ATI Radeon HD 7670m showing as Intel HD Grapics 3000 - HP Paviion G6-2206TX

sagarsoni

Sagar
i have recently bought HP Pavilion G6-2206TX. it has 2gb ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7670M. but when i checked my compatibility of GTA 4, it showed "not compatible".
also it showed my graphics card as Intel HD Graphics 3000. here is that screenshot:
cyri.PNG
please help me. i purchased laptop for radeon 7670m not for intel hd graphics 3000. :-(

cyborg47

Technomancer
Because that your graphics card..Intel HD Graphics 3000, GTA4 and Crysis are incompatible with it. You were probably misinformed about the 2GB 7670 card.

EDIT - Just checked the specs of your laptop, and it does show its got a 7670m, try updating the graphics card drivers.

gameranand

Living to Play
Install the latest GPU drivers of AMD and you are good to go. It automatically switches between those two GPU units. :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Set gta4 to high performance mode in catalyst control centre after installing new catalyst drivers.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have recently bought HP Pavilion G6-2206TX. it has 2gb ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7670M. but when i checked my compatibility of GTA 4, it showed "not compatible".
also it showed my graphics card as Intel HD Graphics 3000. here is that screenshot:
View attachment 7711
please help me. i purchased laptop for radeon 7670m not for intel hd graphics 3000. :-(

connect to AC and play game. If game is properly patched, discrete GPU will kick in. You'll know this if the game is playable.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Man..these kind of problems would scare the s-hit out of me, after spending thousands of rupees on a device only to realize that its got the wrong specs, scary!!

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
@OP : download the latest drivers for your GPU and check if GTA4 works properly
i had a similar situation with my Laptop where all the games were running on HD 2000,then i downloaded the drivers for my GT540M from the nvidia site and it fixed the problem

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I think it's Windows 8 doing something fishy. :D I recommend you to install Win7 and install latest drivers and the laptop'll be worth the money. Windows 8 << Win Vista.

OP
sagarsoni

sagarsoni

Sagar
GUP Z does not work. it shows logo and hangs. then i have to end it from task manager. i am download all latest drivers from hp website. it will take 3-5 days to download.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Jesus :\

Go to my computer=> right click=>manage=> Open device manager=> Display adapters.
There should be two adapters there. One for hd 3000 and another for hd 7600m series or something.

Check this first and report back.

pratyush997

Inactive
Bro Afaik There is something called Enduro!! which is just like optimus .. Head to GPU settings and select a option similar to "Run on high performance GPU" And yeah Install latest patch 1.7 or 1.4 will do.. 1.7 will enable u playing MP
And yeah as the Experts ^^ above told.. Update the GPU drivers !! BTW you need to run GTA IV in compatibility mode select Win 7 for that !

Top Bottom