Are Game Soundtracks worth listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashis

In the zone
:lol: After I complit playing a game....I usally save its Sound Track..It works like a charm :!:

........aaaahhhaaa...How good it feels to listing to those old Memories...Nostalgia :D ..n all those adventure comes alive in the mind :wink:

Iii... I dont know how u guys feel about it. :roll:
But it means a lot to me :idea:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i just got the Half Life 2 soundtrack...it's made up of like 45 tracks....most r les than a minute long...a lil disappointed bcoz of that....but i thought HL2 had a gr8 soundtrack...of course, nothing beats the NFS games when it comes 2 peppy soundtracks...even the EA sports titles have gr8 music trax...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@enoo....well u had ur way and i had my way of obtaining the tracks....i feel the torrent way was the easiest and no fuss no pain downloadin the whole exclusive list of tracks :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Doesn't matter where you get the soundtrack from as long as you get to hear it. Prof ripped it, Allwyn used torrent and me downloaded it from some links!

Btw, when one pays for the game, isin't one entitled to get the songs as well? So is EA's encryption of the songs justified?

moshel

Padawan
ctrl_alt_del said:
Btw, when one pays for the game, isin't one entitled to get the songs as well? So is EA's encryption of the songs justified?

I think it is justified. Cos EA pays for these songs, and if they are easily available in the market, then EA wont get the price back which it paid. so i think it is ok for EA to encrypt the songs.

And also these songs are made for the game, u have to buy the game and play it to listen to these songs.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Ofcourse if EA pays for these songs, I am sure the cost of procuring these songs too is passed onto us. So if we are paying for the game, aren't we in essence, paying for the songs as well?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
really dosent matter if ea gives the songs of the games we pay for . we finally get them the other way ;). u can't stop a fan from gettin his favorites . "i got riders on the storm" frm p2p.

vysakh

Padawan
enoonmai said:
Just started playing them via EA trax on one computer while ran an audio cable out to Audacity on another computer in recording mode.

i did this way, using audacity but with one difference. I changed my audio input from the micorphone to the speakers to get perfect quality and so i was able to do it on the same computer.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:
Ofcourse if EA pays for these songs, I am sure the cost of procuring these songs too is passed onto us. So if we are paying for the game, aren't we in essence, paying for the songs as well?

yup cody definetly agree with ya but thats what we consider from our point of view of purchasing the game but EA Dosent see it from that point of view but rather it just needs a overall boost for its games sales.....If in this process the Game's soundtrack is a major hit then they definetly must release a separate Audio Soundtrack Add-on along with the game as a Bonus Pack So that the soundtrack fans have the very pleasure of playing the tracks separately and not from the game itself :wink:
But Since EA porvides high encryption for Its Games audio and Video files its tough for users to actually rip it in a simple way,Hence resorting to other ways like i used Via the P2P :D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well, 1 thing 2 consider here is that not too many ppl buy original games...y should EA let u play the game sound track easily if u got it a pirated copy??? just a thought...i guess artists would want a higher royalty if they didnt provide the encryption....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Nemesis, they just dont care if you get the legal or the pirated copy. Either way, the only way to get the songs is to download them via P2P, record them or use the EA Trax section from inside the games. They dont distinguish between pirated and legal copies. Everyone of them is denied access to the tracks.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
well if u ask me games soundtracks are worth a buck!!!!
my fav game soundtrack inlcudes:
1. NFS posrche 2000
it had some really groovy and techno tracks....the playlist was one of my fav.
2. NFS UG
consisted mainly of hip hops but again a nice collection of tracks and specially the opening track....
3. Medal of Honor....
the soundtrack of this game can give any movie soundtrack a run for their money..

ENjoy :)

Arachnid

Broken In
StarCraft terran theme. Man I always harp about that one.

Painkiller soundtracks - The credits track simply rocks.

Quake 2. Q3A pretty much sucked and Sonic Mayhem really lost it with all the electronica crap in there.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey for me the sound tracks of these games simpe rock---->
:arrow: NFS-U2 (esp. the sound track from PAUL VAN DYK)
:arrow: POP-SOT ( the arabian type of music is really soothing)
:arrow: NHL-2003 (ROCK type of music, but it rocks :p )
:arrow: FIFA 2005 demo (the song in wich the singer says "OO WAT A GOALL!)

T

Tux

ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey for me the sound tracks of these games simpe rock---->

:arrow: FIFA 2005 demo (the song in wich the singer says "OO WAT A GOALL!)

nOT ONLY THAT ONE.
every song ROCKS IN FULL VERSION

ratzee199

Journeyman
game soundtrack

i love ut'o4 ,original ut,maxpayne 2's late goodbye,also love the nightfire soundtrack(damn! im inlove with 007).also lotr:bfme,and SYSTEM SHOCK 2's creepy sound.but the top 1 is SHODAN'S voice(when i 1st heard it in 2000 i couldn't sleep that night).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom