Backup Software

rahul_c

Journeyman
I need a software with whom I can backup folders but not actually sync them. I download stuff on my internal HDD watch it and copy it on a external HDD. The problem for me is most software offer to sync the content of both hard disks. I dont need that I just want it to include new files without deleting old files present on backup.

Manual copy paste is too slow.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think you mean, Incremental backup. In that backup, only new files which are found on the disk are copied, leaving the files already backuped, intact.
And I think, many software do provide this feature.
Which one do you currently use?

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
@vineet369 I am using acronis backup software. Incremental Backup does not works, it simply syncs the files.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Find a huge list of back up software at the link which has a huge list of backup software, you will find one for you're needs.
Just Google them out :)

List of backup software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
^I already have Acronis True Image Home 2011 software and I am satisfied using it.

All the backup modes sync files between internal & external HDD. I am a heavy downloader and have atleast a new thing to backup everyday. My internal HDD is just 250 GB so I copy it to the external 1 TB one and then delete it from internal hard drive to free up space.

When I use backup software it creates a exact copies of my hard drives. I don't want that, I need a software with which I can just add new files to the backup without letting old files being deleted from back up.

I don't think such a feature exists.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
rahul_c said:
When I use backup software it creates
a exact copies of my hard drives. I
don't want that, I need a software with
which I can just add new files to the
backup without letting old files being
deleted from back up. I don't think such a feature exists.
Then I suggest you to manually copy paste files to external drive or folder

sygeek

Technomancer
Well, a guy over here at TDF created a program (Linux) for your purpose but too bad you're on Windows.

sygeek

Technomancer
Program by Uniquerockz - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/programmi...r-using-c-helps-take-your-backups-easily.html
I'm saying this again, It won't work in Windows!

Top Bottom