Anyone using IE 10?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am not sarcastic, seriously asking, anyone using the latest version? I am using it, not bad :razz:

Scrolling is hell smooth. Pages are loading fast too. Last time I used IE, couple of years back at least, well they have improved tbh! What do you think?

Vignesh B

Youngling
Use it to open some government websites which don't work properly in Chrome or firefox(that also a couple of them requires to be run in compatibility mode). Have to agree that Microsoft has improved IE a lot starting from IE9. But still, "IE has stopped working" pops up every now & then.
The modern UI version is not my cup of tea. I still prefer the desktop version. Visually IE10 is almost like IE9.
Still personally, chrome & firefox are my run-to browsers.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like someone took the new (and actually cooler) adverts of IE 10 a bit seriously :p

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Looks like someone took the new (and actually cooler) adverts of IE 10 a bit seriously :p
Lol, yea, you can say that :p

However, I don't think I can continue using it, because of weird fonts! On Chrome/Mozilla the font is very good, gives no strain on eyes, but on IE it's bad! Tried changing them, but haven't found a good one!

tkin

Back to school!!
I have it, and I use it at times, its faster and snappier than firefox(history) and almost in the leagues of Opera and Chrome, but I don't use it too much. I am afraid about the security repercussions, even if MS has assured us its still too risky, they gave IE too much system access, if anyone compromises it your OS is history.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^actually IE9/10 is more secure than default firefox install(without any addon) because of its running in a sandbox approach.chrome has the most secure sandbox running approach followed by IE & after that comes firefox/opera.however if you use firefox with noscript addon with default whitelist config then it is in my opinion becomes more secure than IE.

RahulB

Journeyman
I am an Opera guy, I use too many of its features which IE10 doesn't even have, forget IE not even firefox or chrome has some of them, so I am not switching. Just for performance IE has become really good..
BTW I checked out the recent build of Maxthon, I a really impressed.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am an Opera guy, I use too many of its features which IE10 doesn't even have, forget IE not even firefox or chrome has some of them, so I am not switching. Just for performance IE has become really good..
BTW I checked out the recent build of Maxthon, I a really impressed.
True.

IE and Chrome are page-loaders. Firefox and Opera are web-browsers. There's the difference. ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ lol, IE10 final version released for win 7 ( SP1 ) and IE10 RTM comes with win 8.

Top Bottom