Apple iPhone 5C and 5S available for Free through Reliance contract

amjath

Human Spambot
i tried using them with wireless hotspot sometimes speed was not really good..sometimes its just not even load :(
i though that would not work maybe..
hmm lets see

i once did a wifi hotspot with 3g my 2 friends sucked all my bandwidth in few minutes :(

Hrishi

I don't think this phone will be carrier locked. You can use the SIM of whichever company you want , but in the end you have to pay the fixed monthly rental till 24 months from date of purchase.
The locking will be done on your Credit Card . It'll bind to your CC , so you can't escape even if you want to . Reliance has learnt that from it's 501 plan several years ago.

Now , why would someone want to use another carrier , if he's already paying for the Reliance SIM services.

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Take the phone .. Use the Reliance Sim in a 3G dongle and Voila :lol: unlimited 3G internet for 2 Years and a brand new iPhone. One can use their current number without porting out.

If one can get even 10mpbs the 3k per month is not a bad deal.

I myself pay 2k for my 8mbps.

if it works out then its win win for the consumer.

amjath

Human Spambot
I don't think this phone will be carrier locked.

No its not carrier locked
UPDATE: The iPhone 5s will not be locked to RCom. You can pick up the device on EMI for any other network service provider. However, if you pick up the 5s from RCom, you will get all the data plans and perks that the company is providing with the new device.
Reliance to offer new iPhones starting from Rs 2,599 per month

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Take the phone .. Use the Reliance Sim in a 3G dongle and Voila :lol: unlimited 3G internet for 2 Years and a brand new iPhone. One can use their current number without porting out.

If one can get even 10mpbs the 3k per month is not a bad deal.

I myself pay 2k for my 8mbps.

if it works out then its win win for the consumer.

ha ha it wont work in dongles as stated by reliance. 10 mpbs speed? lol i cant imagine it will hardly give 3-4 mpbs maybe

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
I think plans for the androids too should start following this one if this gets success :)

great move by reliance and Apple:)

$hadow

Geek in making
I think Indian government make the FDI to 100% in telecom sector so there is still a chance that if the operators want they can start like US type contract system in India on Android device. But the point is back to them that if they want than only. It would be great if they decide to do so.

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Indeed a nice offer... specially for users like me ;)

Although, I am not convinced with the network coverage of reliance... which in a true sense is a no-go....

Top Bottom