Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
@Ghonada It is more to do with availability of the Seasonic 520W (at flipkart) than anything else. The cost difference is just about ~500 Rs. which is not too great but the product is just not in stock at present. The other online shops which are based mostly out of Mumbai don't allow credit card payment (at least the ones I tried didn't) for online purchases. Let me see, I will wait for a week or so to order, the 520 is on my watch list at flipkart. If they get it by then well and good, otherwise I will go with the S12II 430. It has 30A on the 12V rails combined (360W mentioned on the case) so I think it should be sufficient.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
you can buy seasonic s12 II 520 in mumbai only at itwares.com and the price is 3500/-
SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ If Op wants he can get it from here as well though the price is 150 bucks more ;-)
Buy Seasonic S12II-520 520W Power Supply in Mumbai India

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
Thanks for the info guys. I will be buying from one of the shops that you mentioned. However, it will have to wait a bit as I urgently have to go back to my hometown of Vadodara for a week. I will mostly purchase it once I get back on Monday.

enterobotica

Right off the assembly line
i need a psu for my pc as i got it wrong at the first time due to lack of the knowledge. as now im somewhat aware that the system can fail at any moment, i want to change the psu as soon as possible. suggest me the wattage required for the configuration mentioned below:-

AMD Bull Dozer FX 6100(6 core), 3.3 ghz// 8gb ddr3 ram (4gb X 2)// radeon sapphire HD 6450 // gigabyte 880gm usb3 // 1 TB sata HDD // "cooler master elite power 350w "

i use hardcore 3d softwares and i use my pc fro rendering in 3d.. plz suggest me a suitable wattage of psu that can go well n stable with my configuration as i want it to do overclocking for sometimes as well.. plz help me..

will GlacialTech GP-AP600CA 600W do?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
i need a psu for my pc as i got it wrong at the first time due to lack of the knowledge. as now im somewhat aware that the system can fail at any moment, i want to change the psu as soon as possible. suggest me the wattage required for the configuration mentioned below:-

AMD Bull Dozer FX 6100(6 core), 3.3 ghz// 8gb ddr3 ram (4gb X 2)// radeon sapphire HD 6450 // gigabyte 880gm usb3 // 1 TB sata HDD // "cooler master elite power 350w "

i use hardcore 3d softwares and i use my pc fro rendering in 3d.. plz suggest me a suitable wattage of psu that can go well n stable with my configuration as i want it to do overclocking for sometimes as well.. plz help me..

will GlacialTech GP-AP600CA 600W do?

+1 for Corsair Gs 600 from my side :)
should be ideal for you.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
A few notes I can make (amperage, wattage aside)

1) Cooler Master doesn't design any of their units. They are all OEM units. I've never had a CM unit fail on me but generally speaking, the eXtreme Power series is of outdated design and poor quality. Basically, subtract 100W from what's printed on the box for the true power capacity of eXtreme Power series.

The GX series is OK. I have not heard much good about anything else. All CM units I've seen so far used crappy capacitors. Teapo, Su'scon, CapXon (which is not the worst actually), etc.

2) Corsair is an all around good brand. CX430 V2 has some reliability issues with certain batches when operating above 50C. CX500 and above don't.

3) Seasonic makes consistently good units - they are a safe bet (so is Silverstone).

4) Antec lacks a bit on features but the units are decent. You should, however, consider a Seasonic or Corsair before looking at Antec. The same goes for FSP: Good, but not great.

5) Local brands: I found many of the local brands do not have identification numbers for global registration. Thus, regardless of components used, the labels may be misleading.

For example VIP PSUs are made by LC Power and Foxlink, have some decent capacitors (United Chemi-con and Nicon, an arm of Rubycon). But the PSUs are definitely not the rated wattage.

Last edited:
OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I don't think newer VIP units are made by L&C now. Those days are gone. Besides, you're getting good psu for a decent price so it make sense to spend few hundred bucks and get a tried and tested h/w rather than something else *just* because you can save 300-600 bucks.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I don't think newer VIP units are made by L&C now. Those days are gone. Besides, you're getting good psu for a decent price so it make sense to spend few hundred bucks and get a tried and tested h/w rather than something else *just* because you can save 300-600 bucks.

LC Power is not L&C Technology Corporation. These are two different companies. LC Power is a European outfit and not a great one either (but better than L&C). L&C is a lower tier manufacturer (and sadly, I found they were never a top manufacturer).

VIPs are not horrendous, I guess you could buy a VIP to a CM eXtreme. But CM eXtreme is already not good at all to begin with so guess what you are up against.

In short: Not recommended, one should go for a good brand (like I said, Seasonic and Silverstone are safe bets and should be the first choice IMO)

enterobotica

Right off the assembly line
GS 600 was unavailable.. so i had to choose between cx600 and gs700.. the efficirncy of cx is a bit less as compared to gs. but it worked fine for me.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom