Are Game Soundtracks worth listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as the gaming industry is progressing & trying to be professionals in evry area -> the sound department of the games is also developing
Orchestras are being conducted for games and Music industries are booming.
Its even opened up a new career: MUSIC DESIGNER for games

So is the music worth it?
Even digit has given OSTs of the Chronicles of Riddick, Disney & Tarzan & PoP SoT....

Which Game OST u enjoy? How many of u & which soundtracks are enlisted in your playlists?
List em

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Dont know about the career part but yes, I like in-game music too. I just have the music from Max Payne, Max Payne 2, NFSUG, NFSUG2, PoP:SoT, DN3D and some others. My favorites happen to be the music from the Unreal/UT series, the end title song for PoP:SoT, "Late Goodbye" by Poets of the Fall in Max Payne 2 and my all time favorite, the "A Million Dollar Question" soundtrack from Max Payne 2.

sanolution

Broken In
cmon man havent u played HALO the track of that is like dyin stuff and believe me i was addicted seriously if u r fuck in intrested listen to those

fnatic@play

Broken In
oh yeah.. UT rocks in the field too.. check out the tracks man.. they are awesome... (obviously all techno)... n then NFS UG2... OH YEAH...

vysakh

Padawan
POP SOT has good music and i vote that POP WW has better. Of course they are worth listening to if u really like western music. Even NFS U and U2 have greaaaaaat music

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i have a full section dedicated to gamemusic in my music collection, which has over 80+ favorite game soundtracks incl of tracks frm resident evil series, ridge racer , doom3 , pop sot, nfsu, maxpayne, enter the matrix, deus ex, final fantasy ,tenchu,freedom fighters,halo,vampire the masqurade bloodlines,nolf,etc etc etc, too much of them ..............
and i like them all.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hey most game musics are irritating. The music from Riddick nd POP were not upto the mark.
Only the soundtracks from UT04 was fairly enough.

GameAddict

In the zone
Loved OSTs of Silent Hill series

Hi,

I loved listening to creepy OSTs of Silent Hill series.They were good! Anybody got the collection?

Bye!

GA

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I am surprised no one mentioned...
"Freedom Fighters" a great orchestral soundtrack...

And LOTR:ROTK altough the track is from the movie itself... But still it can called as the game's...

Other I like are Fifa 2003's songs especially "Complicated Remix" and MP2 and Mafia...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
enoonmai said:
Dont know about the career part but yes, I like in-game music too. I just have the music from Max Payne, Max Payne 2, NFSUG, NFSUG2, PoP:SoT, DN3D and some others. My favorites happen to be the music from the Unreal/UT series, the end title song for PoP:SoT, "Late Goodbye" by Poets of the Fall in Max Payne 2 and my all time favorite, the "A Million Dollar Question" soundtrack from Max Payne 2.

m8 how did u get the OST of NFS ug n UG2?? i need em too..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@bala....ding ding ding Let me give ya a small hint....Torrent!!!!!!!! :D

Ut And all its Version soundtracks are the ultimate piece of High Adrenaline Action Push ups for me.....So "die B1tch" :wink:

Soundtracks are the Most vital parts of the game's today....The Final fantasy Series soundtrack was a whole Orchestra Type experience :D Also they had a serparate Live concert of some of its tracks 8)

bharathbala2003

why need title?
:D ok m8 got the hint :D never thought of it at all :lol: ok lemme go grab sum nice hot music..

btw jus kurious r these soundtracks developed esp for the game or they get rights from sum one who already sang it.. cos in us u got a lotta rappers who perform at club levels.. :D

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Well most of the games have irritating music like the radio station of GTA VC, but some games like NFS UG and UG2 have some HOT tracks !!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@bharathbala2003/allwyndlima: Actually, no Torrent or P2P. Just started playing them via EA trax on one computer while ran an audio cable out to Audacity on another computer in recording mode. :lol: You CANNOT rip the tracks. MP2 and others were easily ripped, but NFSUG2, uh-huh, no way! They're extremely secure.

@rachitboom2: One man's meat is another man's poison. I personally loved the radio on GTA-VC. I still laugh at the antics on VCPR. :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I love music composed by Jespyr Kyd. So Hitman series soundtrack and Freedom Fighters soundtrack are at top. So are the "Poets of The Fall" from Max Payne 2. The Late Goodbye song is just too good!

moshel

Padawan
POP music from the digit dvd was gr8. Songs in fifa 2003 are the ones i liked the most. even nfs UG had good songs. Lord of the rings soundtrack is the best in all of its versions. ]

OK how to get these soundtracks into our playlists. EA sports games songs are in .asf format and so thats not a problem. but in some games there are songs in one file for eg. sounds.dat now i come to know that songs are coming from this file. so how to open that or if there is some other extension. or any other way to rip music?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
NikhilVerma said:
I am surprised no one mentioned...
"Freedom Fighters" a great orchestral soundtrack...

i did mention it.........this one can not be missed :D

have a full section dedicated to gamemusic in my music collection, which has over 80+ favorite game soundtracks incl of tracks frm resident evil series, ridge racer , doom3 , pop sot, nfsu, maxpayne, enter the matrix, deus ex, final fantasy ,tenchu,freedom fighters,halo,vampire the masqurade bloodlines,nolf,etc etc etc, too much of them ..............
and i like them all.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@moshel: I had a long post somewhere on the forums here on ripping NFSU/U2 music. Take a look at how its nearly impossible to rip them straight from the files containing them.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15014&p=136282#136282

EA has started using such extreme protection systems since they figured everyone was ripping their music from the game CDs. Ripping other game tracks are relatively easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom