Are 3D Mark 06' scores to be trusted?

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
My friend bought new PC some months ago. He uses it mainly for gaming and movies, he's bought a i3 2100 and Nvidia Geforce 8400GS (didn't ask me before buying). So I decided to show him how his computer sucked big time in gaming and we ran 3D Mark 06' on his PC and the score came 1761. My (4yr old) old computer got score of 4671. Afterwards I forgot about this whole incident.

So this happened that my uncle wanted to buy a new PC to do some basic graphic designing work, so I suggested him to get a Pentium G620 processor and run it on onboard graphics. I ran 3D Mark 06' on it just out of curiosity and the scores came 2300. I called my friend and told him about it and asked him to remove his graphic card and take the test. He did that and score came 2652.

So does that mean HD2000 is bettere than dedicated 8400GS? Is it advisable to completely remove his graphic card and use the onboard solution? Are 3D Mark scores to be trusted completely?

OP
6Diablo9

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - Video Card Look Up

AMD Radeon 6550D Vs Intel HD 2000 | Compare Processors

Wow, I didn't know these onboard IGPs and APUs were these much powerful, even powerful than many of dedicated HTPC cards. I'll have to show him this chart.:smile:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Wow, I didn't know these onboard IGPs and APUs were these much powerful, even powerful than many of dedicated HTPC cards. I'll have to show him this chart.:smile:

8400GS is a very weak GPU of past generation.

Current Gen IGP o Liano and Sandy Bridge are good enough to Give a run for the money to even some current gen low end GPU for some applications.

Top Bottom