Apple iPhone 5C to start from Rs 30,000 and iPhone 5S from 52,900 :O

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
If anyone who likes and appreciates a particular platform over other and that makes the person a fanboy then I am as there are andorid fanboys and wp fanboys and such.
Do you have anything specific to ask ?
Btw I used to be apple hater but that was without even using any of their devices. But today I own multiple devices from them and personally me and my family members are content with it. I just like how they work for me and makes my life easier.
Btw I own android phone as well albeit old one ZTE blade. So I am not a blind iSheep as they call and I fully know the limitations of the phone and platform I am using.

Just ignore them as most people here are Apple haters and dont really understand the pros and cons of both ecosystem ;)

raksrules

Youngling
Just ignore them as most people here are Apple haters and dont really understand the pros and cons of both ecosystem ;)

I love apple products but won't blindly defend them. They are bloody expensive I admit. All devices I own are bought used So never paid full price.
5c is a sham and opportunist apple is cashing on them and milking customers.
I am deliberately looking for iPhone 4 today because I know it is still jailbreak able on 6.1.3 and still a very capable phone.

amjath

Human Spambot
big news: 5c released for China unicorn especially [no deny in that] but how is it standing in numbers - very bad
China Unicom announces that 100,000 iPhone 5s and 5c phones were pre-ordered - GSMArena Blog

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I am deliberately looking for iPhone 4 today because I know it is still jailbreak able on 6.1.3 and still a very capable phone.

These devices are like pokemon - got to have em all. Ipod 2nd gen on ios 4.x without jailbreak still runs some of the highest rated apps

amjath

Human Spambot
Another stock issue
AllThingsD: carriers indicate lower than usual iPhone 5s stock ahead of Friday's launch

Chainsaw

Team Digit
I doubt that iPhone 5c 16GB will start at 30K in India. This seems to be more like a placeholder fill from Saholic content team till the actual price is finalized. It also gets them that extra bit of traffic and awareness.

Historically, Apple have never priced the iPhones in India lower to the US unlocked price. iPhone 5c costs 549$ in US, equals to Rs. 35K approx in India as a direct conversion. The iPhone 5 was priced at 649$ in US (Rs.36K at $ exchange rate of 55, at the time of IP5 launch). But, in India it was offered at 44.5K.

Using the same "view source" method, I tried looking for the Lumia 1020 price and heres what I got!

<meta name="Description" content="Buy Nokia Lumia 1020 at 14999.0. All mobile phones are 100% Original and carry full Manufacturers Warranty since we procure directly from the Brand. Free Next Day Delivery." />

So, rest assured iPhone 5C at 30K is so not true.

d3p

PowerHouse
Using the same "view source" method, I tried looking for the Lumia 1020 price and heres what I got!

<meta name="Description" content="Buy Nokia Lumia 1020 at 14999.0. All mobile phones are 100% Original and carry full Manufacturers Warranty since we procure directly from the Brand. Free Next Day Delivery." />

So, rest assured iPhone 5C at 30K is so not true.

No offense, but you really think Nokia Lumia 1020 will be costing 15k in India ?? No matter how many coupon codes you use over eBay, you still end up paying 20k + for this phone.

raksrules

Youngling
I hope iPhone 5c fails miserably. The price is insane and do not hope for anything less than 35k in India for the base model.
Better deal for anyone wanting to buy iPhone is either buy the iPhone 5 used or iPhone 4S used.

Chainsaw

Team Digit
No offense, but you really think Nokia Lumia 1020 will be costing 15k in India ?? No matter how many coupon codes you use over eBay, you still end up paying 20k + for this phone.

Yeah, you missed my point. I was responding to the original topic of this thread, which said that the iPhone 5C will cost 30K as per saholic (view source method). But, that isn't the case. The example of the Nokia 1020 was a proof that the prices filled in by the Saholic content team are just random numbers. iPhone 5C will not come at 30K and the Nokia Lumia 1020 from what i know of (my reliable sources), will cost 42-50K.

So the base of this thread, which is relying on the numbers captured via the view source method is not valid.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am no hater, infact I will always admire Apple for its iPhone, this is because of iPhone we have current generation of full touch phones those even gave established Qwerty (BB) run for money.

Other thing which is not discussed here is that iPhone is super optimized for hardware on which it runs.. something similar to PS3 games which runs super cool but to get similar quality on PC , you may need a lot more powerful PC.

But, iPhone are really made for masses (those are rich). If you need something simple and fancy, its iPhone.. And if you need something to explore and interesting then go for Android. Not to forget better better specs you get with Android at better better prices.

raksrules

Youngling
iPhone is termed as product for rich because it has only or flagship and OS always priced at premium.
Andorid too has 40k+ phones but the we also get a 10k andorid which makes it more attractive for end user. Also if you are ok buying 2 year old phone the. iPhone comes in reasonable range.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Wrong pricing. If the 16GB costs 52,900 then the 32GB should cost 59,900 not less than that.

P.S. Although I agree the price is quite unreasonable.

amjath

Human Spambot
touch id hacked
Chaos Computer Club says it's beaten Apple's Touch ID fingerprint reader (video)

sksundram

In the zone
Gold 5S sold for $10k
*s6.postimg.org/7xv4d55mp/401138_10_000_gold_iphone_5s_ebay.jpg

Gold iPhone 5s Sells for $10K on eBay | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Top Bottom