Apple iPad vs Android Tablets... What would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Good point ico.

You have to convert vdo's to watch it on iphone/WP. This is my main problem with lumia 800 as well as iPhone. WTH should i convert a vdo when i have 1 ghz+ CPU on phone ? If Android can play any type of files without conversion so should iOS and WP OS or any other OS for that matter.

it is perfectly OK if it does not plays 1080P ( due to hardware limits) but 720P and below should not be a problem.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I do agree with ico. If you want to buy a tablet 'right now', the only option is 'new iPad'. nothing else comes close. But if you want to wait, wait for Windows 8 covertibles. The only way to challenge the domination of iPad would be a covertible powered by Windows 8 RT. Just my two cents!

OP
AndroidFan

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
And who would not Jailbreak it? Lol. I remember after buying the GSII the first thing I did was to root the device.
There are NO restrictions in iOS, it's just a simple and unique OS which just works fantastically. Android, on the other hand are PERFECT for people who loves complications, and if my guess is right, only school boys and kids use and love Android. You know the reason :/
Meant no offence to anyone.

Your comment is completely retarded. iOS is for older people or children, who cannot handle anything complex at all. My Grandfather uses an iPad and an iPhone. He just cannot use a regular computer.

Android, on the other hand, is for power users.

When was the last time you owned an iPhone? When was the last time you tried to jailbreak it? It is hard as hell... Rooting is a piece of cake compared to jailbreaking...

YES!!Another xda regular/android dev finally got tired of the messy Android.
Nothing,absolutely nothing is simple in Android.

Can you give me a few examples. I know many ways in which Android is easier and faster. Wifi, Bluetooth, Rotation, Brightness toggles in my notification bar come to my mind...

All settings are in their respective apps. For example, I can change browser settings directly from within the browser. Don't have to leave it and go to some centralized settings manager to change them.

Just because of bunch of file managers(mostly are photoshopped of one another)people have a tendency to think that tinkering with android is easier,which is absolutely not the case.

Bunch of file managers, bunch of browsers, bunch of system utilities, bunch of camera apps, bunch of launcher replacements... you can tinker to your hearts content...

The crowded sometimes claustrophobic home screen with millions of widgets make me nauseated now.

The best thing about Android, is that you can decide not to use any of the millions of widgets, and only use a stupid grid of icons on your homescreens if you like it that way... That way, you won't get nauseated.

The funniest thing about Android is the madness around the custom ROMs and the hype associated with AOSP (specially CM and most of the devs there).
Not a single AOSP ROM is fully optimised for the hardware,but people claim they are getting better battery on CM7/CM9!!

People are indeed getting better battery life and performance from AOSP custom ROMs. Just because you had the misfortune of bricking your device while updating does not mean you should hate all custom ROMs...

Seriously. My GSII is exactly 375 days old till today and i can't recall a single day when i actually loved it!

LMAO at all the Custom ROMs. I can't believe how people accept the new bugs which comes at free with those ROM! They are unprofessional stuffs. And besides I haven't pay them a single penny, so expect NOTHING from them!
The extreme hyped craziness of Custom ROMs in Android will destroy this OS, very soon. Of course, there are plenty other reasons too.

Would love to hear all the other reasons why Android would be destroyed...

Anyways, I think you are fit to use an iOS device, or even better, a WP7 device. Android is too complex for you...

Cheers!

noob

Cyborg Agent
@AndroidFan
What makes you think that Android is complicated ? I have many female friends using Android with custom launchers. Now if they can figure this out then its surely not complicated. By posting like this we also add fuel to this "complicated" stuff.

I do agree with ico. If you want to buy a tablet 'right now', the only option is 'new iPad'. nothing else comes close. But if you want to wait, wait for Windows 8 covertibles. The only way to challenge the domination of iPad would be a covertible powered by Windows 8 RT. Just my two cents!

Win8 convertible will not be slim..that is why we have USB keyboards. Also nothing will change with WinRT as its equally restricted as ipad. Office suite ? Sure, enterprise users will be benefited but when you consider an average consumer market which is a majority (90%+) , i think they wont bother with Win8 given the lack of apps.

if given a choice of picking up 2 restrictive OS, i will choose iPad.

OP
AndroidFan

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@AndroidFan
What makes you think that Android is complicated ? I have many female friends using Android with custom launchers. Now if they can figure this out then its surely not complicated. By posting like this we also add fuel to this "complicated" stuff.

Red dragon has a beef with Android, and almost always bad mouths it on the forum... For him, Android may be a complicated mess... not so much for the rest of us...

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
iOS in mobiles is for people who prefer going to London from India, via a connecting flight to Tokyo for no reason. :)

If Apple works at UI and ease of use, it will really become the mobile OS of my choice some day.

noob

Cyborg Agent
iOS in mobiles is for people who prefer going to London from India, via a connecting flight to Tokyo for no reason. :)

If Apple works at UI and ease of use, it will really become the mobile OS of my choice some day.

THIS.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Your comment is completely retarded. iOS is for older people or children, who cannot handle anything complex at all. My Grandfather uses an iPad and an iPhone. He just cannot use a regular computer.

Android, on the other hand, is for power users.
ROFL.
:lol:
Would love to hear all the other reasons why Android would be destroyed...

Anyways, I think you are fit to use an iOS device, or even better, a WP7 device. Android is too complex for you...

Cheers!
Sorry buddy I am over that thing a lot of times and it's really boring to mention it again and again.
Just two or three things I'd say,
When I am using a smartphone it should be capable of that phone part without any hitch. Sorry that device goes to trash for me which freezes often or provides a SOD at the end of a call.
When I go to bed and then wake up in morning I'd like to see my phone like a normal phone and it needs to be ON. That thing goes to trash again, which drains unbelievable amount of battery, and sometimes shuts down for some weird wakelocks issue or whatever reasons!
And then again, that thing goes to trash as well which can't make proper use of it's dual core CPU and bring out a so called BIG update, while in practical that update brings some kiddish feature like Face Unlock and please have my arse on that Hardware acceleration. If that is system wide HWA then please, I wanna go back to old good days of Symbian.
Sorry i can't continue typing BS reasons.

At last, I need a PHONE which SHOULD BE USED BY THE USER OF IT, but THE PHONE SHOULDN'T USE THE USER.

My comment retarded? So be it. Then again, you will never find me like your username, FANBOY of some brand or some things!! I am not a fanboy of Android, as a matter of fact I hate it badly and will NEVER use it again unless they come back at the right path, and also I am NOT a FANBOY of Apple/iOS either. But yes, I'd take iOS, as a Mobile OS any day and anytime over Android but that doesn't mean I'll change my username to iOSfan or something like that, ever.
IMO, it's better to be Apple's ***** (as some kids or schoolboys say) than Google's slave.
One more thing, I DO NOT COMMENT on things I NEVER USED. I purchased SII to see myself if the hype about Android was true or not, and after 13 months of usage, I have got the answer. So an user who had not used iOS, I don't know how he/she comments on it. Isn't it kinda ..............no word is coming in mind!
Done typing.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Good point ico.

You have to convert vdo's to watch it on iphone/WP. This is my main problem with lumia 800 as well as iPhone. WTH should i convert a vdo when i have 1 ghz+ CPU on phone ? If Android can play any type of files without conversion so should iOS and WP OS or any other OS for that matter.

it is perfectly OK if it does not plays 1080P ( due to hardware limits) but 720P and below should not be a problem.
Just FYI even 3gs can play 720p mkv without any conversion(it stutters a lot though),ip4 can perfectly play almost all sort of 720p rips.
You just need to find a suitable player(and trust me,there are a lot...)
Can you remember those early Eclair days when Android`s stock player was a joke and the only xvid player was that pathetic rock player?
It was actually Samsung with the touchwiz video player in the original Galaxy S,started changing things for Android(it was the first media player which could use the gpu to decode xvid/divx/mkv videos)
But sadly nothing has changed much,
Firstly,Samsung never got any credit for the revolutionary TW,most of the Android fans(must be more than 90%)still think TW is just a launcher and goes Ga-Ga over the Sense u.i,which did not help Android to take a single step forward.
Secondly,till date there is only a single decent media player is the Playstore and I bet many of the rabid fanboys here do not know about it.
For them sh%tty players with a glossy ui(likes of MX video player)is the ultimate .
Now to answer the last part of your question,
There is nothing magical in Android,it is just another mobile o.s like WM7 or iOS,but it`s parents are lot liberal(dare I say careless),iOS can very well play any damn video format you want it to play,but his parents does not want him to do it(and they have sufficient reasons for it!)

Since you looked interested in media players,thought to put up a few lines,sorry if I offended you or anyone.

Anyways I have no bones with Android,used it for a very very long time,loved it...was amazed by it(I am a doctor by profession but spend hours on Android,learned a lot from great devs @ xda,most of them have left xda for good,even took part in kernel development for HD2 Android NAND project)....and now just can not stand it.

Red dragon has a beef with Android, and almost always bad mouths it on the forum... For him, Android may be a complicated mess... not so much for the rest of us...
Do not embarrass yourself my friend!
Android seems easy to you because you probably do not even know the absolute basics of it.
It seems like you think rooting and showing off CM7/CM9 on your phone make you an Android expert:wink:

Sorry,but you were asking for trouble!
Just for some unknown reason I can not multiquote your post,so will add few lines here..

1.ithehappy was probably one of the first here to get a gs2 and has done some nice battery mods for it @ xda.
His views on initial ics builds were huge hit there.
I do not know him personally,but he seems to be a humble person,otherwise he could have humiliated you really bad here.
2.I am sure you know nothing about jailbreak,google Absinthe,it is waay too easier compared to the one click root you seem to adore.
3.I have never ever hard bricked any of the 4/5 android phones(plus atleast 10 from friends,relatives etc) have used,soft bricks...many many times..but recovered pretty easily as I know the basics very clearly.
4.Those who are having better battery out of AOSP,must have got some magical hardware which seems to work better with absolutely rubbish drivers!!
5.You probably do not know that you can have those quick toggle buttons in iO.S also.
BTW the latest Nexus does not have that quick toggle for the notification drop down menu by default!!
[

at last, i need a phone which should be used by the user of it, but the phone shouldn't use the user.

[/quote]

awesome!!

Last edited:
OP
AndroidFan

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Sorry buddy I am over that thing a lot of times and it's really boring to mention it again and again.

Just two or three things I'd say,
When I am using a smartphone it should be capable of that phone part without any hitch. Sorry that device goes to trash for me which freezes often or provides a SOD at the end of a call.
When I go to bed and then wake up in morning I'd like to see my phone like a normal phone and it needs to be ON. That thing goes to trash again, which drains unbelievable amount of battery, and sometimes shuts down for some weird wakelocks issue or whatever reasons!
And then again, that thing goes to trash as well which can't make proper use of it's dual core CPU and bring out a so called BIG update, while in practical that update brings some kiddish feature like Face Unlock and please have my arse on that Hardware acceleration. If that is system wide HWA then please, I wanna go back to old good days of Symbian.
Sorry i can't continue typing BS reasons.

You just got a dud phone.. Nothing of that sort happens to my phone... I am a very heavy user... Wifi on all day, a ton of apps used everyday, plenty of music... Still 34% battery left...

*i.imgur.com/Yz1Gh.png

At last, I need a PHONE which SHOULD BE USED BY THE USER OF IT, but THE PHONE SHOULDN'T USE THE USER.

My comment retarded? So be it. Then again, you will never find me like your username, FANBOY of some brand or some things!! I am not a fanboy of Android, as a matter of fact I hate it badly and will NEVER use it again unless they come back at the right path, and also I am NOT a FANBOY of Apple/iOS either. But yes, I'd take iOS, as a Mobile OS any day and anytime over Android but that doesn't mean I'll change my username to iOSfan or something like that, ever.
IMO, it's better to be Apple's ***** (as some kids or schoolboys say) than Google's slave.
One more thing, I DO NOT COMMENT on things I NEVER USED. I purchased SII to see myself if the hype about Android was true or not, and after 13 months of usage, I have got the answer. So an user who had not used iOS, I don't know how he/she comments on it. Isn't it kinda ..............no word is coming in mind!
Done typing.

You have a big issue with my name... and you are pissed because you spent a lot of money but still got a dud phone... just bad luck... Most people have a great experience with SII...

If it was really as bad as you say, then it would never have sold so many units (more than 20 million SII were sold worldwide, last I heard)... People are a lot more connect now than they used to be... a simple google search can get you a lot of first hand experience with any device you would like to buy...

Just FYI even 3gs can play 720p mkv without any conversion(it stutters a lot though),ip4 can perfectly play almost all sort of 720p rips.
You just need to find a suitable player(and trust me,there are a lot...)
Can you remember those early Eclair days when Android`s stock player was a joke and the only xvid player was that pathetic rock player?

Eclair was in the end of 2009... We are a long way from there... ICS rocks...

There is nothing magical in Android,it is just another mobile o.s like WM7 or iOS,but it`s parents are lot liberal(dare I say careless),iOS can very well play any damn video format you want it to play,but his parents does not want him to do it(and they have sufficient reasons for it!)

Since you looked interested in media players,thought to put up a few lines,sorry if I offended you or anyone.

I am a libertarian... I like freedom... Don't want my phone company to tell me what I should or shouldn't do on my phone...

Android is for freedom to choose...

Anyways I have no bones with Android,used it for a very very long time,loved it...was amazed by it(I am a doctor by profession but spend hours on Android,learned a lot from great devs @ xda,most of them have left xda for good,even took part in kernel development for HD2 Android NAND project)....and now just can not stand it.

Okay. So, you don't like Android because Eclair was bad? or you don't like Android because device makers don't optimize it for the hardware it is run on? What is your problem with Android?

Do not embarrass yourself my friend!
Android seems easy to you because you probably do not even know the absolute basics of it.
It seems like you think rooting and showing off CM7/CM9 on your phone make you an Android expert:wink:

Sorry,but you were asking for trouble!

LMFAO... really? So, once you know the absolute basics of Android, it becomes harder to use? Way to go einstien...

Every tech journalist worth his salt loves Android. Joshua Topolsky, Chris Ziegler, Miriam Joire...

I am still waiting to hear why you hate Android so much... Really irrational hate...

BTW, here is an article by a long time iPhone user who just shifted to Android -- 29 Days with Android | The Verge Forums

Highly recommended reading... the article is good, the comments below it are excellent...

1.ithehappy was probably one of the first here to get a gs2 and has done some nice battery mods for it @ xda.
His views on initial ics builds were huge hit there.
I do not know him personally,but he seems to be a humble person,otherwise he could have humiliated you really bad here.
2.I am sure you know nothing about jailbreak,google Absinthe,it is waay too easier compared to the one click root you seem to adore.
3.I have never ever hard bricked any of the 4/5 android phones(plus atleast 10 from friends,relatives etc) have used,soft bricks...many many times..but recovered pretty easily as I know the basics very clearly.
4.Those who are having better battery out of AOSP,must have got some magical hardware which seems to work better with absolutely rubbish drivers!!
5.You probably do not know that you can have those quick toggle buttons in iO.S also.

Why the fcuk do you hate Android? Just say something so that I can actually look it up and respond... Maybe you can convert me to iOS...

BTW... my little sister had an iPhone 2G 3 years ago... used it plenty... then Dad got an iPhone 3GS... I recommended it over Galaxy S... It was the best phone at that time...

But iOS is outdated now... ICS rules the mobile OS scene...

I would like to discuss more with ithehappy... Want to know his reasons too... maybe a nice CM9 or AOKP might change his mind... :D

Cheers!

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Some of you guys say that a netbook is better than a laptop, guys please don't compare a netbook or a laptop with a tablet.Both are completely different things and they can't be compared to each other.

And again this iOS vs Android war has started.
@AndroidFan- bro let people think what they think, they won't be changing their thinking even after any of us give them a lot explanation.
And as I always say, thinking of different people are different. :)

noob

Cyborg Agent
If anyone want to prove a point then tell what their EXACT problem is. Like i mentioned in my previous comments "I hate using zune/iTune to copy my stuff", hate not having ability to send multiple pics at once in mail as attachment. hate the way WP or iOS converts a vdo when u transfer it to device.

This is how you comment when you dont like certain aspect of Android and not like "its mess or its complicated" get to the point and stick to the exact thing. dont make fool of yourself.

red dragon

Master troll
You like Android because every tech journalist loves it!Way to go Mr.libertarian,enjoy your freedom.
And instead of spending time with Google uncle,try to use few other platforms,you will realize yourself.
And for the article,yeh!it is nice,but there are thousands of other such articles where long term Android users shift to iOS.
But do not quote them,those guys have used both,but people like you,who think jailbreaking is difficult than rooting from a user perspective,should never participate in the Android vs.iO.S debate(it is evident that your knowledge about iO.S probably 3rd or 4th hand)
At the end of the day,you are using your phone,not of a tech journalist`s!!

BTW who exactly is a power user?
Someone who has to check or send hundreds of mails/txts/msgs everyday apart from usual surfing,music during commute etc or someone who uses 4 keyboards,10 file managers,has 1000 widgets in his homescreen,likes to play hd games on a 4 inch screen?

noob

Cyborg Agent
Some of you guys say that a netbook is better than a laptop, guys please don't compare a netbook or a laptop with a tablet.Both are completely different things and they can't be compared to each other.

And again this iOS vs Android war has started.
@AndroidFan- bro let people think what they think, they won't be changing their thinking even after any of us give them a lot explanation.
And as I always say, thinking of different people are different. :)

Given that his username is AndroidFan , actually he is NOT. I have never seen any single immature comment from him. All are to the point and precise.
however, i have seen both "red dragon" posting troll comments and bad mouthing Android. This is not what is expected on a forum.

Why the fcuk do you hate Android? Just say something so that I can actually look it up and respond... Maybe you can convert me to iOS..
this single comment makes a lot of sense. I think "red dragon" should post on this rather than posting something hyper.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
But iOS is outdated now... ICS rules the mobile OS scene...

I would like to discuss more with ithehappy... Want to know his reasons too... maybe a nice CM9 or AOKP might change his mind... :D

Cheers!
Buddy these this vs that conversation never ends well. So lets leave it. I think it all matters to personal op at the end of the day. You are absolutely FREE to love or hate a thing. We should STOP before this thread gets closed.
Just fyi, I have used both CM 7 and CM 9. Really couldn't understood the hype about it. They have RIL problems afaik. CM 7 was not even finished! Frankly I didn't find a reason to use AOSP/AOKP ROM. Then again, that's me, and I respect my own opinion!
But one thing i should say, Red Dragon said it before, Samsung did an exceptionally great job with TW framework. It turned Gingerbread a real good OS IMO. Mark my word here. Then again, with ICS, I can't say the same. IMO, ICS needs lots and lots of polishing, it ain't finished well to roll out this soon. I like things as 10/10 working rather than 5/10 working very good and other 5 ain't. That's what it is about ICS Custom ROMs. (Or any Custom ROMs for that matter)
And best of luck to you for using Android. You love it? Fantastic. Keep enjoying it and have fun. But I? As i said, good bye Android.
It's time for me to find an OS which could make up my agony regarding using Android and i find no other OS but iOS, atm.
:)

aroraanant

Explorer
I have never seen any single immature comment from him. All are to the point and precise.
Actually that is not the case, I am going to defend him on that as he has helped many on this forum.You should not say like this for anyone if you don't know the fact.
however, i have seen both "red dragon" posting troll comments and bad mouthing Android. This is not what is expected on a forum.
Exactly

@red dragon- As I said above, thinking of different people is different, opinions and thinking differs bro. So please leave them on it. A small request to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom