any opinion about xperia ray?

Sarath

iDota
It's pretty small. That's the only emotion I felt while demoing it. It looks good and sleek though

sujoyp

Grand Master
It looks great and sleek...people r not considering it coz of 3.3inch screen at that price

TheLetterD

Will Power
and i dont think neo v has good support in developer community.

well the camera is avg. and its a 5 mp one
But honestly the rays cam tho 8 mps isnt that great either!
As a matter of fact other phones in this price category (Defy Plus, neo v and from what Ive heard the upcoming Galaxy W too) dont have a good camera either.
Plus remember ! A more 'Megapixels' dont always mean better picture quality! There are other factors which affect the image quality too!
Plus the ray tho slimmer and lighter than the neo has a smaller screen too!

If a good cam is what you want extend ur budget a little, and u can get a refurbished iPhone 4 for 21K(officially from apple, with bill and 1 year Warranty)

plus what do you mean by ''and i dont think neo v has good support in developer community.''
I didnt get you :/

WolVish

Broken In
^^ Very nicely put.. But Ray's got 8.1 MP Cam with Exmor sensor and has got 16x zoom and image stabilizer. I suppose it should be the BEST camera in that price range (15.9 Adexmart). The mobile is very tiny of course, but has very high pixels (854x480) for that screen size (3.3) and has a bright and crisp screen.

Also the neo V is fairly a new phone (and is selling better than the original neo :D), so community support should be good in the near future.. :)

My dislikes in the phone (neo V) are the non availability of Auto brightness feature in the SE's ROM and the awkward hard buttons. But it's totally subjective.

vulpine

Broken In
Neo V looks very old school... no doubt it is from the old design school of SE. The new xperia mini series and ray share a different and new design language which is better.

Neo V doesn't look that premium either.
There's no denying the fact that Ray has got the best camera in that price range.

Coming to the developer support, this is where SE phones really lag behind compared to HTC's which have huge developer support.
It is going to improve in future...Recent announcement from Cyanogen support for new xperia devices is a good sign of future developer support of Android SEs.

androgaurav

Right off the assembly line
I'll tell you about my story of how I bought my xperia ray.
I went to nehru place with three phones in mind, xperia ray, galaxy sl, and neo v. I just hate the looks of neo v, and neither galaxy sl or neo v had cynogenmod. I checked and xperia ray had support in xda as well as cynnogenmod!! I also saw the xperia ray and IT WAS MIND BLOWING!! I didnt take more than 1 min to eecide thati was going with the ray
I have used it for a month now, and it IS AWESOME!!

TheLetterD

Will Power
Look bro, basically The RAY IS slim and sexy, that we Wont deny
But the reason so many people are suggesting you to gor for the Neo V is because:
1. Neo V is very good looking TOO
2. Unless you zoom your pics to edit them, crop them or you want to print them up as large photographs to frame them etc. you wont notice the diff. between the photograph qualities because as I mentioned before there is more to the quality of camera than the MEGAPIXEL count.
3.ALSO though both phones have a premium look , to the 'non-geek' people the Neo V would look better as it has a larger screen.
4. With the 3.7 screen watching on the go Videos, Movies and (in the near future when 3G prices decrease) Video Calls would be a much better experience!

And yeah, word of advice! The Neo V in white looks fantastic.
ALSO Remember that the displays are in 16:9 ratio, so the total area of the screen of the ray(3.3) would be Significantly smaller than the iPhone's 3.5 inch which is a 3:2 ratio display(Im just saying this because many people compare the screen size of any phone with the iPhone's and think the .2 difference would be negligible, which is not true as the screen sizes are measured diagonally, which means the actual total area of the screen may vary with diff. ratios of the screen)

androgaurav

Right off the assembly line
Look bro, basically The RAY IS slim and sexy, that we Wont deny
But the reason so many people are suggesting you to gor for the Neo V is because:
1. Neo V is very good looking TOO
2. Unless you zoom your pics to edit them, crop them or you want to print them up as large photographs to frame them etc. you wont notice the diff. between the photograph qualities because as I mentioned before there is more to the quality of camera than the MEGAPIXEL count.
3.ALSO though both phones have a premium look , to the 'non-geek' people the Neo V would look better as it has a larger screen.
4. With the 3.7 screen watching on the go Videos, Movies and (in the near future when 3G prices decrease) Video Calls would be a much better experience!

And yeah, word of advice! The Neo V in white looks fantastic.
ALSO Remember that the displays are in 16:9 ratio, so the total area of the screen of the ray(3.3) would be Significantly smaller than the iPhone's 3.5 inch which is a 3:2 ratio display(Im just saying this because many people compare the screen size of any phone with the iPhone's and think the .2 difference would be negligible, which is not true as the screen sizes are measured diagonally, which means the actual total area of the screen may vary with diff. ratios of the screen)

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray's screen is the same resolution as the Xperia Arc's amazing display, which means 480 x 854 pixels. But it's a lot smaller, at 3.3 inches, compared to the Xperia Arc's 4.2 inches, which means a much higher density. Though the screen is small, watching movies or viewing the web is very detailed (no pixelation). Once you see the QUALITY of the screen, you won't notice the small size of the screen.

Top Bottom