Are you a criminal now? Users may get 3-yr in jail for viewing torrent site, blocked URL in India

azvnoit

Journeyman
Re: Are you a criminal now? Users may get 3-yr in jail for viewing torrent site, blocked URL in Indi

I use torVPN for browsing only, it is free for 1GB. I used to use hidemyass, which was good at one point of time but didn't keep up. Anther good free option is hola plugin for google chrome. Charges depends upon your usage and some VPN providers provide security features as well.
For torrent I remember back in college where torrents were blocked we used to use zbigz, just sharing the reference code among classmates to get higher storage spaces.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Re: Are you a criminal now? Users may get 3-yr in jail for viewing torrent site, blocked URL in Indi

Realistically, how serious is this ? What does the government care if the content owner is not from India !!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Just stay away from newly released Indian movies(any language) & banned(in India) controversial material(like some politically,religiously sensitive movie/documentary etc) on torrent,file sharing & streaming sites.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

Is this banned?
Watch Castle Online Streaming | CouchTuner FRE

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't think Castle will cause any issue.In fact Castle ended months ago so i doubt even US anti piracy organizations care about it.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

I don't think Castle will cause any issue.In fact Castle ended months ago so i doubt even US anti piracy organizations care about it.
I didn't mean castle actually . I meant the site. It has both ongoing and completed tv series.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

That site is mainly for US tv shows so again it should not be any issue in India.In fact most of the banned file sharing sites & streaming sites are the ones where Indian movies were available on a large scale.If a streaming or file sharing site is not banned in India then most likely it doesn't host much Indian movies to be noticed by Indian movie/copyright industry.

Hrishi

Why the hell would anyone even download those crap bollywood movies anyways. :facepalm:. I don't find them worthy of my bandwidth

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Why the hell would anyone even download those crap bollywood movies anyways. :facepalm:. I don't find them worthy of my bandwidth

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
There are still to many people who do. This has irked a lot of Bollywood bigwigs who might have pulled some political ties to pull something like this.

Seriously, such John Doe appeals need to stop.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

That site is mainly for US tv shows so again it should not be any issue in India.In fact most of the banned file sharing sites & streaming sites are the ones where Indian movies were available on a large scale.If a streaming or file sharing site is not banned in India then most likely it doesn't host much Indian movies to be noticed by Indian movie/copyright industry.
They want to protect our kulcha.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One

^haha. good one.

And with that I remember those legendary lines on TDF

A

amit.tiger12

Which VPN are you using? and whats the charge?

Private Internet Access (PIA) and NordVPN are best as of now...
more reasons to use PIA:
VPN Provider's No-Logging Claims Tested in FBI Case - TorrentFrea
We are removing our Russian presence - PI

Some free VPN's good for browsing only purpose..
"Free VPN service keeps logs, sometimes they sell users information to 3rd party, sometime they comply with DMCA and give them user's data . It is not good for torrenting.."
1. Zenmate
2. Betternet
3. CyberGhost
4. TunnelBear

and how safe are VPNs?

Verify your vpn to see if it is working properly

IP/DNS Detect - What is your IP, what is your DNS, what informations you send to websites
*ipv6leak.com/
DNS leak tes
*www.cogipas.com/is-my-vpn-working/
*torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php
*www.bestvpn.com/blog/11984/check-torrent-ip/
*www.doileak.com

Vpn logs Activity (Usage) Logs:
These are the kind of logs that you need to worry about and stay away from any provider that keeps such logs.
The activity logs, also known as usage logs, are the details about your internet activity like the websites you visited, videos you watched, etc.

Connection Logs:
Almost all vpn services keep connection logs. These logs pertain to the time duration of your vpn connection, the servers you connected, different IPs you connect to, the switches you made between vpn servers, and other similar information regarding your vpn sessions.
These logs are not harmful if used ethically and some of the best vpn services use them to resolve technical issue and improve their overall performance.

Always read the privacy policy of the vpn provider.

There is no 100% guaranteed way to keep you safe online

Other than VPN Tools

1. Proxies
- check *www.whatismyip.com
Proxy Server Lists
www.freeproxylists.net/
*proxylist.hidemyass.com/
*sockslist.net/

2. IPFiltering - list of addresses and ranges of malicious peers that will transmit junk data (i.e. anti-P2P) or peers that may be intrusive on your net privacy.

3. Seedboxes

*seedboxgui.de/seedbox/ - Seedbox host list

4. ipmagnet
5. checkmytorrentipaddress - *torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php
6. Peerblock (*www.peerblock.com/)
Peerblock IP List - *www.iblocklist.com/lists.php
7. VPNCheck

Facts about VPN's
Depending on the host and what they offer, slow down your internet speeds.
Bandwidth usage be can be tracked, as you are using ISP's internet to connect.

I use torVPN for browsing only, it is free for 1GB. I used to use hidemyass, which was good at one point of time but didn't keep up. Anther good free option is hola plugin for google chrome. Charges depends upon your usage and some VPN providers provide security features as well.
For torrent I remember back in college where torrents were blocked we used to use zbigz, just sharing the reference code among classmates to get higher storage spaces.
other than zbigz there was a big name which allows to use 10gb torrent and no accout for privacy.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz

Welcome to digital India

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funskar

Padawan

Get expressvpn .. 8.32$/month if u buy it for a year or else 12.95$/month

A

amit.tiger12

Indian ISPs Speed Up BitTorrent by 'Peering' With a Torrent Site
Indian ISPs Speed Up BitTorrent by 'Peering' With a Torrent Site - TorrentFrea

sygeek

Technomancer

My ISP still has local peering for torrents, gives great speeds. Why should I stop using when the ISP themselves are encouraging torrent usage?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Using torrents in India is not an issue,using torrents to download a newly released(or leaked before official release) Indian movie is.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

Does anyone know why bleacherreport website is blocked in India? I have tried with two isp and both it's blocked. As far as I know it contains football news.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

It is working on some isp.You may try contacting your isp for the copy of the order that says this site is in the list of blocked sites but a much better & simpler solution would be to use some proxy site(there are many).

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Get a VPS server, make your own vpn.. enjoy ;)

Top Bottom