Anyone Using Excitel Broadband?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
very nice speed but when will others [ isps ] learn ?

[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] - how do they provide the internet connection ? Ie through wifo or through local cable operator or through some other way ?

I have no idea how they provide the Internet connection. I haven't even been to their office. Just called the contact and he sent people to install the wires at my house.
I will need to dig up through.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then I guess it's like other local cable operators who install their conection directly to pc through RJ45 jack using Cat 5/ 6 cable. Do let us know about the uptime of the connection.

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] Is there any other contact no available for excitel? I tried the no. given on their site for a week straight. No one picks up the receiver.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] Is there any other contact no available for excitel? I tried the no. given on their site for a week straight. No one picks up the receiver.

If you are Delhi you may try calling them. I have PMed you 2 numbers.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh dear, lots of demand. Posting in this pastebin: Excitel contacts - Pastebin.com
Didn't want to make the numbers open in public hence it's unlisted.

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] Thanks for the numbers. They say connection will be available in next 2 months. So i guess i will make do with 3g till then because in no way am i continuing with tikona any longer.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] Thanks for the numbers. They say connection will be available in next 2 months. So i guess i will make do with 3g till then because in no way am i continuing with tikona any longer.

Thats great I guess. Better late than never.
Do keep us posted. :D

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Today I did another speedtest. The name was changed from Pacenet to Excitel. So either,
1. They fixed that from backend
2. They have 'now' migrated me from pacenet to Excitel
3. It was just an error from Speedtest.net or something

Anyway,
*www.speedtest.net/result/4622468950.png

I am pretty happy for my broadband these days. :D

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Alright.. so after a month of usage, I am still very happy with Excitel.

But now the Ani network, the previous network from which I migrated, called me today and told that they have the same plan now: 4mbps unlimited with local peering in YT and torrent. He said I can migrate back if I want.

Should I leave Excitel?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes, no online bill payment option. A guy comes to collect the bill and gives back a receipt.
Just like local cablewallah.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, it so happened that after 2 months of Excitel usage, I decided to move back to ANI network due to instability. By instability I mean, net use to go off at random times, sometimes for overnight. And I couldn't call them at night to tell them. This happened quite a few times before I decided to move back to ANI.

ANI network is providing me same plan (Rs 750 for 4 Mbps true Unlimited) with local peering etc.

So that's that.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Got new connection 3 days ago. Working fine till now.
This is very early to really comment on the service though.
But i haven't faced any downtime and the download/upload speeds are as promised.

write2tsm

Right off the assembly line
So I heard about this broadband which I am planning to get. Anyone heard about them or experienced using them?

Website seems bare bone and it's this: *www.excitel.com

My cousin is using it and he gets speeds of 16 mbps in torrents and 4 mbps in browsing. But in few days in which he used it, he reports some random disconnections daily.

The price and plan seems lucrative, I think I just might give this a try.

For eg, first plan is: ₹649/month + tax for 20Mbps Unlimited Peering Speed and 4Mbps Unlimited Internet Speed. That's something! And the best part seems that there is no FUP! What!!

Worst Internet Service - They Matched Themselves with MTNL Standards.

I live in Hari Nagar (West Delhi). To be honest, the service is extremely pathetic and un-reliable. I need 24*7 connectivity as I often work from home, which I openly conveyed the Excitel connection distributor. Despite that, the connection bumps off every now and then. Moreover, it stays un-available for 4-5 hours most of the times.

If you call the support number provided, most of the times you hear "The network is busy" and if at all it dials, they tell you that service will be restored in 4 hours, which I believe they know. If you ask to send someone, no-one turns up to help you.

The most frustrating thing (which is very common in our country - lack of "Fair Trade") is that before you make the payment they'll speak to you like you're the BOSS and they're all here to serve you, however, the way of speaking and dealing changes completely afterwards. I felt as if they're financer and I owe them money.

I won't recommend the service to people who are serious about their business/profession and depend on Internet for that. For kids and college going guys, who need a cheap service irrespective of the fact whether it's available or not when you need it most, you can take your chance.

What's the use of high speed internet link when it stays down most of the times.

Thanks

StickySlime

Broken In
Worst Internet Service - They Matched Themselves with MTNL Standards.

I live in Hari Nagar (West Delhi). To be honest, the service is extremely pathetic and un-reliable. I need 24*7 connectivity as I often work from home, which I openly conveyed the Excitel connection distributor. Despite that, the connection bumps off every now and then. Moreover, it stays un-available for 4-5 hours most of the times.

If you call the support number provided, most of the times you hear "The network is busy" and if at all it dials, they tell you that service will be restored in 4 hours, which I believe they know. If you ask to send someone, no-one turns up to help you.

The most frustrating thing (which is very common in our country - lack of "Fair Trade") is that before you make the payment they'll speak to you like you're the BOSS and they're all here to serve you, however, the way of speaking and dealing changes completely afterwards. I felt as if they're financer and I owe them money.

I won't recommend the service to people who are serious about their business/profession and depend on Internet for that. For kids and college going guys, who need a cheap service irrespective of the fact whether it's available or not when you need it most, you can take your chance.

What's the use of high speed internet link when it stays down most of the times.

Thanks

Where's the proof?
It seems you registered only to post allegations without any supporting proof. "He said/She said" isn't credible. I posted my own review here: *forum.digit.in/broadband-dth/19619...nsive-review-5mbps-sdsl-unlimited-no-fup.html and I've been using it without any issues.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like this thread needs updating.

I had previously shifted to ANI network, but after few months again moved back to Excitel, since ANI was proving more problematic. I am using Excitel since June 2016 now, and satisfied with the network more than ever. They increased fees of 750 to 799, but also increased speed to 10 mbps. While local peering is 20 mbps. I now watch fHD videos without any hiccup and downloads are a breeze. I get good pings on ASC server in Rocket League and mostly under 100ms.

I think its safe to say that I am finally enjoying a good internet. No longer I dream about Spectranet now. They can screw it. What made me revisit this thread is the fact that now Excitel supports online recharge. No longer do I have to wait for a man to recharge via cash (which is now a problem too after banning of 500 and 1000 denominations). I already recharged for a month in advance.

Good going Excitel!

hitesh

In the zone
Looks like this thread needs updating.

I had previously shifted to ANI network, but after few months again moved back to Excitel, since ANI was proving more problematic. I am using Excitel since June 2016 now, and satisfied with the network more than ever. They increased fees of 750 to 799, but also increased speed to 10 mbps. While local peering is 20 mbps. I now watch fHD videos without any hiccup and downloads are a breeze. I get good pings on ASC server in Rocket League and mostly under 100ms.

I think its safe to say that I am finally enjoying a good internet. No longer I dream about Spectranet now. They can screw it. What made me revisit this thread is the fact that now Excitel supports online recharge. No longer do I have to wait for a man to recharge via cash (which is now a problem too after banning of 500 and 1000 denominations). I already recharged for a month in advance.

Good going Excitel!

I agree 100% with everything you said. They even doubled the speeds this month (10/20 to 20/40). This is honestly the best ISP in NCR, nothing can beat it.

Top Bottom