bail out this newbie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshadkmishra

Right off the assembly line
i have a AMD athlon 3500+, MSI K8N Diamond motherboard, Winfast 6600 GT 128 MB Extreme graphics card, 512 MB Kingston Value RAM, two Seagate 80 GB hard disk,powersafe 450 watts SMPS, altec lansing 5051R speakers and samsung 713n LCD monitor. I had assembled my computer in september.

Recently, while playing games like Age of Empires 3, Black & White 2 and Fable Etc, i have been experiencing problems with the display. it starts with triangular (sometimes some other geometric shapes) fluorocent green flashes appearing on random parts of the screen in brief intervals. then the number, and the frequency of the flashes increase till they are covering the whole screen and its is impossible to play.i have reinstalled the graphics driver a few times, but that dosent help. I have tried reducing the graphic settings to the minimum possible level (though i had been playing comfortably on the previous settings just a few months before), but that dosent help either. But when i switch to the desktop for a few seconds(Alt+Tab), then switch back again, the problem subsides for a few moments before starting all over again. This is really bugging me out. i would really appreciate help on this one.

Also, while playing some games like thief, and Splinter cell, at a certain
stage, the system reboots automatically, and then on start up it shows the
message - "windows has recovered from a serious error"..blah blah blah.
what the hell is wrong with my system ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try updating your card drivers by downloading the latest ones from ww.nvidia.com or picking it up from digit dvd/cd.

OP
H

harshadkmishra

Right off the assembly line
you're probably right, downloading new drivers might help, but that dosent explain why the games were working fine for 4 months. the problem started bout 2 months ago.

also , what is vsync in the display settings ??

hafees

In the zone
If you can afford, try a complete reinstall of os.
I am using two Win XP. One for playing games and the other for normal use so that the Windows XP for games can be reinstalled without losing any of my other softwares.

Even after a complete re install of ur OS and updating ur graphics card driver, the problem persist, you 've bad luck. Coz it sounds ur display card is having some problem. (Most likely the RAM on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom