Anyone Using Excitel Broadband?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I heard about this broadband which I am planning to get. Anyone heard about them or experienced using them?

Website seems bare bone and it's this: *www.excitel.com

My cousin is using it and he gets speeds of 16 mbps in torrents and 4 mbps in browsing. But in few days in which he used it, he reports some random disconnections daily.

The price and plan seems lucrative, I think I just might give this a try.

For eg, first plan is: ₹649/month + tax for 20Mbps Unlimited Peering Speed and 4Mbps Unlimited Internet Speed. That's something! And the best part seems that there is no FUP! What!!

Hrishi

Never heard about it. I nowadays care more about stability of connection due to online gaming and these small isps have hard time saving on packet drops and high pings.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Never heard about it. I nowadays care more about stability of connection due to online gaming and these small isps have hard time saving on packet drops and high pings.

Hence the purpose of this discussion.

So it seems Excitel isn't popular. But I have no choice but to try this. Since I moved from MTNL, this would be my 3rd ISP. But this would be the first time I would be trying a 4mbps connection. The price for the price (less than 1K) seems very lucrative. Likes of Airtel just can't provide such plans. I am ready to face some disconnections for this plan.

Hrishi

I am currently paying to Pacenet almost 850inr per month for 1mbps without fup internet and has 100mbps peering.
The connection is at times stable but it'll die the moment you need it most. I hate being disconnected from Battlefield due to packet drops. The only alternative I could find was to constantly switching their gateways.
The customer service is completely un-reliable.

I am thinking of switching to another ISP but I hate to pay installation charges , which is why dropped the idea of getting MTNL.
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] could you please also check with these folks and let me know if they have service around M-Block in Laxmi Nagar. ? I might be interested as long as they have stable connection with decent pings.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I also used Pacenet. But for 3 months, before the disconnections and bad service made me turn away.

As for service of Excitel in your area, you might want try contacting Excitel on their facebook page. They seem to be active over there. *www.facebook.com/excitel.rocks

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, finally I got the Excitel connection yesterday. Plan is 4 mbps 'true' unlimited @ Rs 740. Here are the speedtest results:

*www.speedtest.net/result/4551514259.png

*www.speedtest.net/result/4551788216.png

Yea, got ping as 3 the first time. But usually ping is around 100 ms. Also, its shows pacenet below, but I don't care. For me it's Excitel!

I am excited. I can finally watch 720p videos on YT with no buffering. And 1080p with little buffering.

Got two things on Sunday: Windows 10 And Excitel. :D

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] So you are satisfied with it thus far?

So far I haven't made it my primary Internet. I yet have to connect it to router so that it can used by more family members. It's then when I will get proper feedback.
But so far whatever 4-5 hours I get to use Excitel at night, I am truly satisfied. I watch videos in not less than 720p. Have downloaded an 8 GB game on steam in hours. :D

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Are they renting bandwidth from pacenet?

No idea. Frankly don't really care. I had Pacenet before. For two months. And it sucked.

You must be...
(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐□-□ / (⌐□_□)
Excited

I really am. Yesterday tried to download a Bollywood. Due to availability of local peers, I got speeds in range of 5-7MBps. Completed movie (2.2 gigs) got in 10 min. :D

On Excitel server get this speed on speedtest somehow:

*www.speedtest.net/result/4562180036.png

That doesn't represent real life speed but makes me all fuzzy inside.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
very nice speed but when will others [ isps ] learn ?

[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] - how do they provide the internet connection ? Ie through wifo or through local cable operator or through some other way ?

Top Bottom