AVG Free edition doesnt update automatically!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!
I installed AVG Antivirus free edition.
The problem is that it doesnt d/l and install updates automatically.
Each time when I connect net then I hv to right-click on the System tray icon and select Check for updates option, then it checks for updates and tell me which r available and then d/l and install them.
Is there no way to set it automatically, so that each time I connect net, AVG automatically search for updates and install them?
I didnt find ne option as such...

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
same problem here .
i m using AVG for more than an year now.
this problem was not in AVG 6 but it is in AVG 7.
even i was searching the sol. but couldn't find one.
may be this time someone will help us...

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
It is possible for AVG 7 to automatically download updates (I use it). In fact, it is by default automatically set to on, so perhaps somewhere, you might have by mistake changed some setting.
1. Right click AVG icon and click Launch AVG Control Center (or double click on icon)
2. In the right side main box, 2nd row 2nd column is Scheduler. Click on it.
3. In the bottom of the right side, u have 2 buttons - "Scheduled Tasks" and "Properties". Click on the first.
4. There is a table on Scheduled Tasks. Second Row is "Update plan in Basic Mode". This is typical for all Free Edition (you cannot add or remove the scheduled tasks - only change the frequency).
5. Select the task and click on "Edit schedule".
6. Make sure "Periodically check..." is checked and select what time of day to check for.
7. Make sure "If Internet connection is not available..." is checked.
8. Select OK and Close.

This should get your AVG to check for updates automatically.

Hope this helps,
Arun

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx!
But the list shows time intervals twice.
How can I find out which is for day and which is for night?
I mean 12:00 -1:59 exists twixe, how can I know that which is for 12:00 am and which is for 12:00 pm ?

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
Not sure why u have the problem bcoz for me the am/pm is specified. In any case, the dropdown list starts with 12am to 2am and goes on, in the middle we have 12pm to 2pm and ends with 10pm to 12am.

My immediate thought when I read ur post was that perhaps u may have changed regional settings - there we set how am/pm are shown. If that is not it, I dont know why u dont get am/pm shown in the list.

Hope this helps,
Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom