Apple iPhone 5C and 5S available for Free through Reliance contract

masterkd

Padawan
The plan is awesome. But for me only roadblock is Reliance. Other than 3G all other services are crap in kolkata.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
As some one stated above, I also need hardly Rs. 50 recharge per month... so this offer is way too costly..
Today only I have ported from idea to voda.. not going for reliance for sure.. ;)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well, rates doesn't matter for me if I'm getting the service according to the rate. And Vodafone provides that.

The call rate I get in roaming is even cheaper than what others provide in normal. And I'm always in roaming.

I do get irritated, sometimes, but that's not too often. And you can't get everything, isn't it? :)

Bhai ye toh miss call wala bi nhi lagta :p:lol:

They are unlocked and can be used by any carrier i confirmed myself today in the reliance world since they also offered me without contract as for the same official price which is 53500 as luckly this offer is available in my city ( gwalior )
According to Reliance its not sim locked and can be used with any sim.

Is the handset locked to Reliance services or can I use any other SIM?

The iPhone purchased through Reliance is not locked to Reliance. You can use the iPhone for any SIM of your choice. However, since this is a bundled offer, it is in your interest to use Reliance.

this is a very good offer..AFAIK.. 24 months emi of 3000 rs. brings 72,000 and if you pay them the whole amt. as down payment they will offer you 6,000 rs off so it comes to 66,000 ( 72,000-6000 ) after deducting price of the phone 53500-66000 it come to 12500 rs. for 24 months which is just a really good deal. unlimited voice, 3g, messages, over any other network local/std..
and one more thing..if one dont like the phone they can just sell it off at the same time and for the same price.. coz its apple and it wont be a problem in selling it :p and just use the plan instead for the whole thing for just 12,500 for 2 years..they even have gold colour in stock..and will delivering from 6th nov.

Then it's pretty good.

Similar postpaid plan costs at least 1k, totaling 24k, the plan cost alone. There you get the phone at dirt cheap rate.

Hrishi

Unfortunately this is only valid for IPhones. If it were a Nexus , I would have closed my eyes and have bought it as a secondary device.

rock2702

Padawan
Is the unlimited 3g they claim truly unlimited or is there some catch in this? I am quite happy with airtel, but reliance also has a pretty good network for voice/3g where I live, so I don't mind keeping it as a secondary sim only if they provide unlimited 3g without any FUP.Also I am not a fan of iphone and moving from my s3 to iphone makes me think twice before getting this.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
The call rate I get in roaming is even cheaper than what others provide in normal. And I'm always in roaming.

I do get irritated, sometimes, but that's not too often. And you can't get everything, isn't it? :)

Then it's pretty good.

Similar postpaid plan costs at least 1k, totaling 24k, the plan cost alone. There you get the phone at dirt cheap rate.

yeah you own a latest brand new phone for not even paying half of the price which is great! :-D

Is the unlimited 3g they claim truly unlimited or is there some catch in this? I am quite happy with airtel, but reliance also has a pretty good network for voice/3g where I live, so I don't mind keeping it as a secondary sim only if they provide unlimited 3g without any FUP.Also I am not a fan of iphone and moving from my s3 to iphone makes me think twice before getting this.

as for the FUP..i asked them twice :p they said no FUP... and speed will be vary it can give upto 21 mbps...depending on the coverage and in which city you use... probably will be good in metro cities i guess :)

Hrishi

Another thing I'm thinking is 2 Years. Is it really a good option to go for 2 Year EMI?

If you have a constant funding then why not.

as for the FUP..i asked them twice :p they said no FUP... and speed will be vary it can give upto 21 mbps...depending on the coverage and in which city you use... probably will be good in metro cities i guess :)

:MutherOfGod: .......no FUP ??!!! Dayum.. I wish I didn't had a phone and broadband connection right now.
21mbps without FUP. Dayum.!!!!!

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
If anyone considers it as a bad offer, their maths is ultra poor.

Supposedly No. Network lock. Otherwise they won't give such mouthwatering postpaid plan.
dude m using reliance from like last 6-7 years trust me its not as good as u think........

and for reliance 3g its not available even at bangalore............

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
dude m using reliance from like last 6-7 years trust me its not as good as u think........

and for reliance 3g its not available even at bangalore............

Which post of mine says reliance is good ?

And which carrier has got pan India 3g license ? I hope you know what you're saying.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The models not available in reliance digital or the premium reseller istore
They are available in reliance stores only, like vodafone, airtel or idea stores

You can use any sim, then its like any other emi

Going to check out if the unlimited plan is really unlimited, which seems to good to be true. Afaik, the unlimted 3g plans are very expensive when offered at all. will post update

Yep. FUP. Unlimited. No restrictions.
This is the only unlimited 3G plan offered by reliance as of now
Reliance World has nice decorations for 5C. Step in colour up.
Offer is valid for another 2 days, 16GB models out of stock but they can still be booked, but phones may not be available for 3-4 days more

If anyone has any qs, ask, in the process of getting !

Possible to do whole thing online at shop.rcom.co.in

16GB variants no down payment, so they marketing it as get your free iphone here

Only restriction in fine print is 3000 sma per month

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^guy says max 7mbps, average 1-1.5 mbps, and varies by location

Champagne gold colour not available for 5S

amjath

Human Spambot
^guy says max 7mbps, average 1-1.5 mbps, and varies by location

Champagne gold colour not available for 5S

Acceptable so we ll get 1.5 mbps the most

Champagne Gold colour is running on low stock everywhere so we may have to wait a little

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Seriously come on it cant be

yeah its not gonna possible :p but these are there words!! "upto 21 mbps"
i hardly believe they will give 1 mbps even :/

guys can we use that plan for downloading purpose too?? like say couple of 20-30 of gb's from torrent?? but how! i mean like connecting it someway through laptop or anything ?

amjath

Human Spambot
^ use itransmission to download torrents and use any wireless transfer app to transfer it to PC

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The real deal here is just the 3g, phone is just kicker
1.5k for 15gb then additional data rate is max plan with reliance at least atm

So basically worth it if you really use the 3G

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Which post of mine says reliance is good ?

And which carrier has got pan India 3g license ? I hope you know what you're saying.

but dude bangalore being an IT hub reliance shld have provided 3g here that's what i am trying to say.......
it would be very good offer for calls and phone only i mean to say......
if guys are thing about 3g data usage its hopeless..........

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
but dude bangalore being an IT hub reliance shld have provided 3g here that's what i am trying to say.......
it would be very good offer for calls and phone only i mean to say......
if guys are thing about 3g data usage its hopeless..........

But buddy it's not in Reliance's hands to provide 3g at a particular place. Rather it depends upon the circle allotted during spectrum auction by the government.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
guys can we use that plan for downloading purpose too?? like say couple of 20-30 of gb's from torrent?? but how! i mean like connecting it someway through laptop or anything ?

yep, you can tether or use device as wireless hotspot

Top Bottom