Apple iPhone 5C to start from Rs 30,000 and iPhone 5S from 52,900 :O

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
*1.bp.blogspot.com/-G9_FB67gMHU/UjRAlPVWtjI/AAAAAAAABbo/89pDVgtT_h0/s640/iPhone5sPricesinIndia.jpg

Apple had released the much awaited iPhone 5S last week. As usual the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C will arrive in India later than the usual world-wide release. Though the release is expected sometime in December.

An online shopping site Saholic has already put up the iPhone 5S under its "Coming-Soon" tab but a quick look under the HTML code of web page gave us a peak at what could be the launch price of the iPhone 5S in India.

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-kFPqFEFS2Ng/UjRAe5N7lBI/AAAAAAAABbg/nSrOiKlJ6KQ/s640/iPhone5sPricesindiaHTML.jpg

According to the source-code of the web page the iPhone 5S 16 GB will sell for Rs 52,900, the 32 GB for Rs.55000 and the 64GB for Rs.59500.

*1.bp.blogspot.com/-cW7td2xI6KQ/UjQ8hsVQQ4I/AAAAAAAABbU/ZdI26IUzquo/s640/iPhone5Cprices-India.jpg

Apple announced the iPhone 5C this week and what seemed to be a cheaper iPhone doesn't seem to be that cheap for the Indian consumer. When indians think of cheap they think of featured filled phones under Rs 10,000.

Though the site Saholic, and online portal for consumer technology has put the iPhone 5C with a tag "Coming Soon" a little peak into the source code of the site gave us the following :

*3.bp.blogspot.com/-cWrISJ05LMg/UjQ8BkzqehI/AAAAAAAABbE/wPra7AR6Npg/s640/Screen+Shot+2013-09-14+at+3.48.07+PM.png

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-_fo7rF-yp3o/UjQ8CLubFkI/AAAAAAAABbI/aLFNrYt2tCU/s640/Screen+Shot+2013-09-14+at+3.49.12+PM.png

From what we see in the Pictures above the iPhone will supposedly launch for Rs 30000 for the 16GB model and Rs 35500 for the 32 GB model.

Apple to Launch the iPhone 5S for Rs 52,900 - 16GB, Rs 55,000 - 32GB and Rs 59,500 for 64GB in India. | Gizolo - The Gadget Blog
iPhone 5C To Launch in India at Rs 30000 for 16GB and Rs 35,500 for 32GB | Gizolo - The Gadget Blog

dalbir

Broken In
i was curious to know about the price of 5S when i saw a newspaper quoting the price of 5S around 13000(thirteen thousands)
it must be the those printing setters who might have heard it 13000(thirteen thousands) in spite of 30000(thirty thousands)
:-x

ujjwal007

Lost in games
i was curious to know about the price of 5S when i saw a newspaper quoting the price of 5S around 13000(thirteen thousands)
it must be the those printing setters who might have heard it 13000(thirteen thousands) in spite of 30000(thirty thousands)
:-x

i saw that too in danik bhaskar.. lol people was like oh yea i will buy a apple iphone for 13 thousands..i was like ok ok :oops: hehe

btw i m wondering why the price difference is just 2100 in between iphone 5s 16 gb and 32gb?? wth! something is wrong here. there must be atleast difference of 5000 bucks :/

raksrules

Youngling
LOL Iphone 4 with single core cpu,512mb ram and 3.5 inch screen is currently selling at 25k.

You do realize iPhone uses iOS as OS and not android OS. So the comparison of RAM and cores in CPU does not hold water here. Both OSes works differently with hardware.
It's like comparing a MAC based laptop and windows based laptop.
Have a 3GS as well with single core and 256 MB RAM and temple run game still works absolutely fine smoothly.

raksrules

Youngling
Anyone know when exactly it is going to launch ? Asking because my brother wants to get either an iPhone 4 or 4S and their prices will reduce officially only when iPhone 5C is launched here.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
FAIL!
More and more people are realising day by day that iPhone is an overpriced POS.

Its actually not like that, its simply that "informed" knows this for ages. No offense to any one but I see iPhone only in hands of those people around me those have lots of money but little knowledge about technology or those who so much blinded by "Sparkling" Apple brand name that they can't see anything else. Other day a guy was showing his iPhone features and stuff to other person and he was feeling very smart about it. I was smiling :)

d3p

PowerHouse
I want to kill that Noob Head, who made this Thread & Named it "BUDGETED iPhone 5C".... apple noobism

Budget iphone 5c awaiting long

Its actually not like that, its simply that "informed" knows this for ages. No offense to any one but I see iPhone only in hands of those people around me those have lots of money but little knowledge about technology or those who so much blinded by "Sparkling" Apple brand name that they can't see anything else. Other day a guy was showing his iPhone features and stuff to other person and he was feeling very smart about it. I was smiling :)

That's because Phones Made by Apple are POS [Piece of Crap]

raksrules

Youngling

But don't you agree there are people out there who want the device for whatever it offers and understand perfectly the limitations of the same. People who know other OSes have lots more features and screen sizes but have their own reasons to go with iPhone.
If one makes a generic statement that everyone buying iPhone is dumb and others are smart then that is totally wrong.
I use an iPhone and perfectly understand what it does and more so what it does not do vis-a-vis android (have android too). But since it fits perfectly for me as my daily driver i use the phone.
But agree that there are people who would buy phone for show off and more importantly because they have money to buy one. But then we have high end flasghips from sony and samsung which too are equally expensive (keeping aside features they offer).

Also for people who wish to resell their iPhone it makes sense because it can fetch better resale value even after 2 years or so and buying one which is a 2 year old model won't really cause any problem because everything (apps i mean) will work as expected, even the latest ones, except may be a few high end games.

Last edited:

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
I didn't mean to imply in any way that iPhone users are dumb or android users are smart. We have samples equally distributed both sides of the camp :p
All I am saying is people are realising iPhone's shortcomings and also the fact that Apple, instead of addressing them pulls off more gimmicky cr@p to it's users.
Also I stand by my statement, iPhone, compared to other flagships, is indeed a POS.

d3p

PowerHouse
I guess, few Months & Few Yrs back, Apple had one big complain against Samsung phones, that they looked too alike. Which they actually sued over that design. Which is kind of the point. And this is Apple Today trying to copy the same design, which Nokia Lumia 620 Followed.

*s3.cdn.memeburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Nokia-Lumia-620.jpg

*s1.cdn.memeburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iPhone-5C-with-cover.jpg

IMO these bubble gum phones are ugly. Those plastic bubble gum things, don't really appeal to me.

I think Apple is going low tier, but pricing it like high tier phones.(5c). This pricing can also be done, once Apple brings down the price, in the emerging markets, they can still make huge profits in top markets. If they price their phones now too cheap from the beginning, they can't rake in the profits from the top markets, this way they might be able to have two simultaneous pricing strategies in different markets. Which US has one high price, but then in India in China these things are way cheaper, this is also where Nokia phones sell.(and look quite familiar)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Bluetooth, no file manager, mmc slots are shortcomings from pov of those who dont use ecosystem
Apple's arbitrary app selection procedure, content competition with nintendo and sony, regional restrictions of app availibility are the real problems with the ecosystem.

Androids argument is that it is better because dvices are cheaper? All hate filled statements that follow are textbook examples of confirmation bias. LOL. Apple ecosystem is muuuch cheaper.

raksrules

Youngling
You are an Apple fanboi. Aren't you?

If anyone who likes and appreciates a particular platform over other and that makes the person a fanboy then I am as there are andorid fanboys and wp fanboys and such.
Do you have anything specific to ask ?
Btw I used to be apple hater but that was without even using any of their devices. But today I own multiple devices from them and personally me and my family members are content with it. I just like how they work for me and makes my life easier.
Btw I own android phone as well albeit old one ZTE blade. So I am not a blind iSheep as they call and I fully know the limitations of the phone and platform I am using.

Top Bottom