[Query] ASUS/Rashi cheating? or the dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayur

Broken In
I suggested my friend to buy a ASUS ATI HD4770 512MB DDR5 graphic card. about a one and half year ago,
last month the card stopped working.
It was sent to asus by my dealer.
after a week or so, dealer said the delay is due
'same card is no longer available',so we waited..
finally some days latter, the dealer said they are going to give a replacement card.. but, the replacement card is about Rs.400 cheaper, as the next higher card is about Rs.500 costlier.. so to get a better card we'll have to pay RS.500...We agreed to pay..:sad:
so after about 1-2 weeks he said that rashi had sent a 512MB version of the card(maybe HD6570) and he had paid Rs.500 also.. so he will return it.. for a 1GB card.
today we got the card (after almost 1 month.) it was saphire HD6450 1GB DDR3 .. I was unsure of it's cost so after returning home i immediately checked flipkart it's cost was Rs.2629.:shock:
as I know the dealer from a long time.. (he is no longer a computer reseller but is still providing warranty.) i mostly believe him..
so my question is what graphic card's should i opt for such that the card costs about Rs.5500 (original cost Rs.4990 + 500 given now=~5500) and is available from rashi!
also suggest what I should do next?:|

OP
M

Mayur

Broken In
I know the dealer for long time..
he won't cheat, it is not him I am worried about.
I am worried about dealing with rashi. (they sent cards twice.. both lower cost ones.)
how does credit note work? what is it actually?
does it mean I need to buy something from rashi only?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Did I use the word cheating?

You got the credit note, then its a good thing. Meaning you get something with the price mentioned on that sheet of paper. You can get something from rashi of the same value, or pay the difference. I think it usually lasts for a month.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Credit note is like a coupon but the difference is it is equivalent to the same amount in cash..But you can't encash it you can use the credit note to buy another hardware and u will have to pay only the difference...and yes you will have to buy it from RASHI only..

And read Sorcerer's question...he will be able to give u some insights as to how to solve this :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you should at at least asked what GPU you are eligible to get as replacement. HD6450 is no match for a HD4770

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Why did you have to pay? What were they offering as a replacement without paying?

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Sounds to me like your dealer screwed you, btw. Or he doesn't know the first thing about GPUs...

Plus, you've also made the mistake of not taking things seriously enough to brush up on GPUs, or ask for help from forum members...

Do you still have the option of changing your mind, or have you ripped the box open and installed it? :)

OP
M

Mayur

Broken In
that does sound like it.. but I've been in business with him for long time..
I have trusted him with more costlier deals, and he has kept my trust,
just that he recently dropped out of computer reselling and does some networking related stuff now, so he's maybe distracted..(let's assume he didn't cheat,)
He did open the box.but all contents and the box are intact.

he did accept to take back the GPU.
right now please can someone please please suggest me the cards in the range Rs 5000 to 5500.
so I can ask him for a specific card.

also I do not live sangli, and believe me not many dealers here know anything about graphic cards..
they only see how much GB's of ram it has!!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Before spending any money: Give me the Rashi RMA number, your location, where you purchased your card/ centre location and the name you spoke in Rashi CC.

OP
M

Mayur

Broken In
Before spending any money: Give me the Rashi RMA number, your location, where you purchased your card/ centre location and the name you spoke in Rashi CC.
I will try to extract that information from my dealer.
Get a 6670. A 6770 if possible, since you're paying extra.
6770 is Rs.7390 on ebay!!:sad:
the baseline is I should probably get at least a HD*6** GPU, ain't I

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
The dealer will have it. Rashi doesn't do rma without the paperwork, even if they know people (even if they know someone "intimately close"). So get the relevant info- or atleast your location where you gave the GPU and the RMA challan number.

leonneel

Broken In
sparkle RMA policy
*Sparkle is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages during transport resulting from improper packaging.
*Products which are out of the warranty period or do not meet the terms of warranty will not be repaired.
*In the event a returned product is no longer available, Sparkle will substitute with another product of similar or greater functionality.
*For the latest warranty terms and conditions and additional information

...i had a sparkle gtx 260 and it died after the 1.7 years of purchase so i sent it to service centre and they told me to call after 2 days so i did and they informed that i will receive a replacement and i got a gtx 560 non ti the next day ! :)....so how about we buy sparkle cards from now :p

OP
M

Mayur

Broken In
update:
sorry for the delay,
got a new XFX HD6570 1GB DDR5
but almost after half hour started to display corrupt image.
*dl.dropbox.com/u/1094905/error.jpg
[I have a sapphire 5570 which works flawlessly.. besides checked the xfx card on 2 other pc's.]
seems luck is not on my side..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
check for overheating. this can be caused by corrupted memory ICs.

BTW, did you received a brand new boxed GPU or a refurbished one?

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Rashi repaired hardwres are as good as a costly paperweight. My(including my friends) experience with rahi rma and repair service has been so awesome that we stopped buying any brand that covered by _ rashi peripherals in India. Specially gpu and motherboards.
R.I.P our experience since 2004-2010. They never disappointed us with their so called state of the art repair service ever. Not one hardware ever served more than two months max after coming back from Angan wadi rashi rma. This big chit-fund company owe me and my friends A LOT of money that we wasted over the products they were covering and that amount is in four big _ digits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom