Asus Zenphone discussion thread - Z4, z5 , z6

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Asus Zenfone discussion thread - Z4, Z5 , Z6

Great Bang for the buck Devices By a bigger brand like Asus these are bound to give Motorola a run for their money who shook the market with Moto E

Will talk about Z5 first as this phone looks to be the Best of the best Under 10,000 rs

The CPU is Intel 1.6 ghz dual core Atom Z2560 .

CPU PErformance -

the CPu performance is so much faster than the usual cheap cortex A7 found here . The processor is more powerful than A snapdragon 400 and as well as Mediatek Octa 6592 in real world applications

though being an intel cpu it could have problems with some apps we will have to wait for the detailed user reviews but bigger apps and games are working fine

GPU PErformance ...

The GPU is faster as well beating out Adreno 305 in snapdragon 400 .. but is slower than MAli 450 in mediatek octa

Hence overall

Mediatek 6592 > intel Atom Z2560 > Snapdragon 400

since there are no snapdragon 400 phones in this range it easily beats out all other phones.. and even beats Moto G easily ..

then the main part that makes this phone stand out is the RAM .. it is confirmed that the RAM is 2gb in the 8 gb Variant ( Rs 9999 )

this is the first time we have got 2 gb ram in under 10,000 rs category and that too from a reputed brand like Asus , not even local players could beat that..

Camera is great as well for the price ( probably the best )..

No doubt the days for Micromax , xolo are over.. for 15k Price bracket Xiaomi takes the Cake with Mi3 and for 10k Price bracket Asus Zenphone eats everyone

Their is literally no competition for these phones.. they are their own competition

Awesome entry into the indian market.. well done asus and xiomi :)

Indian Reviews

Asus ZenFone 5 Review: Setting the Benchmark for Budget Segment | NDTV Gadgets

Asus Zenfone 5 review

ASUS Zenfone 5 Review

Asus Zenfone 5 review - YouTube

Asus Zenfone 5 specifications

5-inch IPS (1280 x 720 pixels) display supports glove touch input with Corning gorilla glass 3 protection
1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 processor
Dual SIM with dual standby (micro SIMs)
Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) with Zen UI, upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
8MP rear camera with LED flash
2MP front-facing camera
10.34 mm thick and weighs 145g
2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB via micro SD
3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
2110 mAh battery

Price - Rs 9,999 ( 8gb) , Rs 13,000 ( 16 gb )

Last edited:

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Woah and wow.. Such a great phone.

I feel bad for Indian brands especially micromax.. I think ASS would be good too as its from ASUS

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
in the meantime samsung continues to be Samesung and shamesung literally :D

Galaxy Ace next

4 inch screen
1.2 ghz single core
3 mp cam with flash
probably 512/768 mb ram
1500 mah battery

Price - 7,400 only

Samsung Galaxy Ace NXT goes on sale in India - GSMArena.com news

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
in the meantime samsung continues to be Samesung and shamesung literally :D

Galaxy Ace next

4 inch screen
1.2 ghz single core
3 mp cam with flash
probably 512/768 mb ram
1500 mah battery

Price - 7,400 only

Samsung Galaxy Ace NXT goes on sale in India - GSMArena.com news

Samsung digging its own grave :D

Dastan

Broken In
Also heard that initially Facebook app was crashing probably due to compatibility issues but asus fixed it with an ota pretty quickly. So we can expect prompt support on software front also.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What about fixed battery?
I read somewhere that ASUS is not very good in providing software upgrades (not bug fixes).
Will there be good developer support?

SunE

Professional Newbie
The Zenfone 4 and Zenfone 5 are great products. I doubt that Zenfone 6 would sell so well.

Dastan

Broken In
What about fixed battery?
I read somewhere that ASUS is not very good in providing software upgrades (not bug fixes).
Will there be good developer support?

Well even moto g has a non removable battery, guess that won't be much of a problem. And asus has promised kitkat update. Most reviews rate zen ui as neat and unobtrusive so it should only improve further with the update i think. But L preview is already here and kitkat days are numbered so that's nothing much to brag about.
Rooting might be possible with time but don't expect any other milestones on development front.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Just came across this page...

Low-Light Camera Output Comparison: ASUS ZenFone 5 vs Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520, Sony Xperia Z1 and HTC One M8 | Lowyat.NET

$hadow

Geek in making
Asus is opening the service center very soon. They are making the tenders for A tier cities first for service center. And very soon wish to open their centers in about 20 cities.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
To my understanding 8gb variants are coming with 1gb ram & 16gb coming with 2gb ram, else why would anyone buy extra 8gb of space with paying extra 3000 when the phone has capacity to use 64gb micro sd card?

- - - Updated - - -

Found the asus launch video
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR1JWyekEKo

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
To my understanding 8gb variants are coming with 1gb ram & 16gb coming with 2gb ram, else why would anyone buy extra 8gb of space with paying extra 3000 when the phone has capacity to use 64gb micro sd card?

- - - Updated - - -

Found the asus launch video
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR1JWyekEKo

it is confirmed by flipkart reviews + video reviews that 8 gb variant is having 2 gb ram..

even asus won't be expecting to sell many units of 16gb model

- - - Updated - - -

Just came across this page...

Low-Light Camera Output Comparison: ASUS ZenFone 5 vs Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520, Sony Xperia Z1 and HTC One M8 | Lowyat.NET

thats great but like said in comments lumia wasn't in night mode.. but still it challenges these flagships is a very big thing and for this price its awesome..

P.s- thread title spelled wrong

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
the bezel size is a bit too large for my own liking..they should have put the 13mp camera on Z5 too ..its a good phone at this price point

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Oh no. All Zenphone models are now out of stock in Flipkart. This looks like a repetitive pattern. Launch a phone. Make it exclusive to a website preferably Flipkart. Keep low stocks. Show the Out of stock label for many days and return with another small tranche of stock and rinse, repeat. Success.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
ahh the sarcasm brigade ..

Well ,it depends on the price you are looking at ..at 10k 8mp is fine ,i was lookng at a bit more higher ..and considering Z6 has a 13mp and thats in phablet category..they could have put it on Z5 ..as Z5 hits the sweet spot with size and all..which is the one most probably everyone gonna buy..they could have put it on the 16gb version for example..
and higher pixels would have helped with their pixelmaster tech which brings down the resolution for better night shots

Top Bottom