Asus Zenphone discussion thread - Z4, z5 , z6

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Re: Asus Zenfone discussion thread - Z4, Z5 , Z6

@^^^
Its decent/ acceptable with stock headsets & good with other iems
I tried it using stock jet audio basic settings & few Bollywood numbers like taal & rockstar.
Flac & mp3 320 kbps
Iems brainwavz r1 & signature acoustics c12.

BTW I have tried Zenfone 5 only....

Empirial

Youngling

@^^^
Its decent/ acceptable with stock headsets & good with other iems
I tried it using stock jet audio basic settings & few Bollywood numbers like taal & rockstar.
Flac & mp3 320 kbps
Iems brainwavz r1 & signature acoustics c12.

BTW I have tried Zenfone 5 only....

Can you mention some phones that you feel has similar sound signature as Asus Zenfones?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Can you mention some phones that you feel has similar sound signature as Asus Zenfones?

Sorry, cannot comment on this one as I use my Nationite N2 as my primary music source. If battery backup not an issue I may skip my N2 during my daily commute.

The nearest device would be my lumia 520 without any eq settings but not sure of that...

There one audio wizard app in which you can select the differnt modes like movies, music , speech, gaming, recording & smart mode.

itsakjt

Broken In
I have got the Asus Zenfone 4 and I like it. The UI is smooth and simple. It is fast, camera is excellent for what it is, sound in earphones is good.

What I don't like is the loud speaker which is not that loud. There are some software bugs as well related to audio wizard, auto rotation and camera depth of field mode.

itsaashish

Broken In
hey owners of Zenfone 5..can u please tell me how's the screen brightness in outdoor condition..i'm getting mixed reviews on various sites(propably coz they are using review models).

I heard its respectable but can some owner of Zenfone 5 please confirm?

Reloaded

In the zone
hey owners of Zenfone 5..can u please tell me how's the screen brightness in outdoor condition..i'm getting mixed reviews on various sites(propably coz they are using review models).

10/10. Zenfone 5 has auto brightness so you don’t need to change the screen brightness manually when you go outdoors.

Another thing i noticed, when making calls if you move the phone away from your ear to type something the light automatically comes back and when i bring it back to the ear the light goes off automatically. i found this feature very useful.

Zenfone 5 A501CG is fully loaded for 10k.

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!

I dont understand why people even take this as a consideration while reviewing. What do they expect, a 5", IPS LCD, with 290PPI, powered by an 2110mAh battery to outshine SUN!?

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody tried Updating 457.57MB update file? Is it Kitkat OS?

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
ASUS Pegasus X002 - announced in china for 130 $

*www.gizmochina.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ASUS-pegasus-release-2-393x295.jpg

As for the tech specs, the ASUS Pegasus comes with a 5-inch 1280 x 720p display. There’s a 64-bit 1.5GHz MT6732 processor powering the device along with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage which can be further expanded via MicroSD. At the back, there is an 8MP camera sensor while up front, there is a 5MP shooter. The rear shooter comes with ultra-picture quality mode and can synthesize a number of pictures together to form an ultra-high resolution 30MP image. The phone supports a 2500 mAh battery on board. The Pegasus runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS with Zen UI on top. The Zen UI is smart enough to place your most used apps at the right spot which will save you some time. It supports 4G TD-LTE / TD- CDMA and GSM networks and supports dual SIM dual standby.

Asus unveils Pegasus X002, its $128 Redmi 1S competitor - GSMArena.com news

Last edited:

Reloaded

In the zone
when it available for India or only for china ????

- - - Updated - - -

Share your experiences with Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG !!

Check the review here *www.digit.in/forum/reviews/187308-asus-zenfone-5-review.html
if you have any specific question then ask.

BTW asus is providing updates to their ui almost every day thats crazy. Battery life has improved tremendously. They are serious about their phone venture.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Check the review here *www.digit.in/forum/reviews/187308-asus-zenfone-5-review.html
if you have any specific question then ask.

BTW asus is providing updates to their ui almost every day thats crazy. Battery life has improved tremendously. They are serious about their phone venture.

that takes me more towards zenphone5 and far from moto g2 :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hi guys I'm a new member of Zenfone 5 :)

What more can I say, I'm loving it, specially the big screen, though getting used to it :p

For now, I'm facing two problem
1. For incoming calls, sometimes it shows a slider and sometimes it shows only Accept / Reject button. I love the slider more, but I'm unable to guess how to set it for all calls. Any idea? [Update: Ok this I figured out..!! If the screen is locked it shows slider else it shows button]
2. Whats Next is continuously crashing automatically which displays a popup all the time, it's a bit annoying. Tried restarting the phone, but it didn't helped. Any idea?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Is 4.4.4 available for Zenfone? It's showing 4.4.2 on my z5. And did check update, but no more update is there.
Thats what i am thinking :|

EDIt: checked...its upto 4.4.2.
there were some rumors of it getting Android 5.0 though...sometimes in 2015.

recently got a sample of Zenphone 6 and the battery life was awesome :D
Screenshot_2014-12-08-14-31-12.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

*www.digit.in/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15060&d=1419771988

Reloaded

In the zone
Hi guys I'm a new member of Zenfone 5 :)

What more can I say, I'm loving it, specially the big screen, though getting used to it :p

For now, I'm facing two problem
1. For incoming calls, sometimes it shows a slider and sometimes it shows only Accept / Reject button. I love the slider more, but I'm unable to guess how to set it for all calls. Any idea? [Update: Ok this I figured out..!! If the screen is locked it shows slider else it shows button]
2. Whats Next is continuously crashing automatically which displays a popup all the time, it's a bit annoying. Tried restarting the phone, but it didn't helped. Any idea?

What does the error message say? I never encountered such issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Is 4.4.4 available for Zenfone? It's showing 4.4.2 on my z5. And did check update, but no more update is there.

Kitkat version, latest built no 2.21.40.30

*i.imgur.com/7ZLu5kT.jpg

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
[MENTION=120490]sumonpathak[/MENTION] Yeah I heard that too, Asus confirmed Android L in zenfone series.
[MENTION=140016]Reloaded[/MENTION] Well, it's a generalized message like "What's next is stopped unfortunately" or something like that.

Top Bottom