Any feedback on Reglobe.in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey guys, I just came up on this site: *www.reglobe.in/

They are providing buybacks directly as well as through Amazon and Snapdeal. They gave a quote of 8k on my LG G2, which is pretty close to the 10k I was thinking. The best thing is that unlike OLX I won't have to deal with idiots calling me up day and night asking me to sell the mobile for 500/- So anyone ever dealt with these guys before to sell stuff?

user28

Journeyman
I had very recently contacted Reglobe for selling my Samsung Duos2 phone. They offered slightly higher price than Flipkart (just 300 bucks more). Even it is the first time with them, i thought lets give a try. So from their site i had confirmed the pick up schedule and then I started receiving regular updates and SMS to my mobile stating the pick up time, pick up day etc. But just before one day of the scheduled pickup, I received an SMS from Reglobe stating that the mobile will be picked up by some xyz person from xyz stores. I thought that the pickup will be done by the authorized Reglobe personnel !!!

It seems they have tied up with some local vendors and they will do the job. But I feel it should be the Reglobe personnel that should be dealing with us and not some unknown xyz person from an unknown stores. I highly doubt the person collecting the device even have a valid identity card. Also the following are my observations.

1) The device will not be collected by Reglobe personnel. Thats for sure.
2) You will not get the receipt for the transaction immediately stating they received your device. They will send the confirmation some time later. Maybe the next day. I confirmed this by speaking with the Reglobe helpdesk.

I cancelled the pickup and then a few days later, I had exchanged the device with Flipkart for Lenovo K3 Note. Flipkart was good in this because the device will be collected by the Flipkart personnel, will give you instant receipt that they had received the device. So peace of mind here that you did not deal with any unauthorized persons.

I do not say that Reglobe is not popular, but I did not like the way they collect the devices. Why should we deal with some xyz person who is not directly from Reglobe?
Well I never sell any thing in OLX also as I do not like dealing monetary transactions with people I do not know. No i am not saying I am against OLX or similar sites. Just saying, be careful while dealing with unknown persons, particularly in monetary transactions.

You can check Karma Recycling

Note that I came to know about this site in NDTV Cell guru show. Though I did not deal with them, I liked the way they pay you. They will send a cheque of the payment.

Post your experiences about whatever site you deal with.

Hope this helps.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I had very recently contacted Reglobe for selling my Samsung Duos2 phone. They offered slightly higher price than Flipkart (just 300 bucks more). Even it is the first time with them, i thought lets give a try. So from their site i had confirmed the pick up schedule and then I started receiving regular updates and SMS to my mobile stating the pick up time, pick up day etc. But just before one day of the scheduled pickup, I received an SMS from Reglobe stating that the mobile will be picked up by some xyz person from xyz stores. I thought that the pickup will be done by the authorized Reglobe personnel !!!

It seems they have tied up with some local vendors and they will do the job. But I feel it should be the Reglobe personnel that should be dealing with us and not some unknown xyz person from an unknown stores. I highly doubt the person collecting the device even have a valid identity card. Also the following are my observations.

1) The device will not be collected by Reglobe personnel. Thats for sure.
2) You will not get the receipt for the transaction immediately stating they received your device. They will send the confirmation some time later. Maybe the next day. I confirmed this by speaking with the Reglobe helpdesk.

I cancelled the pickup and then a few days later, I had exchanged the device with Flipkart for Lenovo K3 Note. Flipkart was good in this because the device will be collected by the Flipkart personnel, will give you instant receipt that they had received the device. So peace of mind here that you did not deal with any unauthorized persons.

I do not say that Reglobe is not popular, but I did not like the way they collect the devices. Why should we deal with some xyz person who is not directly from Reglobe?
Well I never sell any thing in OLX also as I do not like dealing monetary transactions with people I do not know. No i am not saying I am against OLX or similar sites. Just saying, be careful while dealing with unknown persons, particularly in monetary transactions.

You can check Karma Recycling

Note that I came to know about this site in NDTV Cell guru show. Though I did not deal with them, I liked the way they pay you. They will send a cheque of the payment.

Post your experiences about whatever site you deal with.

Hope this helps.
Wait, I thought they gave money on spot, at least that's what they say in the website. They also require you to sign an undertaking saying that it's not stolen and you have to provide your id card. I'm not gonna hand over my cell to someone without getting paid unless they are authorized. BS strategy. Looking into reviews.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
I sold my Galaxy Grand Duos through Reglobe a few months back. Two guys came to collect the phone, they had ID cards and I received money on the spot. They also took a copy of Aadhar card and I signed the undertaking.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I am from Kolkata and I sold my 4 years old HP laptop to them in August. A Re-globe person came to my place. He had a id. Checked the condition by booting it up. Not through - not very professional. Had a sound while booting, he called up someone & consulted. Deducted some amount from the quotation and paid me cash at my place.
i got a receipt/undertaking from him and also am email.
Then I forgot my bike papers in the laptop bag, he came to return them to me too. I was happy with the experience - just the price quoted can be low sometimes.

I did sell off my Xperia M early this year. I am from mumbai. Was fully satisfied with the entire deal. Reglobe quoted higher than the other sites hence chosen reglobe.

Reglobe has some tie-up with some people who buy mobiles and the person came to my house to collect the phone. He thoroughly checked the phone and tested the accessories for a couple of mins as per what details u have mentioned on refglobe website and confirmed that he will pay what has been quoted. He confirms online with reglobe on his mobile in ur house itself and post that you immed get a email confirmation that you have been paid this amt of money.

A

amit.tiger12

I also want some info regarding this

E-waste selling

I found some sites on Times Of India news paper

RECYCLE & REUSE

sites are...

1. *www.reglobe.in/
2. *budli.in/
3. E-Parisaraa , Electronic waste recycler in india (government authorized)
4. Attero is an integrated end to end electronics asset management company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom