Apple's WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well its gonna b a very long wait ... coz its not gonna happen .... all that he is gonna say 'immature comment 1....2 ....n' nothing else. what he does is 'quiet acceptance with forced denial' (happens in a debate when u are opposing with no valid points)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gxsaurav said:
oh, sure do so, plz also mention the ir-relevent info that i post here

i will do the same. & U can post whatever u like, i will simply report whats trolling & without any proper point

Brorg, Windows had "Windows backup" from a long time, which ok, was not able to restore an individual file, but 100 such other applications exist for Windows, in no way, it "new & first time" for Mac users. just check norton ghost, Acronis true image etc

PS: Still waiting for fair arguement

*img411.imageshack.us/img411/5898/crybaby2zf7.gif

mAV3 said:
well its gonna b a very long wait ... coz its not gonna happen .... all that he is gonna say 'immature comment 1....2 ....n' nothing else. what he does is 'quiet acceptance with forced denial' (happens in a debate when u are opposing with no valid points)

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

:D :D just as i said, no point to argue, just trolling

andy, did u ever had a point to say anything other then ranting lol, that kid so reminds me of u...crying cos there is no one out there, who has used a mac like u, who knows how good/bad they are

seriously man, 3 posts, & i m asking just one thing, fair comparision, this is how u mac users always act, trying to flaunt as elitist, cos u r minority

yaar, u really made my day, i used to think u are bad in computing & discussion, now i got proof:D

to all others

even after 100 posts, he will still troll, still he will be unable to give a valid point of discussion, still he will act like "Mac rox, period", & when we ask why so, his answer will be "Mac Rox, period" :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mail2and said:
*img411.imageshack.us/img411/5898/crybaby2zf7.gif
... what happnd some1 took ur mac... oh he just realised that mac OS aint as good as windows ... happy realization .... dont cry bro v are here to help u ....:D

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gxsaurav said:
yaar, u really made my day, i used to think u are bad in computing & discussion, now i got proof:D

Bingo! You actually needed proof? aww..

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

lol, now u don't even know what to say...:D

yeah, i do needed proof that u r a Mac Fanatic, now atleast everyone can see it themselves how much u troll with no valid points

& by the way, don't worry, just buy another Apple or Egg, if your apple is stolen or doesn't work with most things out there. atleast its a "powerhouse in a tiffin box"

G

gxsaurav

nothing rahul, just some trolling as always he does, with no valid points

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
gx, andy - cut it out. If you must go the Win vs Mac way, please do so in Fight Club, and more importantly, keep the personal remarks out of this forum.

G

gxsaurav

point noted, but all i was asking for, that he stops trolling & provides some valid point to justify why Mac are better & why Mac users are better

G

gxsaurav

mAV3 said:
... ah a diplomat !!!

lol, maybe

time to stop discussing here, as always i m left alone here, with no answer from the white side, & why it's better

OP
B

borg

In the zone
Yes, the concept of backup has always existed for a long time. Its nothing new, neither for Windows nor for Mac OS X. There are third party utilities out there which accomplish more or less the same. Apple has integrated this feature in the OS itself in a way that is very very easy for novice users. I mean timemachine can be used by absolutely anybody.

Only thing I can't understand it is how Apple has implemented this. I mean, in the keynote, Apple said that 'everything' is backed up'. So how much HDD space does this thing take up?. Seems quite a lot of space will be used up. But can't say anything much at this point.

And regarding spaces. As discussed earlier, its nothing more than a glorified rip off of virtual desktops, which has been available in GNU/Linux for years. I think this point should be made very clear to Mac users as to whos doing the copying (Linux has copied from Mac & Windows like hell also). Though I have to admit that Apple has done a much better job of implementing this feature. The problem with Linux people is that they simply don't have any experience in building consumer grade OSs. They simply don't know/can't understand/don't want to know what consumers want from an OS. Though things are getting better, I feel Linux users are still stuck in their own little cocoon oblivious to whats outside.

Last edited:

Venom

Journeyman
Gx, being the windows fanboy you are, tell me a thing. You say almost all mac stuff are present in windows or available as 3rd party, but, do you buy each thing ? Or do you just be like others, and warez it.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
fatbeing said it and I am saying it again.
- No personal remarks
- No windows v/s mac v/s linux v/s whatever OS of your choice.
Just stick to the topic.
Anyone violating this next will face the consequences.

G

gxsaurav

Venom

I buy those application legally which I find worth buying. I got original Windows XP Pro OEM which I bought over 4 years ago. I just backup my activation file so no need to re-activate all the times

Most of the application I use for my work are either free, or uber costly, like 3ds Max, Photoshop etc, I can't pay Rs 1.86 lakh for 3Ds Max man, so I pirate it.

In case of apple, as andy said ones they bundle ilife & one of the Mac Ads try to convince us that Windows can do nothing that mac can do cos it doesn't have ilife, I mean, they even try to convince us that Windows comes with calculator only & there is no media player, movie maker, IM client in it by default. The thing is, they sale ilife & also bundle it for free with the Macs, saving themselves from Lawsuits, but if MS does it, they will be charged by a lawsuit, stating it's their monopoly act to kill the competition

Even providing WMP in Europe was stated as monopoly

Linux users are programmers, they are not designers, they don't know how to make it user friendly, all the know is how to manage the dependency hell etc. They talk about dll hell on Windows, lol, they compare Ubuntu 6.06 with Windows 98SE

we need more professionally paid designers like everaldo

back to the topic

This years WWDC was less then expected, whole year i was thinking Apple would thrash Vista with cool new features etc, which will be worth upgrading to leopard, but after watching the Stevenote, i don't think even leopard is ready

They only showed 10 features saying "we don't want other to be copied" this line is something i really hated, & the cult like Mac users should understand it, Mac are good designed machines, I still like the old round base iMac, although costly, but their users are pathetic minded, they treat themselves as elite cos they don't use Windows which the majority of people use, they think they are better then the rest, despite the fact that they also face problem, which as usual they never admit.

The only way i interpret the line above is "It's not stable enough yet"

Last edited by a moderator:

goobimama

 Macboy
...with zovnyache's like these roaming around, shouting out that Grapes are indeed sour (when in fact, grapes are lovely. In fact, grapes are my favourite fruit!) what discussion can one have?

How many times have I had to reinstall Windows on my PC? August 05, November 05, March 06, A week ago. How many times does one have to reinstall a Mac OS? .... And I use Firefox, Ad-aware, Trend Micro firewall/Antivirus...This is enough of a reason for me to leave the Windows platform...

Have you seen my display? 178 degrees horizontal. I know one can get a separate display in the market, but where in India at least, is the entire computer fitted behind the display?

The other day my DVD writer started giving errors. Just called up my Apple dealer, within two days his guy came and replaced the writer. Now tell me where I would have been with my regular PC walla? I can almost hear him say...just give me two days...and then another...and another.

Screw iLife. Ever tried Quicksilver, Awaken, Outliner...Apps which 'really' make a difference. And they come each with their own style of elegance and beauty. One feels like working.

I think my internet hours are running out and BSNL will get new recharges only in a week.....Ciao.

[Nobody say that I'm sucking up my Parents money, cause it isn't. Its my own. I myself paid for the iMac as well as the Logitech Z5500]

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

goobimama

just as i said in one of my replies previously, if u know how to work & manage windows, u won't have any trouble, now if u yourself click on a mail in which there is a link to download free video of paris hilton & a virus downloads then it's your stupidity. If u don't know how to work & manage don't blame the OS , blame yourself

I last installed Windows in june 06, cos my old harddisk crashed, before that it was installed in November 2005, before that, June 2004. Even i can say that, i don't need to install my OS, cos i know how to work on it

Read above, i clearly said, Mac are good machines although expensive, i also like the design, not the new iMac, but the old round base imac. it's just they charge more then similarly configured PC

we are not talking about Service here, even i get my DVD writer replaced in 2 hr, all u need to know is how to have jugard

oh & for your info, i have used Macs, just not Tiger

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom