Apple iPad vs Android Tablets... What would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Buddy these this vs that conversation never ends well. So lets leave it. I think it all matters to personal op at the end of the day. You are absolutely FREE to love or hate a thing. We should STOP before this thread gets closed.
Just fyi, I have used both CM 7 and CM 9. Really couldn't understood the hype about it. They have RIL problems afaik. CM 7 was not even finished! Frankly I didn't find a reason to use AOSP/AOKP ROM. Then again, that's me, and I respect my own opinion!
But one thing i should say, Red Dragon said it before, Samsung did an exceptionally great job with TW framework. It turned Gingerbread a real good OS IMO. Mark my word here. Then again, with ICS, I can't say the same. IMO, ICS needs lots and lots of polishing, it ain't finished well to roll out this soon. I like things as 10/10 working rather than 5/10 working very good and other 5 ain't. That's what it is about ICS Custom ROMs. (Or any Custom ROMs for that matter)
And best of luck to you for using Android. You love it? Fantastic. Keep enjoying it and have fun. But I? As i said, good bye Android.
It's time for me to find an OS which could make up my agony regarding using Android and i find no other OS but iOS, atm.
:)

I have been using CM9 ICS since day 1. it got better with every build. everything is working expect wifi direct ( actual wifi works gr8 ) .
I liked the stock exp and now the pure ICS Google exp. I dont have any problems with it. Battery life with heavy usage stays for full day and 10% till next day morning. Happy with it.

I am not sure exactly what kind of polish you are speaking. Can you tell me any specific area in ICS which you think needs to be polished ? At this moment i hate both iOS and WP as it complicates obvious things for me. e.g sending multiple pics at once in mail. there are many other simple things which iOS fails to do at ease. But that does not means the OS is crap ( in terms of red dragon troll) to me it simply means that ICS exp is simple and better than my WP or iOS exp.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am not sure exactly what kind of polish you are speaking. Can you tell me any specific area in ICS which you think needs to be polished ?
Sure. Plenty of things which I have already mentioned in XDA. Not mentioning them again here.
Two major things are,
Well they need to imply an actual hardware acceleration to overall system. I don't know why they said in changelog that 'system wide hwa' and all, but the hwa in ICS is 5% better than in it was in GB. Well Samsung's modified GB with TW framework had good fluency and that is totally missing in ICS. When i am running a phone with a strong GPU with 1200/1400 MHz Dual Core CPU I expect a lot and lot better than what it is now in ICS. Mike Bell said it totally right imo, *www.gsmarena.com/intel_android_making_poor_use_of_those_multicore_processors-news-4372.php
The second thing is Email server exchange problem, it has been mentioned many times in XDA already as you could see.
At this moment i hate both iOS and WP as it complicates obvious things for me. e.g sending multiple pics at once in mail. there are many other simple things which iOS fails to do at ease. But that does not means the OS is crap ( in terms of red dragon troll) to me it simply means that ICS exp is simple and better than my WP or iOS exp.
I don't hate WP atm, nor do i like it. Used Lumia 700 for a week, it was all smooth and buttery. Haven't had chance to notice the details about it.
And about that iOS email photo sending, isn't there an app to that?

+1000000

Current gen of tablets = foolish.

Tablets will stop being foolish the day you can boot via USB with any OS and install it into the tablet like we do for *normal* computers, viz x86 laptops and Desktops.

Some of you guys say that a netbook is better than a laptop, guys please don't compare a netbook or a laptop with a tablet.Both are completely different things and they can't be compared to each other.

Justify your statement please. The only thing that a 10" iPad has over a 10" ultrabook/netbook is being thinner and touchscreen to play games.

If two things cost the same or are for the same purpose, they can be compared. The same way Whey Protien and B-Protien can be compared.

A Netbook/Ultrabook on the other hand has full fledged operating system, you can change the operating system at your will, you can play Counter-Strike, DoTA, and other classic games. You have matured productivity software like Kontact, Libre Office, VLC Media Player, Firefox for linux and MS Office, WMP, IE9, etc for windows. These devices also have very small boot times.

Most of the time, if you have Rs. 40,000 to burn for a 10" device to imporive your productivity, an ultrabook makes a lot more sense than a tablet. These days they also come with touch screens.

When it comes to 7" tablets, I agree they have an edge in the fact that they can fit into pockets easily.

And whatever I have stated so far is from my own experience, moving from an iPad to an Android Device to a Netbook finally to find the netbook most useful out of all the three. So I'm not pulling crap out of my a$$ the way 80% of people on the internet do, giving opinions out of thin air.

And no, I'm NOT an Android fan either. I dislike Android too for several reasons, only find it relatively better than iOS. Nor am I a Linux/Windows fan, I run both, switching between them as per my needs.

And again this iOS vs Android war has started.
@AndroidFan- bro let people think what they think, they won't be changing their thinking even after any of us give them a lot explanation.
And as I always say, thinking of different people are different. :)

Look at the thread title :rolleyes:

Sure. Plenty of things which I have already mentioned in XDA. Not mentioning them again here.
Two major things are,
Well they need to imply an actual hardware acceleration to overall system. I don't know why they said in changelog that 'system wide hwa' and all, but the hwa in ICS is 5% better than in it was in GB. Well Samsung's modified GB with TW framework had good fluency and that is totally missing in ICS. When i am running a phone with a strong GPU with 1200/1400 MHz Dual Core CPU I expect a lot and lot better than what it is now in ICS. Mike Bell said it totally right imo, Intel: Android makes poor use of those multi-core processors - GSMArena.com news
The second thing is Email server exchange problem, it has been mentioned many times in XDA already as you could see.

The trouble is, 1200/1400MHz Dual Core CPU on phones/tablets and the Quad Core CPUs on newer tablets have hardware specifications that are better (on paper) than old Windows XP equiped Celeron M laptops from 10 years back. But their operating systems are nowhere close to that level of maturity.

R2K

In the Zone
I don't understand why everyone here fights over android and iOS.:cool:
You already burned your hard earned money on a device( with whatever OS) which you thought was the best you could own. I don't think no one here is ignorant about the pros and cons about iOS and android. Just do everything to get the most out of that device. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of choices for both OS users to do that.
These kinda debate never concludes well and at last end up with mods locking down such useful threads:cool:

Tablets will stop being foolish the day you can boot via USB with any OS and install it into the tablet like we do for *normal* computers, viz x86 laptops and Desktops.

Tablet PCs can do that i guess. But they are damn expensive because of the powerful hardware( compared to ipad and android tablets)

noob

Cyborg Agent
Two major things are,
Well they need to imply an actual hardware acceleration to overall system. I don't know why they said in changelog that 'system wide hwa' and all, but the hwa in ICS is 5% better than in it was in GB. Well Samsung's modified GB with TW framework had good fluency and that is totally missing in ICS. When i am running a phone with a strong GPU with 1200/1400 MHz Dual Core CPU I expect a lot and lot better than what it is now in ICS. Mike Bell said it totally right imo, Intel: Android makes poor use of those multi-core processors - GSMArena.com news

I don't hate WP atm, nor do i like it. Used Lumia 700 for a week, it was all smooth and buttery. Haven't had chance to notice the details about it.

Have you checked settings in CM9 ? its already HWA. On what basis you came to conclusion that HWA in ICS is 5% better than in it was in GB ? :cool:

Email server exchange problem :I am using my office exchange account since day 1 i got this SGS. What is your exact problem here ? I might be able to help.

I find it funny when a basic feature is absent. Same, when is the case with Android ( rarely) , iSheeps brag that this is now how they want. they want 10/10 features working rather than 5/10 :)

And about the link you posted, that does not even means that Apple is good at using dual core CPUs o_Oo Also i agree both OS needs to improve in lots of ways..esp iOS(& also Android) . Current iOS = Froyo for me..in terms of what a device can do, Usability, simplicity etc

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Got the money? go for iOS stuff. No? go for android :)
atleast thats what I did, using custom roms and perfectly happy with it.

@androidfan and noob, I'm using Endymion Sense3.5 rom on Desire S, works perfectly fine with no problems at all. Thought I ll try something new, any good roms for my phone? good battery, stability, and customization is all I want, thanks :)

Last edited:
OP
AndroidFan

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I recently checked out a friend's Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for 30 minutes...

The tablet built quality is decent... But it is still stuck on Honeycomb. It was laggy... such a good hardware, but Samsung refuses to update it to ICS... Very disappointing...

I am keeping a lookout for the rumoured Google-Asus Nexus tablet which could come out very... with the latest Android 5.0 Jellybean update... Google i/o is scheduled for 27th June... might get to see a glimpse of the Nexus tablet here... -- *developers.google.com/events/io/

I don't see this thread getting personal (which is not even allowed in Fight Club), but it IS going extremely offtopic. AndroidFan, your friend still needs a tablet ? If not I can actually move this if you want to the Fight Club renaming it to "What is the best Tablet OS ?".

OP
AndroidFan

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I don't see this thread getting personal (which is not even allowed in Fight Club), but it IS going extremely offtopic. AndroidFan, your friend still needs a tablet ? If not I can actually move this if you want to the Fight Club renaming it to "What is the best Tablet OS ?".

He got a Samsung Tab 10.1

cyborg47

Technomancer
And..this is important too, isn't it? not just waking people up in the morning with full battery lol.

[youtube]elKxgsrJFhw[/youtube]

So much for that 40k price point eih? :lol:

Last edited:

techlover

In the zone
well yes iOS devices break even if fallen once but I m talking about the software thing iOS doesn't crash and it has a better app support FOR IPAD than android has for tablets....also ipad has a better battery life ;-)

cyborg47

Technomancer
well yes iOS devices break even if fallen once but I m talking about the software thing iOS doesn't crash and it has a better app support FOR IPAD than android has for tablets....also ipad has a better battery life ;-)

Yeah I know..I was just saying, that the casing is important too, not just the software stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom