Avoid going for Asus Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunzeal

Broken In
Hi

I just got a new Asus laptop for 48,000/- and the screen got break suddenly from inside suddenly when i was on my email.

*i43.tinypic.com/2e30llk.jpg
*i44.tinypic.com/14ccuvr.jpg

Now they say that it is caused due to physical damage however it is not.

Its just caused due to their cheap quality screens.

New Screen = 18,000/- ( WTF.!!!!!! )) - SUCH A LOOT

Their are various other cases similar to me where screen breaks automatically.

Check this out :

I was using my Asus 1000H and the screen cracked...? - EeeUser Forum

I Brought ASUS laptop just a month back and i forced my DAD to go for ASUS rather than Dell. Now my Dad is HELL Shouting at me on why did i go for ASUS rather than Dell and i din't have any answer :(

So please guys, don't go for ASUS

*i.lulzimg.com/6ff3cda004.jpg

Last edited:

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever
Re: Prevent going for Asus Laptops

so sorry for you brother.

and I mean it.
It is very very uncommon.

But I strongly suspect the pics.
If my eyes are allright I suspect some opengl software might have been used.

OP
S

sunzeal

Broken In

indeed :(

However their is a crack below that patch too, but crack is only visible if screen is turned off or if you look very closely, can't see it directly.

It might be uncommon among laptops but in Asus tons of people are facing such problems :(

After so many years i brought my first laptop for my project and in just 1 month its all gone, i can't afford 18,000 Rs just after spending 50,000 for laptop :(

Well, i think we should always go for trusted brand :(

sdmaverick

Journeyman

I am pretty sure the laptop you brought at some point of time faced certain physical damage / abuse at the hands of the retailer or agency you brought it from. In any case, Asus has a 1 year global warranty. Why are they charging you 18k for the screen?

OP
S

sunzeal

Broken In

I am pretty sure the laptop you brought at some point of time faced certain physical damage / abuse at the hands of the retailer or agency you brought it from. In any case, Asus has a 1 year global warranty. Why are they charging you 18k for the screen?

its like, they say that thing caused is due to the external physical damage and its not manufacturing defect.

So i asked them to give me written statement saying : " All 100% of those problems caused are due to physical damage caused by users and it can never be Manufacturing Defect " which they refused.

And this problem caused is caused with many other people ( as mentioned in the link posted above ), the screen cracks automatically, i don't know why but lot of people face it, i think its due to cheap quality displays and that's how they manage to lower the price.

My dad uses Acer laptop from past 4 years and till date their is absolutely no problem till now.

While my Asus screen = gone in just 1 month.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

@sunzeal

Try creating a thread here: Service and RMA watch - Digit Technology Discussion Forum Do read the [Read me] thread.

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever

Really unlucky there.

:confused:

what do you mean by that?

just zoom on the broken part and tell me do you see some unusual refraction, smudge or blur being used in first pic and brush in second or tell me I'm wrong.

reddragon show your FMT skills, we have an autopsy here.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

just zoom on the broken part and tell me do you see some unusual refraction, smudge or blur being used in first pic and brush in second or tell me I'm wrong.
yea, that's fine. But what relation does it have with OpenGL?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Let's ignore it. Sorry for the off-topic. :(

red dragon

Master troll
But I strongly suspect the pics.
If my eyes are allright I suspect some opengl software might have been used.

We all are sorry!!
But WTF was that with opengl??!!!
BTW it is FSM(forensic & state medicine)which deals with post mortem.

Comeing back to the topic,this is unfortunate but not that rare.
I have not seen anything like that,but there was a long thread about spontaneous cracking of Macbook Air's screen in Macrumour forums.

Last edited:

prvprv

Journeyman

^^ does Apple replace the screen for free in those cases if we have AppleCare Protection Plan?

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever

Amazon.com: ASUS U52F LAPTOP LCD SCREEN 15.6" WXGA HD LED DIODE (SUBSTITUTE REPLACEMENT LCD SCREEN ONLY. NOT A LAPTOP ): Electronics

this will give a rough estimate about cost of the screen, it says rs. 3352 for (some other model of Asus) 15.6 inch in US
AFAIK
even if we see in indian scene the price can NEVER exceed 9k

they are asking for double.
OP didnt specify the model no. assuming that he has a K53SV:

Laptop LCD screen for ASUS K53SV HD display 15.6" LED new | eBay
here's the Indian link for Rs. 5,628.42

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
^^ does Apple replace the screen for free in those cases if we have AppleCare Protection Plan?

Ofcourse they did!!
They are extremely generous if you are polite to them.
People are still getting even the dicontinued white macbooks as replacements if cracked spontaneously.
I have seen a guy dropped his MBP from a table twice(Saturday evening syndrome)the hdd broke...two small bumps could be seen easily...Apple replaced the drive in 48 hours...no question asked.
I tore my Magesafe twice...replaced for free...no question asked,once in India even!

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Amazon.com: ASUS U52F LAPTOP LCD SCREEN 15.6" WXGA HD LED DIODE (SUBSTITUTE REPLACEMENT LCD SCREEN ONLY. NOT A LAPTOP ): Electronics

this will give a rough estimate about cost of the screen, it says rs. 3352 for (some other model of Asus) 15.6 inch in US
AFAIK
even if we see in indian scene the price can NEVER exceed 9k

they are asking for double.
Be thankful!Sony or Apple do charge 4-5 times if they are convinced it is user induced!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Macbooks = the only laptops to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom