Are you a criminal now? Users may get 3-yr in jail for viewing torrent site, blocked URL in India

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Re: Are you a criminal now? Users may get 3-yr in jail for viewing torrent site, blocked URL in Indi

Does anyone know why bleacherreport website is blocked in India? I have tried with two isp and both it's blocked. As far as I know it contains football news.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
dont know the reason but someone has mentioned the solution already here in this thread. Just use * instead of * and then it works

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: Are you a criminal now? Users may get 3-yr in jail for viewing torrent site, blocked URL in Indi

Still confused about downloading torrents? Here's what an expert has to say | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysi

axes2t2

I am a cat

Why the hell would anyone even download those crap bollywood movies anyways. :facepalm:. I don't find them worthy of my bandwidth

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

This...

People should surely have something better to do than watching/downloading bolly stuff.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

This...

People should surely have something better to do than watching/downloading bolly stuff.
If you think that's bad, what do you think of a guy who's watching Hindi tv series in you tube?. Believe me I have seen it.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Even if they do, the correct approach is to issue DMCA takedown notices.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

This...

Most Indians DO watch bollywood movies without even considering quality, resolution, format, etc. Hell, most watch camrips of new crappy movies :rofl:

Even if they do, the correct approach is to issue DMCA takedown notices.

DMCA works in USA only.

In India, it is more like this:
Some John Doe: Ayy lmao, we don't like this stuff, so lets get it banned.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

****'s ****ed up, yo.

But seriously, we need a serious Pirate Party in India to tackle such issues related to technology in politics.

patkim

Cyborg Agent

If a URL is blocked at the ISP gateway, it’s anyways inaccessible. I can hit the URL just to view the Warning and nothing happens. So what really constitutes crime?

Accessing the Blocked URL to view the Blocked Notice or still trying other means to circumvent the blockade and then view the content?

For example, going up to the security gate of a restricted area, viewing the security warning & and return from there should not be a crime. Otherwise anyone and everyone walking on the street becomes a criminal.

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

DMCA works in USA only.

In India, it is more like this:
Some John Doe: Ayy lmao, we don't like this stuff, so lets get it banned.

^hey what's John Doe joke?? I didn't get that. I have seen this John Doe thing in many Hollywood movies and TV series..

****'s ****ed up, yo.

But seriously, we need a serious Pirate Party in India to tackle such issues related to technology in politics.

Who will take stand? No one is educated in political parties. Everyone wants Rahul Gandhi and his non sense and Modi..
We need heroic leader like in history books who will bring revolution...

If a URL is blocked at the ISP gateway, it’s anyways inaccessible. I can hit the URL just to view the Warning and nothing happens. So what really constitutes crime?

Accessing the Blocked URL to view the Blocked Notice or still trying other means to circumvent the blockade and then view the content?

For example, going up to the security gate of a restricted area, viewing the security warning & and return from there should not be a crime. Otherwise anyone and everyone walking on the street becomes a criminal.
Accessing/reading/viewing/downloading blocked URL using bypass proxy etc.. this is what govt saying...

nac

Aspiring Novelist

We need heroic leader like in history books who will bring revolution...
No offense to heroic leaders (followers/fans).

Already there are political party leaders have included their biography/history is school books. In another few decades our kids/grand kids would be studying about today's ???? leaders and their achievements and all.:(

deadnoun

Ramesh Iniyan
Sites blocked by Indian Government.

I'm really confused that downloading movies through any torrents is punishable or getting into the site which was blocked by India is???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION],it basically means anybody in India can file a case in any court to get any website/websites blocked citing some reason like piracy,danger to social harmony,peace etc.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz

We need anonymous india to respond

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

A

amit.tiger12

Re: Sites blocked by Indian Government.

There is already thread going on by title "Are you criminal now.. check it..

kunnusingh

Journeyman

I download files via Windows VPS, I compress file in zip folder and rename it to free-opensource-software.zip then I download file. ;)

But I do not download torrents, I do not waste my time in downloading movies,etc.. I only download files like ubuntu linux, big software like open office, etc which is useful for me. For watching movie I watch it on TV.

A

amit.tiger12

^ok..
For that good reason torrent were created..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

I download files via Windows VPS, I compress file in zip folder and rename it to free-opensource-software.zip then I download file. ;)

But I do not download torrents, I do not waste my time in downloading movies,etc.. I only download files like ubuntu linux, big software like open office, etc which is useful for me. For watching movie I watch it on TV.

Two sides of a Coin..a thing can be used for Good or Bad (depends upon the user)

A

amit.tiger12

^Now it's VPN time...

Police Seize Two Perfect Privacy VPN Servers
Police Seize Two Perfect Privacy VPN Servers - TorrentFrea

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom