bad image quality in W700i.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackleopard92

In the zone
I thought that SE phones had a brilliant camera.apparently, they do, but their colour reproduction is too terible, that I can't see those pics on my PC.they have too much yellow colour,noise in them.
is there any way I can make the pics better?

take a look at the pic taken by the cam.

*img46.imageshack.us/img46/6835/dsc00030to9.jpg

aku

Gonna make it BiG
seems taken during da night and moreover inside a room with lo lighting conditions
So do use the night mode
plus
Dont shake ur hands while taking the pic, as in low lightin conditions it takes a bit of time to stabelise as due to the long exposure time

aadipa

Padawan
Your photo is indoor, taken at 6:20 PM. Must be under tube light. Also flash is not used. So phone switched to higher ISO, ISO-320 in your case. Highr the ISO, more is the noise.

Phone camera is not as good as real camera, good images are possible only in ideal conditions. You can take really good images in proper light. But indoor photos, in normal tube light are really bad - too much noise.

You can do some post processing on your photos with softwares like Adobe Photoshop. But for simple work, Google Picasa will be much easier.

aadipa

Padawan
You cannt change much of settings like shutter and ISO speeds in phone-camera. These features are only present in cameras with "manual settings". With mobile phone cameras, all these settings are automatic or fixed, depending on camera algorithm. Your best bet is to have good light conditions.

e.g. Pics with my W800i (compare with yours)
Day light
*iup.in/img/aadipa/thumb/DSC02599.jpg

Night with flood light
*iup.in/img/aadipa/thumb/DSC02607.jpg

K

krazyfrog

If your images are having yellowish or blueish tint, try changing the white balance settings. The Auto setting doesn't always work perfectly. Try experimenting with the different wb settings till you get rid of the tint. Also indoors always use the flash instead of night mode. Night mode always results in noise, even in SE phones. Also try keeping your hands a bit more steady to get a clear shot.

Dipen01

Youngling
@aadipa..:- The Quality is great yaar....Did u do some processing of the pic on PC...

coz even i hav W810i...Well though i havent used my Cam that much..!! still wanna be sure...of any cares that must be taken to get good picture.!!

aadipa

Padawan
Dipen01 said:
@aadipa..:- The Quality is great yaar....Did u do some processing of the pic on PC...

coz even i hav W810i...Well though i havent used my Cam that much..!! still wanna be sure...of any cares that must be taken to get good picture.!!

nope.. nothing modified, these are direct images from phone. Save images on your PC and check its properties for EXIF info.

G

gxsaurav

u cannot compare a mobile phone camera with a Digital camera, a digicam has specific hardware, high shutter speed for this work, something mobile cam lacks

some tweaking is always required

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
tank u people, I am finally getting better quality photos.

I had the above photo in auto model in white balancing.so I now switch the mode to fourocsnt lightning to get good quality pics.
Thanks, really.

pic taken from my fri mobile k750i
*img85.imageshack.us/img85/2821/dsc00135wb6.jpg

i think sony phones rocks in camera and sound...
i am going to sell my ph :p

Dipen01

Youngling
aadipa said:
nope.. nothing modified, these are direct images from phone. Save images on your PC and check its properties for EXIF info.

so how do u clickpics...i mean in 1600 resolution...or less....and do u zoom...(even if not needed) use flash...and what more..!!

aadipa

Padawan
Dipen01 said:
so how do u clickpics...i mean in 1600 resolution...or less....and do u zoom...(even if not needed) use flash...and what more..!!
Resolution: Max
Zoom: Never (Even on my Sony DSC-H1, I use only optical zoom, digital zoom is big no-no)
Flash: Only for objects within 2-3 meter distance (phone flash is not that strong, with exception of SE K790) if lights are bad. If possible I take 1 with flash and another without. Without flash, colors are more natural.

This way, I can edit the image on PC, with is better that phone camera to process images.

BTW, I am still learning. Experienced photographers, please give your inputs.

Dipen01

Youngling
Optical Zoom ....Digital Zoom... In W810i...:O

I dunno which zoom i use...but as far as i know...theres only 1 zoom..and yeah its 4X..

plsoft

Journeyman
@dipen01: it's digital zoom. Haven't seen a phone camera that comes with 4x optical zoom. Moreover, most of the standalone digital cam's (Rs 15,000-20,000 range) come with just 3x optical zoom.

Dipen01

Youngling
hehe..yah...its Digital zoom only...

Well so in short we shuld avoid..zooming 4 better clarity..rite.!!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Samsung has an 8mp camera phone with 4x optical zoom nd 12x digital. I wonder why samsung is calling it a phone?:p

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
^^: do you know what exactly happened to that phone?
i had heard a lot about it but not one shop(even in southeast Asia, samsung's home) seemed to actually have a piece.....is seems more like a concept than a real phone...

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
dont go for zoom mode go for standard mode first take using low resolution

check it in u r pc

if it is not good reset u r mob using master reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom