Availability of AMD Llano A8 APU based Laptops

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
It seems ,there are no presence or availability of AMD Llano A8-35xx APU series based Laptops/Notebooks in India.:evil::cry:
Is this done deliberately?
Or are we the end countries to receive those laptop models,after 1year or so they are launched?
Any idea or news, Friends?:!:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
It seems ,there are no presence or availability of AMD Llano A8-35xx APU series based Laptops/Notebooks in India.:evil::cry:
Is this done deliberately?
Or are we the end countries to receive those laptop models,after 1year or so they are launched?
Any idea or news, Friends?:!:

We are having just A6 notebooks here. No info of A8 as well as low end llano A4 also :(

Asus X53TA around 28k & there is one model from HP

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^^ To all.
How about this SAMSUNG LAPTOP ?:cool:

Well,admitting that I am an AMD Fanboy.

Last edited:
OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^^Thanks ,ico.
But, bit sceptical about "Trinity's" arrival in India on June...:unsure:
The undercurrent of Intel's business malpractise and backdoor politics is very much predominant in India.:evil:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trinity will come here. Llano (especially Laptop) had yield problems. Demand was high and AMD/GloFo were not able to produce sufficient. Perhaps the reason why Llano laptops remained available in selected markets only.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Trinity will come here. Llano (especially Laptop) had yield problems. Demand was high and AMD/GloFo were not able to produce sufficient. Perhaps the reason why Llano laptops remained available in selected markets only.
Let and be your comments be praiseworthy to us,ico.
I am specially eager for the AMD Trinity based "Ultrathin's"(very best if an optical drive is included)arrival.
Well,presently AMD/GloFo are manufacturing enough Llano "APU's"(for Laptop also),but where is the market for India?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^Piyush,I am also waiting for "Trinity" APU based "Ultrathin" Laptops.Question is,will they be available in India by this year 2012?
Also,Intel's aggressive dominance and strategy(good+bad),could withold/postpone the market for AMD Trinity APU's...only time will tell.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Well,presently AMD/GloFo are manufacturing enough Llano "APU's"(for Laptop also),but where is the market for India?

This is from Hexus.net:Globalfoundries Celebrates Shipment of 250 Thousand 32nm/HKMG Wafers to AMD.

“Early in 2011 we met significant challenges in early yield learning on 32nm HKMG. However, we made several organizational and operational changes in the second half of the year that led to a dramatic increase in production velocity and major breakthroughs in yield learning. And since our 28nm technology uses the same HKMG implementation as 32nm, AMD and other customers will benefit greatly from our high-volume ramp of leading-edge APUs at 32nm,” said Ajit Manocha, chief exec of Globalfoundries.

As,mentioned before,Intel must be behind for any "Foul Play",such that cheaper AMD Llano APU based laptops do not thrive in Indian markets,which would have lifted sales of Laptops(AMD) in volumes.
This is very understandable,that few customers with their money could go after Intel's ULTRABOOKS and premium branded Laptops and buy them,here in India.

Not everybody is a gamer,but majority being rather movie and multi-media enthusiast,that would had been purposefully solved by the availabilty of an AMD Llano/Trinity APU based notebook/laptop.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
In India, dealers are enough to pull out the foul play. Just how many fusion netbooks we've seen? I've seen one from samsung, 1 (that i know of) from Asus and another I think from either msi or acer- or maybe both. Maybe HP had one but that's about it. In India, dealers discourage it- unless they have a higher profit margin coupled with a channel meet full of booze and also a belly dancer- like how XFX did for the 7xxx series during their "official" launch.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Reason is present condition of forex market and whatever going on there in last 607 months. Nobody should be confident enough to import anything and extract reasonable profit out of it without raising the cost too much. If there situation were like July, 2011 or before that everything would have been available.

In simpler way, anyone remember the launch price of Intel 2nd gen processors in India? (except late 2700K) Just remember it and you will have your answer.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

In India, dealers are enough to pull out the foul play. Just how many fusion netbooks we've seen? I've seen one from samsung, 1 (that i know of) from Asus and another I think from either msi or acer- or maybe both. Maybe HP had one but that's about it. In India, dealers discourage it- unless they have a higher profit margin coupled with a channel meet full of booze and also a belly dancer- like how XFX did for the 7xxx series during their "official" launch.

You're exact to the point.That is why I honour your views,Sorcerer.I am not undermining Intel for its Technology,they are the true "STALWARTS" and World's No.1 in CPU and chipset,innovative computing Technology,etc..
But their way of Business tactics,influence,creation of bias,suppression of healthy competitive market environments,were the most discussed topics in this planet for a long time.I am not even discussing "Fanboyism" here,since everybody wants to get hands on a superior tech product...albeit,I mean to say the PURCHASING/BUYING capacity.Even in comparison to Apples and Oranges,both must co-exist in a market for people's choice.

Reason is present condition of forex market and whatever going on there in last 607 months. Nobody should be confident enough to import anything and extract reasonable profit out of it without raising the cost too much. If there situation were like July, 2011 or before that everything would have been available.

In simpler way, anyone remember the launch price of Intel 2nd gen processors in India? (except late 2700K) Just remember it and you will have your answer.

d6bmg,my Friend why are Intel products being imported in MAJORITY TO the market?Everybody knows Intel's products are always PREMIUM when compared to that of AMD and others.
Then,do you think that the cost of Intel's products are lowered in the present forex market situation?
Isn't this a forceful market atmosphere,where one is left with no choice but to buy Intel's(Obviously better and best)products at premium?Isn't this a market dictatorship of some sort,where there will be a monopolistic determination without any choice of sort?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Again, remember the introduction price if Intel 2nd gen processors & price of some components at that point of time. ;)
They are increasing over past 7-8 months instead of decreasing which is the general trend. Now, if any importer imports anything at higher cost, after maintaininf profit of everyone related to long retail chain, price will increase a lot and it the buyers who will start complaining about the price. Its like, "Eta to AMD er A8 er laptop, ar er daam eto besi, Intel er core2duo er theke o! (Ami kinbo na" (Its AMD A8 laptop and it is costlier than Intel Core2Duo laptop? I won't buy it.) etc etc.
Another point, here, everyone favors Intel blindly and they will say even C2Ds are better than any AMD processor, and it is the main reason behind not importing more A6 and not a single A8 laptop.

(p.s. this is not my word, but this thing is said to me by a dealer, who is also a friend of my elder bro.)

Top Bottom