my 20 days old PC should not get spoiled.

hmm... add a FAN at back :) if its 120 mn would be around Rs. 150 where as if its the smaller ones then just Rs. 30 :lol: and make sure the side fans are working properlly taking air out from the cabinet :D

tech_lover

Journeyman
Thanks a lot Choto Cheeta and Pathik. Will get the 120mm fan. Will have to search more for the fan. Today didn't find it at MD, Eastern Logica, Velocity or Supreme.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
didn't find it at MD, Eastern Logica, Velocity or Supreme.

there is a alley just beside the extrance of E-Mall :) follow that deep in chandi :) there u get the cheap products when looking for fans and stuff like this :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@techloer:60c is nothing to worry about,it used to be my idle temp of both the cores of my c2d e6300 in summers.It used to touch 66-68 on load,but its been almost 1.5years and nothing has gone bad yet,so dont freak out.

If you are that paranoid then you can try applying arctic silver5,cpu coolers will be useless on stock settings.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Off Topic :lol: not to harm any one, its just to share idea :) that such a waste of money while buying a locked BIOS mobo with a C2D :( and Cooler Master 450 watts is not quite needed where u can Rs. 1500/- Zebronics 500 platinum :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^correctly said about the mobo part,c2d's are meant to be OC'ed.but I dont see any reason to overclock cos all my apps and games run just fine(cpu isn't the bottleneck yet).

tech_lover

Journeyman
there is a alley just beside the extrance of E-Mall :) follow that deep in chandi :) there u get the cheap products when looking for fans and stuff like this :D

Thanks Choto Cheeta. Will get it from there. I have one more query for you.
My friend wants to buy a quad. I have forwarded your specs from this thread. Where should he go? He wants to buy from distributors like Mobo and Corsair RAM from Tirupati, GPU from Rashi, PSU from ZEbronics etc. But he doesn't know how to put it together :D IS there any reliable place where he can take the stuff and who'll just assemble the PC?

@techloer:60c is nothing to worry about,it used to be my idle temp of both the cores of my c2d e6300 in summers.It used to touch 66-68 on load,but its been almost 1.5years and nothing has gone bad yet,so dont freak out.

If you are that paranoid then you can try applying arctic silver5,cpu coolers will be useless on stock settings.

After reading all of your and other experts' posts, I am not so worried. So will give it a pass for the time being. Also I am absolutely noob in this. And the last thing I like to do is fiddle with the brand new stuff, specially after I had to replace the SMPS already. But will keep a hawk eye on the temperature and post it here if it starts approaching 70+. Will put a 120mm cooling fan as advised for the time being.

Last edited:
J

joy.das.jd

Suggest a Motherboard + Graphics card

I want to upgrade my motherboard+ram+Graphics card. My budget is around Rs 7000 to Rs 8000. Now I want a motherboard which should be of microATX form factor only (as i have a small cabinet). I have decided to go for the XFX 630i - 7150 motherboard and 2 Gb of ddr2 RAM. Now i am very confused about the graphics card . Pls suggest a good Graphics card in about Rs 3000. I will be running the games on 1024x768 resolution only and even dx9 cards are welcome as i will be running windows XP only. The details of my processor are as following

Name Intel Pentium 4 515
Codename Prescott
Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz
Package Socket 775 LGA

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
ur mobo selection is gud........only problem it hav is dat no support for dual channel memory.........

and if u r only planning to used ur gfx card for normal stuffs then i suggest there is no need for dedicated gfx card, the on-board 7150 on XFX 630i will do u job fine. Or if u wanna take a gfx card then go for 8500gt

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: Suggest a Motherboard + Graphics card

I want to upgrade my motherboard+ram+Graphics card. My budget is around Rs 7000 to Rs 8000. Now I want a motherboard which should be of microATX form factor only (as i have a small cabinet). I have decided to go for the XFX 630i - 7150 motherboard and 2 Gb of ddr2 RAM. Now i am very confused about the graphics card . Pls suggest a good Graphics card in about Rs 3000. I will be running the games on 1024x768 resolution only and even dx9 cards are welcome as i will be running windows XP only. The details of my processor are as following

Name Intel Pentium 4 515
Codename Prescott
Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz
Package Socket 775 LGA

get ur self a 8600GT for 5k and add another gb of ram.
save more money for a decent upgrade.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
But his budget is only 7-8K. 5K for the card means only 3K for Mobo and Ram. And he has already opted for 2GB. Why add one more GB.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ good board
*www.ocworkbench.com/2007/jetway/M2A692-GDG/g1.htm

Category
Score
Performance
8 / 10
Features
8 / 10
Ease Of Installation
9 / 10