Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
MysticHalo said:
20 times a day???? what Madness !!! :-o
It gives weekly updates, and i was using Kaspersky Pro v5.0.227.
Something was definately wrong with your installation then!
From Kaspersky website:
The standard antivirus databases currently contain 181567 records.

The last update to the antivirus databases was released at 12 May 2006 at 11:25 (GMT +0400).

It is essential to update your antivirus databases on a regular basis. If you do not do this, your antivirus program will not detect new malicious programs. This is why we release updates every hour, to ensure that users are protected against the latest malware.

In February 2005, we stopped issuing large cumulative updates. All antivirus database files can now be updated hourly; this means that we are able to rapidly update the files and users of our products can access these new files.
*www.kaspersky.com/avupdates

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey guys which software is working and u all are Troubleshooting it.because it is Software Troubleshooting.:confused: :confused: :confused:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys, will it be advisable to switch from NAV 2006 to Avast Home Edition (wich is free) ??

I hv been using NAV and NIS 2006 for the past 8 months, and it is a system HOG..:mad: So, will Avast provide me with an Active Real time Internet security (firewall) as well as a Real time Antivirus solution while im surfing the net? So that if Viruses, trojans, Adware are detected, then Avast! can automatically inform me and delete the file...?? (as NAV ans NIS does)?? please help needed..

I already use Ad Aware and Spybot S&D for Adware removal. (but these 2 do not hv a real time always ON protection).

NAV=Norton AntiVirus, NIS=Norton Internet Security.

Cheers n e-peace......

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hey Guys pls help me out,
Is Norton 05 better than Avast!.hOW much memory does it take like Avast takes about 4 MB.Pls can u go to Task Manager and check it out in NAV???
Pls,

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
btw avast and NAV , its a bit hard . nav is big big system resource hog. if u dont care abt speed and u feel u need too much of protection , the use it.
If not i shud say avast is better.

Which firewall shud i go for ?

koolbajaj

Right off the assembly line
Sameer whn u already know the answer why r u simply wasting r time>>>
This is the 3rd time i m reading ur crap post...
Ofcourse its Avast as usual...
Our answers won't change..

rohitm_001

Broken In
avg is trash.
Has all sorts of problems. Even if ur computer is virus-infected it sometimes won't detect it and when it will, it will not allow u to either delete it or quarantine it.

I am using Avast! 4.6 which works very well and has kept my system trouble-free.

Avast rulz!
aye aye DISSEL!
Point a finger at avast! Ad i will blaze all My guns on u all!!
Avast simply rocks and has a gr8 scanner.
it is also easy on the system resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom