ANY FAST DEFRAGMENTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Guest

Journeyman
Can any one suggest a reasonibly fast defragmentor for XP? I am really fedup with disk keeper, norton or smartdisk. :cry: :cry:

swatkat

Technomancer
Try System Mechanic's Disk defragmenter. And, how about the Windows Disk defragmenter itself?

jay4u

In the zone
Try PD 7

Try Perfect Disk 7 . It rocks . You have 3 options

1. Defragment ( Fastest.. really fast )
2. Smart Placement
3. Smart Placement with Agressive Fragmentation ( Slowest )

Try and post your experiences.............

anandk

Distinguished Member
have used diskeeper, system mechanic's and fix-it utilities'.

find Diskeeper the fastest and effective. 8)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
diskkeeper is really the best ....
nice interface .. fast too ...

though have used system mech tool too ..
diskeeper is better ...

geek_rohit

In the zone
Norton SpeedDisk is a breeze in Win98. If you have dual boot with 98 defrag in Win98. Speed Disk is slow in XP. I use SpeedDisk in Win98 and defrag all the drives including the XP parition.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
system mechanic's disk defragger is good... u can have optimized defrag, full defrag.... depending on mode speed changes... System Mechanic is an ultimate system mechanic

OP
Curious Guest

Curious Guest

Journeyman
Thats it geek_rohit
I was doing it for a long time. But in some of the XP partion, it refuses to defrag because of 'illegal long file name' and want to run NDD. I am hesitant to do it. Is it safe to run NDD in XP partition from 98 ? If so 'geek_rohit' you are great. Thanx again

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Guys, Nobody haven't tried Ultimate Defrag? *www.disktrix.com/UDScreenshots.htm

It allows you to choose your files and folders from the drive and you can exactly move/relocate them in your HDD where it should be(Outer tracks have less access time). BUT ITS NOT GOOD FOR BEGINNERS. I have used Sys Mech & Diskeeper too but not....

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I use Raxco's Perfect Disk 8 and am happy with it. It is realy fast when dealing with small files.But when it comes to large video files it takes a long time but I presume that is normal.I usually leave it to defrag my Video partition in the background and carry on with my other work.When it comes to defrag the large 300GB back up external drive, I start the defragging at night before retiring and by morning it is over.So I have never run out of patience and Perfect Disk is Microsoft approved. But still the built in Defragmenter in Microsoft Windows, I understand, is courtesy Diskkeeper. I also tried the free defraggler of CCleaner stable . but found that it was much much slower than Perfect Disk 8.My advice would be there is no point in looking for a fast defragmenter. Stick with one and allow it to do the task at its own pace. If necessary do the defragging at night and go to sleep.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom