Ati radeon hd 4650

420 santosh

Broken In
Hi guys,
i have an ati radeon hd 4650 graphic card..it is very nice and i can accelarate crysis game to a resolution of 1600*900 pixels keeping all the parameters high..not only crysis even other games like mafia 2 all gets executed in a similar way..so can u please give me a small review on that card and also how much would u rate it on a scale of 5..??? :???: and it is an XFX version

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ Santosh - Buddy even I have the same card(XFX HD4650)!!But is it that good?
I'm planning to upgrade to either 5770 or 6850 depending on the cash I save up.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi guys,
i have an ati radeon hd 4650 graphic card..it is very nice and i can accelarate crysis game to a resolution of 1600*900 pixels keeping all the parameters high..not only crysis even other games like mafia 2 all gets executed in a similar way..so can u please give me a small review on that card and also how much would u rate it on a scale of 5..??? :???: and it is an XFX version

your info is misleading - I must say. Don't be naive.

mention clearly how much fps you are getting ( use fraps to measure it ) and what you consider as smooth gameplay

look at the pic below :

*media.bestofmicro.com/T/2/207110/original/image011.png

at 1680*1050 Hd4670 can barely give 16fps so how come you are getting nice fps counts in games with 1600*900 resolution ?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah,topgear is right.4650 is pretty weak & old card,especially if it has DDR2 memory.Playing MAFIA II smoothly at 1600×900 on a 4650 seems & sounds quite far-fetched.

OP

420 santosh

Broken In
Yup i used frap and checked out..thanks top gear for enlightening me..!!!
so how much FPS==smooth gameplay..like i mean how much fps i need to get for a game to be smooth..

ssb1551

Technomancer
Oh..I read in guru3d that 40-60 is desirable for smooth gameplay & 30-40 for average yet very playable.Thats the basis of my response.

OP

420 santosh

Broken In
40-60 fps..thats very critical..like u need to fund atleast 15k+ for the graphic card i think..gtx 275..gives 36fps in crysis

ssb1551

Technomancer
But like Sam said even >25 fps is good enough.Also it depends on what resolution are you playing..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup i used frap and checked out..thanks top gear for enlightening me..!!!
so how much FPS==smooth gameplay..like i mean how much fps i need to get for a game to be smooth..

err .. how come that's possible ? Mafia 2 is resource hungry game. What's the cpu you are using ?

What's the driver version you are using - have you OCed your gfx card ?

30 FPS considered as playable and 60 FPS is what called smooth gameplay.

But for strategy Game 23-25 fps do just fine.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Oh no no no...I haven't played MAFIA II.It was santosh who had posted that & I was concurring with your opinion.

OP

420 santosh

Broken In
I am using core2duo 2.0 ghz..with 667mhz--2gb ram.. i am really getting an FPS of MIN:23 and MAX:28....seriously speaking..with full resolution..and geometry and ambeince details:HIGH
but physx level: in toggle mode
toggle mode in the sense some chapters i need to switch off physx and vice versa

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
You gotta be kidding me!!!You are playing at 1900×1200 & getting a min fps of 23!!:flu-surprised8:
Even 4670 fails to give that much at that resolution!How is it even possible??
You sure you have 4650?

Top Bottom