Any god of war fans here?

quan chi

mortal kombat
Hi all. :D
I am playing the god of war HD collection for the past few days.

I havent completed it yet.I have reached till atlas's challenge.But i must say this game is really an epic one.Till now i never got bored.The story is intriguing.Visuals(noting that it was released for ps2) is awesome.It seems it made a better use of the ps2.

Gameplay wise its a mixture of DMC & POP.But in a refined manner.Not to forget the amazing music.

Any suggestions and discussions are welcome.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Count me in. I have purely bought both my Sony consoles for playing the God of War titles. It's that EPIC. I suggest you also don't miss out on the God of War: Origins, as they serve as a good storyline which bridge the gap between God of War 1 & 2 (Ghost of Sparta) and also as a prequel to the first God of War (Chains of Olympus). You can finally conclude with the jaw-droppingly amazing God of War III.

What difficulty are you playing it on?

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^i started at normal.In the middle stages got my ass kicked multiple times.The game gave me a trophy saying "Getting my ass kicked" and gave me an option whether i want to play in easy settings.:D I Sincerely obliged.
Will try the harder settings later.
Same happened with UC2 started with hard mode in middle got so many times kicked(jungle level) that i had to shift to normal.But that i think was due to the weird controls.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I got my ass whooped at The Challenge of Atlas level. It was so freakin' frustrating, I was almost on the verge of breaking my controller.

This is the part I'm talking about:

[youtube]slPl9bDLJDY[/youtube]

The initial rope crossing part had literally made a hair tearing experience for me. :x

I was provided the opportunity to switch to lower difficulty multiple times, but I didn't submit. :grin:

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Once I unerstand this one then I may try the next one in normal. But the music is ethan really brilliant.Do you remember the first time you arrived at the battlefield of athens and that desert level.It gave a movie like experience.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
i have played both GOW titles(chains of olympus and ghost of sparta) released for PSP. And i love it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Once I unerstand this one then I may try the next one in normal. But the music is ethan really brilliant.Do you remember the first time you arrived at the battlefield of athens and that desert level.It gave a movie like experience.
The music gives you a larger than life feeling. You haven't experienced anything, until you play God of War III. It's OST just kicks ass and takes names.

Alok

Adventurer
Count me in. I finished God of War 1 and 2 on my PC.
And imo your question about such great game is insulting it.
Any mod there to change title.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
The music gives you a larger than life feeling. You haven't experienced anything, until you play God of War III. It's OST just kicks ass and takes names.
The nice touch of that piano ethan the piano or whatever that is in the background!!!Amazing.yeah true larger than life feeling.Ign was right about that oscar thing.But people say gow3 is not that great.Has some small flaws in the story,Gow 2 is the best.

Count me in. I finished God of War 1 and 2 on my PC.
And imo your question about such great game is insulting it.
Any mod there to change title.

Ok then lets name it Thread for Kratos's deciples.:D

Bought my PS3 for GoW3. :))
It one of the best out there

have you played the formers?

Alok

Adventurer
I got my ass whooped at The Challenge of Atlas level. It was so freakin' frustrating, I was almost on the verge of breaking my controller.

This is the part I'm talking about:
[youtube]slPl9bDLJDY[/youtube]
The initial rope crossing part had literally made a hair tearing experience for me. :x

I was provided the opportunity to switch to lower difficulty multiple times, but I didn't submit. :grin:

first shield was easy to find ,
but second one where we use that stone box to open door, make my mind blow:-(

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I liked the way I played. When I played God of War 1, I really had no idea what kratos is and I wasn't able to judge either gods or Kratos. Same was with GoW2. But if you play the prequels, the things will never be the same. Frankly, I would recommend playing the way the games came out. Certain level of mysteriousness of the characters and on the past is always good. Then again, it might be just me.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I think Vamsi means playing the games in the order they released, and not chronologically. It doesn't matter how you play it, the series would definitely leave a mark on you.

The nice touch of that piano ethan the piano or whatever that is in the background!!!Amazing.yeah true larger than life feeling.Ign was right about that oscar thing.But people say gow3 is not that great.Has some small flaws in the story,Gow 2 is the best.
Every game has it's flaws, even the ones rated 10/10. God of War III, to me, was the absolute pinnacle in terms of visual narration and sheer brutality. If you think Ninja Gaiden II's dismemberment was heavy, then wait till you see how Kratos decapitates every single God in this game. Forget what others say and try not to focus too much on it. When I got the console, I never looked at any ratings, but I only longed for the bloody disc to be in there. I can assure you, nay, I can guarantee you, that God of War III will just blow you away.

Keep your progress updated.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
GOW is the best game in hack&slash & has also got GOTY award in the past.
I have played GOW 1 but couldn't complete GOW 2

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Exactly though it is true that the gameplay is highly inspired from DMC and pop series but still it is more engaging than the other two.

Top Bottom