AVI to DIVX

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vaibhavtek

Can anyone one suggest me a software that can convert avi to divx without reducing quality..??? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/41a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/41a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/41a.gif

Plz reply ASAP.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
LOL! As far as I know avi is a container format and divx is one of the codecs it contains (please correct me if i'm wrong). So you can't convert avi to divx because they're kinda same.

OP
V

vaibhavtek

^^ lol u are wrong i just used a program to convert but it decrease quality so i had posted here.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
See if you can set the quality in your program.. There must be some option somewhere.....

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
*www.divx.com/divx/windows/converter/
Convert nearly any video to a DivX® video by simply dragging and dropping it onto the DivX Converter.

Hope this will help

OP
V

vaibhavtek

^^ i used Fraps and SnagIt for recording video.

And when i try to convert it i got an error *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/18a.gif

*www.cmybbimages.com/users/public/d48863Divx_convert_errorv55.jpg

Anybody plz help.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Let me give my possible solution...

1. Capture softwares does use their codecs which sometime not be detected outside players...if you use fraps make sure FPS1 codec
and for snagit TSCC & ensharpen codec be installed & working properly

2.Divx6 places restrictions on the video resolution for many of its profiles and this may cause an error when handling large Fraps videos. I suppose your captured video might use one such resolution and hence the error
In Virtualdub you can go to the Divx codec configuration screen and set it to use the "Unconstrained Profile". This will allow you to encode movies of any resolution and won't generate the source format error.

OP
V

vaibhavtek

I cannot understand what u mean...!!!

Can u just write a tutorial upon how to make video from fraps and convert the same with DivX6.

Plz reply me ASAP..

Plz help

^^ lol u are wrong i just used a program to convert but it decrease quality so i had posted here.
to avoid reduction in quality, there is only one way: transmux instead of trasnscode. But the divx container is just a hack of the avi container, so you need not convert anything as there will be no gain in quality. Lossless convertion is not possible unless you use a newer version of the video codec with an upgrade option(like using theora on VP3 video).

axxo

99.9% Idle
I cannot understand what u mean...!!!

Can u just write a tutorial upon how to make video from fraps and convert the same with DivX6.

Plz reply me ASAP..

Plz help

am too noob to write a tutorial..

capture game video of your preffered setting..

my setting is as follows

*i12.tinypic.com/87b63yf.jpg

I captured the game video @ 1024x768 resolution

download virtualdub mpeg2 - > link

extract to a folder & run virtualdub.exe

open captured video file from file->open video file

*i9.tinypic.com/81hpx13.jpg

customize the settings as shown..i prefer no audio..

*i18.tinypic.com/6odms5z.jpg

then finally click file->save as avi->name your video & save..

done...

converted my 344 MB file to 3 MB divx file.:D

sample video download

Last edited:
OP
V

vaibhavtek

thanks buddy very very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom