ATI Radeon HD 7670m showing as Intel HD Grapics 3000 - HP Paviion G6-2206TX

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
That is precisely what I am saying :\

Best way for him to be sure and not hyperventilate is to check for himself if he is having doubts. Device manager is a quick and easy solution to that.
And ofcourse, the dedicated gpu only kicks in when using graphics demanding apps.

P.S:- gpu-z hangs with the logo on my laptop too. It is an issue with some machines.

thinkjamil

Journeyman
Simple. Open the game then exit it. Now right click on desktop , choose "configure switchable graphics". Few minutes later a program open , and it should have the game in recent applications, assign "High performance" to it. Apply the change...Play the game. BUt this does not make your game recognize your radeon Graphics but but no lagging assures that radeon graphics is being used.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
I think OPs laptop is in power saver mode so it switches the ATI 7670 GPU to Intel HD 3000 GPU that's the point everyone miss i think(correct me if im wrong )

OP
sagarsoni

sagarsoni

Sagar
^ Have you tried GPU-Z with compatability option?
yes i have tried it. but not worked

Don't download GPU drivers from HP site. Get it from AMD site, HP may have older one. :)

i have tried it but it is same

Jesus :\

Go to my computer=> right click=>manage=> Open device manager=> Display adapters.
There should be two adapters there. One for hd 3000 and another for hd 7600m series or something.

Check this first and report back.

yes it is there

I think OPs laptop is in power saver mode so it switches the ATI 7670 GPU to Intel HD 3000 GPU that's the point everyone miss i think(correct me if im wrong )

not it is in High Performance

Simple. Open the game then exit it. Now right click on desktop , choose "configure switchable graphics". Few minutes later a program open , and it should have the game in recent applications, assign "High performance" to it. Apply the change...Play the game. BUt this does not make your game recognize your radeon Graphics but but no lagging assures that radeon graphics is being used.

i have tried it but it still hangs

WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I got another error.... see here Capture.PNG ...... please find latest amd drivers for me

when i play GTA 4, it says "Fatal Error: resc10". is this problem of the game or my hardware requirements?

Flash

Lost in speed
Whether AMD Driver Autodetect worked?
AMD Driver Autodetect

GPU-z says
Support for Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported)

Maybe, that's why you're getting error. But, it should work via compatability!! Weird!

OP
sagarsoni

sagarsoni

Sagar
Whether AMD Driver Autodetect worked?
AMD Driver Autodetect

GPU-z says

Maybe, that's why you're getting error. But, it should work via compatability!! Weird!

i will try AMD AutoDetect tomorrow because i think i should download graphics drivers of HP Pavilion G6-2005AX because it also has radeon hd 7670m. should i try it?

utkarsh73

Journeyman

Just do this. No need to update the drivers and all.

OP
sagarsoni

sagarsoni

Sagar
^ Is games for windows live and rockstar Club installed?

yes. they are installed.

Hurreyyyyyyy. I have recently done a chat with HP technician which told me that if you are running games in High Performance in Catalyst Center, then the game is definitely using AMD Radeon HD 7670M. But everywhere it will show Intel HD Graphics 3000 because it is primary graphics.

saurav_wow

Broken In
yes. they are installed.

Hurreyyyyyyy. I have recently done a chat with HP technician which told me that if you are running games in High Performance in Catalyst Center, then the game is definitely using AMD Radeon HD 7670M. But everywhere it will show Intel HD Graphics 3000 because it is primary graphics.

Hi Sagarsoni,

Don't worry your laptop's graphics is working fine. the thing with dual graphics(Intel HD +ATI/AMD Radeon) laptop is that they have 2 modes (setting in BIOS) as follows.
1> Dynamic mode - where the laptop automatically chooses the best Graphics card according to the application/game running.. by default it uses the Intel HD as it is low power consuming.
2> Fixed mode - where you can manually choose which graphics card your laptop uses after you login to windows..you can even set AMD as primary.

Your laptop is currently setup to use the Dynamic mode.. that it why you see IntelHD every where as it is default, it is only when you run games that it automatically switches to AMD.

For details see . HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs - c03048374 - HP Business Support Center

the good news is that you can change the setting to Fixed mode in the BIOS.. once you change it to Fixed mode in BIOS then you can manually select which card you want to use..and you can be absolutely sure which card is being used by your games..

WARNING: Be careful while changing anything in BIOS, if you are not comfortable dont do it..

So once you change it to fixed mode in BIOS you can follow the procedure below to switch between graphics cards after you boot into windows..

If you only use if for games with the power adapter connected, then you have no need to automatically switch to the power saving GPU.

Right-click an empty place on the desktop and select configure switchable graphics.
Take the tick mark out of the box that says "Automatically select power-saving GPU when on battery".
Select the High Performance GPU and then click on apply at the bottom right side of the window.
Now you should see the High Performance GPU as the current graphics processing unit in the Switchable Graphics Status.

Flash

Lost in speed
OP already told it's in "High Performance GPU".
Anyway, let him try once agaiN with the above info!!

Top Bottom