Anybody interested in Internet Download Manager bulk purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
What a happy family.

Just curious, is the subscription lifetime? Or 1 yr free then yearly continuation payment?

Seems you will get "newer" versions after 1 year only if you pay else you're stuck with the version you last updated to in the first year.

Piyush

Lanaya
Seems you will get "newer" versions after 1 year only if you pay else you're stuck with the version you last updated to in the first year.
Not a bad deal then. But honestly I dont know why do I need it for now? I can download almost anything I need these days.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Updated List

1.arijitsinha (not sure about lifetime subscription)
2.bssunilreddy
3.Nanducob
4.Naveen.S
5.isas123
6.Gauravs90
7.Vyom ( 2 licences )

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.. :)

May be people are used to it a lot.

Hmm..how are they get to use it a lot,since the trial is only 30 days :D There were free alternatives, but just about what made it most people to pirate tells it how awesome it is.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'd take cash.Already have GCs in my Amazn.com account from returns.
I am also trying to reach people in other forums, but i need to revive old accounts from there.

Can't give cash. Can give in digital form.
So you can sent me your account details via PM, as a last resort (if you don't want voucher from FK/Amazon or Steam games etc).

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Can't give cash. Can give in digital form.
So you can sent me your account details via PM, as a last resort (if you don't want voucher from FK/Amazon or Steam games etc).

sure ! or some one can collect all the money from others via NEFT and transfer to me, or whatever economical.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
count me in but only if the license works for lifetime(No expiry prompt popping up).. IDC about the updates

i feel you bro ,buying something costly and getting notifications/ads to fullfil their greed..you can update to newer versions for 1 year.They are "planning" to charge only for updates after 1 year.You are good with the latest version ,and regarding the notifications ,i guess you can turn off within the options in IDM ,anybody using correct me if i am wrong.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Use Free Download Manager. It has all the features that IDM has.

Its one heck of a DL Mrg. Just needs a bit more work to capture downloads if you have not integrated it with browsers using plugins. I manually capture the downloads.

I am using FDM for the past 1 year now and I am extremely satisfied with it. I dont use the plugins with Chrome since the plugin tends to crash.
Works well with Mozilla.

- - - Updated - - -

What is IDM BTW ? :p

Is there anything not found FOSS alternative of this downloader :p

Free Download Manager

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Use Free Download Manager. It has all the features that IDM has.

Its one heck of a DL Mrg. Just needs a bit more work to capture downloads if you have not integrated it with browsers using plugins. I manually capture the downloads.

I am using FDM for the past 1 year now and I am extremely satisfied with it. I dont use the plugins with Chrome since the plugin tends to crash.
Works well with Mozilla

*s24.postimg.org/8yulrootx/tumblr_m7i1ast_H5_X1rpr166o1_500_cr.jpg

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Updated List

1.arijitsinha (not sure about lifetime subscription)
2.bssunilreddy
3.Nanducob
4.Naveen.S
5.isas123
6.Gauravs90
7.Vyom
8.Vyom

- - - Updated - - -
Corrected :grin_NF:

but if upgrade costs after one year then browsers will not support (like Firefox) and you will be bound to update it coz the plugins will get disabled in Browser due to incompatibility

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Then use FDM once. If you are not convinced, buy IDM.

infact i am using FDM since 1 week since my IDM trial ended

- - - Updated - - -

Corrected :grin_NF:

but if upgrade costs after one year then browsers will not support (like Firefox) and you will be bound to update it coz the plugins will get disabled in Browser due to incompatibility

good point.
Version 6.25 adds Windows 10 compatibility, adds IDM download panel for web-players that can be used to download flash videos from sites like MySpaceTV, and others. It also features complete Windows 8.1 (Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista) support, video page grabber, redeveloped scheduler, and MMS protocol support. The new version also adds improved integration for IE 11 and IE based browsers, redesigned and enhanced download engine, the unique advanced integration into all latest browsers, improved toolbar, and a wealth of other improvements and new feature
If there is no windows 11 ,then updates really don't matter ,after all they only have "plans" for it.
The plugins are built in ,you cant find them on chrome web store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom