At 1.4Mbps, India has the slowest average Internet speed in Asia Pacific: Akamai

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I have airtel 3g and it gives upto 8mbps while downloading in steam. Torrents are slow due to port forwarding crap which I don't know how to fix.
I also have BSNL 3g for my 24 hr downloading rig and it gives upto 6.9 mbps at around 4 am.
After FUP kicks in I get like 50-200kbps

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How come its nice. No offence but any kind of internet activity s**ks at 256 kbps. And 6GB is over in 1-2 days. Rs 800 for this makes me feel sorry.

I even used to consume 20-30 GB in a day (college lan). :p
for me 2 mbps is very low PITA speed. 4 mbps should be the least home broadband speed with no FUP.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
lol.. But I am on BSNL 2 MBPS unlimited since 2 years.. how they are saying 1.4 is highest ? are they talking about download speeds ??

Results are still low as my torrent was running in background.

Last edited:

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
lol.. But I am on BSNL 2 MBPS unlimited since 2 years.. how they are saying 1.4 is highest ? are they talking about download speeds ??

What is your plan name???

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

They are talking about "average" speed and not highest speed.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

read the thread title. lol.

flyingcow

Shibe

*encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThZ9U9_joT1fXKRgyZ2JN10hq_3bZBnGFG0IzJ2X3sh7ie0DBX

did you guys srsly think he thought 1.4mbps was the highest speed in india

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I think things will start improving only after 2015 when the national optical fibre network starts kicking in. I think the average speeds will start going up thereon.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think things will start improving only after 2015 when the national optical fibre network starts kicking in. I think the average speeds will start going up thereon.

Average speed is not a big issue, minimum speed is. Increase the minimum speeds, average should rise automatically. While TRAI suggests that minimum speed should be 512 kbps for broadband, telecos exploit it and launch those so called unlimited broadband plans with FUP limits. :facepalm:

mohityadavx

Youngling
Yeah, same here. Thanks to private operators like AirTel and all. If you only include government companies we will be having a Nobel for lowest bandwidth ;)
Yeah right. Thanks to them Internet is not only damn expensive but everybody has followed their trend of calling Internet with FUP as unlimited when its snail slow once you exceed the FUP limit.

Top Bottom